MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My dog found me....Introducing...Grace

Necie

Ya'll might remember that I was looking for a puppy. Rottweiler. Well, I'd all but given up after 5 months of something always being 'not right' everytime I called or went to see some. Well, the other day DD called me and said her and her BF were at a lady's house where her DBF gets his hair cut, and....SHE HAS PUPPIES! rollingeyes Well, after a bunch of yak-yak and yada yada...I told her to check them out. She says-Well, I don't know what to look for. I told her just go play with the mama. lol They got a kick outa that, but she did and after telling me that this mama was about like my first (my BABY) rottweiler, except bigger, I had to go check them out. EXCEPTIONAL! Had a hard time choosing between 7 females. Five of them had absolutely beautiful temperaments-calm, 'pay-attention' expressions. The mom and dad were GORGEOUS. Dad is 9 yrs old and 145 lbs. Mom is 7 yrs old, third litter, and 170 lbs. eek When they told me she was that heavy, I thought it wasn't gonna be good-have never seen a female that big, let alone one with pups. Well, she was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. And just as calm and well-mannered as you can get.

So, anyhow, here she is...Grace (thinking her full name will be Maverick Roadie's Gracious Zoe Elizabeth. Sire's name is Maverick, Dam's name is Elizabeth-but they call her Roadie, DD wants the name Zoe and since she helped the pup find me, I figured I'd oblige and include it grin )

First one is a head shot. My camera has a slight delay and sitting her on my lap and holding the camera out like that was the only way I could get it.

Second one is whole body shot and kinda shows her size.

Third one is her laying on the couch looking at me like: "What now?" That's the 'pay-attention' look. grin

Fourth is doing her 'job'. She's laying in front of the banty chicken coop. She met the chickens and wasn't impressed. wink

627-grace-sept14015.jpg

628-grace-sept14011.jpg

629-grace-sept14021.jpg

630-grace-sept14005.jpg

OH she is so cute! Makes me want a dog.

Not.

What was I saying? I am delusional from the cuteness.

So Cute! I am a cat person, so admitting a puppy is cue is a huge concession, hee hee.

Congrats on the newest "baby" at your house!

GOODMORNING6.gif

Necie, I'm so glad you were able at last to find a puppy you want. smile She sure will be a good dog for you. smile

I am a dog person, not a cat person. I don't mind cats, but not inside. We had the two in last fall and they were distroing my plants. Just had to give them away. frown If they are outside, they kill my birds, but would be nice if we had one outside that would leave the birds alone. smile

Minnie does do some killing outside though, she killed a chipmunk yesterday. Here she is just being lazy. smileDCP_2480.jpg

Necie, she's beautiful! I'm so glad you found her. Can I ask how much you paid for her? No, no, no...maybe you shouldn't tell me.... Well, maybe you could whisper it...don't want dh to hear....Indiana is far enough away that I wouldn't be crazy enough to consider getting another puppy...

Stacy

Originally Posted By: mommato3boys
Oh man she is a doll. Wish I had a house with a BIG yard so I could have more than the lab we have now.

Rottweilers don't need as much room to 'run' as Labradors do. Labs are a hunting dog-they need LOTS of exercise. Love water and love to run, great 'frisbee' dogs. Rottweilers are natural 'guard' dogs. They do need a bit of room when they are young, but as they get older, they will tend to 'stick around' and not go far from what they are 'guarding'. They are not good 'frisbee' dogs-and it is not good for them. Rotties can be prone to hip dysplasia and should NOT do the run, jump, come down hard-no dog should be allowed to jump on doors or people, etc. Rottie's do not 'fetch', they play 'tag'- they will not bring it back, they will make you come and get it and they WON'T make it easy. It IS a fun game-but also the reason every Rottie should know the command "DROP IT". My dogs favorite toys were balls-BIG balls-soccer, basketball. They love to push them around the yard with their nose and front feet like playing soccer and if you kick at it with them, they will try to keep it away from you. grin A male rottie I had that weighed 150 lbs--his favorite 'toy' was a 16 lb bowling ball. He'd push it around the yard like it was a balloon.

Rotties don't need alot of room-they DO need an EXTREME amount of training and even more LOVE. Their single goal seems to be to please their 'person/s' and when they do you can see complete happiness and love by just looking in their eyes.

Can you tell I LOOOOOOOVE my dogs. bighug

She's beautiful, Necie.

But I don't understand why you want to can her (look closely at the 2nd picture). Sure, I can see canning bats, but a beautiful dog like that? shrug

Psst...it's a joke...look at the 2nd picture.

Archived