MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Newbie in GA

Melissa

HI!!

My name is Melissa and I'm a SAHM to my special needs daughter, Brianna. She is 16 and has Rett Syndrome. In the last year she has lost the ability to walk, talk(what she was able to), eat, and sit up. I think b/c of her needs I feel a great urgency to assure they are always met.

We live in Georgia. I'm learning how to sew and trying to learn how to become more self sufficient. I really look forward to meeting and learning from all of you!!!

Melissa

Hi Melissa..

glad you joined us. I sew so if ya need help come on down to .. what is the name of the crafting area? oh Darlene changed it and I just can't get the hang of the new name... memories or something like that. Wish my memory was working!

**Hey Darlene.. you got a neighbor!**

any questions.. ask away.. quick before I loose my entire mind!

welcome

Welcome Melissa! I just moved to Georgia a couple of weeks ago. I'm up in the northern mountains...where are you at?

westbrook is an AWEsome sewer and loves to teach so she'll be a great one to ask questions of. I'm the proud owner of 5 sewing machines she got me to buy...haven't used any of them yet though.

darlene

lol

oh Melissa that is NOT true! she was gonna buy them anyway and I just pointed out the goods and bads.

I did get her to buy a singer 301 for her daughter and a serger! ok, so I am only responsible for less then half of them!

I live south of Covington. Pretty rural and I love it here. I didn't realize how antisocial I was until I moved out of city!!

Driving in the mountains scares me to death! I just know I'm going to fall off!

Originally Posted By: westbrook
oh Melissa that is NOT true! she was gonna buy them anyway and I just pointed out the goods and bads.

I did get her to buy a singer 301 for her daughter and a serger! ok, so I am only responsible for less then half of them!

LOL!! Are you on PH?
I just bought a serger and currently we aren't on speaking terms.

Melissa, westie lies.

It IS all her fault I have all these stupid sewing machines that I don't know how to use.

The only good thing they are for is that if I have them all out, people think I'm a seamstress.

If people today could see this half kitchen I have now, they'd never believe I was a cook.

Poetic injustice.

ROFL

LOL!! Too funny! I'm blessed with a large kitchen and really don't like to cook. Maybe we need to trade houses. However our "nutty" dog comes with the deal. Sweet but not too bright!

Melissa,

yes I am a PHer ... I just don't have time for it any more, my time is so divided as it is.

Now the house Darlene left, her kitchen was bigger then my home! heck, her swimming pool room was bigger then my home! and I could fit my home in her living room!

I am also anti-social.. I hate coming down off my mountain.

serger.. what did you get?? details!!!

Welcome Melissa! welcome6 As a Peds RN, turned NICU, I have a heart for special needs kids, but even more so for their moms. If there's ever anything I can help you with - even if it's just to vent - let me know! wave

Originally Posted By: westbrook
Melissa,

yes I am a PHer ... I just don't have time for it any more, my time is so divided as it is.

Now the house Darlene left, her kitchen was bigger then my home! heck, her swimming pool room was bigger then my home! and I could fit my home in her living room!

I am also anti-social.. I hate coming down off my mountain.

serger.. what did you get?? details!!!

I'm missynbri on PH. You helped me choose a serger about a month or so ago. It took me that long to commit!! I got a singer quantumlock. I wanted a cover hem stitch. I want to eventually get a babylock too so I can keep the coverhem set up all the time.
I don't spend much time on PH either. Too time consuming and I waste too much time as it is!
Originally Posted By: HSmom
Welcome Melissa! welcome6 As a Peds RN, turned NICU, I have a heart for special needs kids, but even more so for their moms. If there's ever anything I can help you with - even if it's just to vent - let me know! wave

Thanks HSmom!
I have found that the sicker my daughter has gotten, the fewer friends and family are involved. I really thought it would be the other way around. But I'm blessed to be home with her now. There was so much time when I had to choose between sending her to school unwell so I could pay bills and that longing to have her with me. She used to love school when she was well but as she regressed, it was just too much for her. Sorry I got long winded!!

balloons Welcome, Mellissa - from another who tends to be 'the hermit on the Mt.'

laughkick

But why come down if it's so beautiful here??? Yesterday, Mama Wild Mallard brought out her four BABY DUCKS on the pond for me to goggle over. CUTE!

I'd post a pic but she's not letting me *that* near yet...

MtRider

Welcome to the group Melissa. I see you have already caught the eye of Westie.. (Havent figured out if that is a good thing or a bad thing yet.) But since DH wants to buy me a serger maybe I should ask which one:)

We are all here to give and get advice and support. So hollar if you need us.

Archived