MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Year Did you join MrsSurvival??

Stephanie

The Year you Joined MrsSurvival  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What year did you join MrsSurvival (not counting lurking years)

Just an interesting bit of trivia....Seems to me that 2006 was an awfully good year for MrsSurvival. :whistling:

So, I have been wondering, what membership year is the MOST common between our active posters?? :shrug:

What year did you join? Care to share a detail or two? :D

Just for fun!! So have some ! :thumbs:

*Edit because of early morning fumble fingers! ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I joined in 2007 but I had beel lurking for a while before I joined, so I might have first come here in 2006 myself. It was either late 2006 or early 2007 for me

I wanna know who the old fogey that voted 99 is :D

:girlneener::girlneener::girlneener:

As I explained in my profile...

"I stumbled into Mrs Survival during a blizzard in the early days of January, 1999. My husband had been discussing a thing called "Y2K" at work, and so I went searching online on our "new-to-us" computer. Little did I know how much Mrs S would impact my life...

I lurked for a while and was interested in the friendly ease at which these people interacted. One day someone posted something *I* could answer, so I registered and posted, and the "Newbie" was welcomed with open arms. Eventually, I was asked if I wanted to help moderate the Sunporch, and one thing led to another, and now I moderate and help in Administration."

The people who have come and gone have each left a mark... and I've come to realize how important Mrs Survival is to a whole 'nother world of lurkers.

It used to kind of "creep me out" to see how much the new people seemed to ALREADY KNOW US, and over and over they kept saying "I lurked for years". YEARS? How could you watch and laugh and learn with us and NOT jump in????

I understand it better now, and it's partly why I keep working to clarify things, to show older links, to pull in the old as well as the new. It helps with *perspective*.

Yeah, I slept in. Bad day. Feeling a bit overwhelmed this week...

(((Cat)))

The fresh loaf of English Muffin Bread should be ready shortly, I'll save you a slice and we're share a cuppa (whatever you like). :hug3:

I've had a bit of the mullygrubs myself this week...SO MUCH TO DO and it seems never ending. <_<

I believe I visited MrsSurvival pre y2k, but mostly I was reading at a place called the Y2KWoman, any of y'all remember that place? I think her name was Karen.

2006 was an awfully good year for MrsSurvival.

:whistling:

Joined within hour of finding site which looking back was unbelievable. MsS was the first internet "chat thing" I'd ever registered for. Apparently fell into Cat's trap at first sniff of the cheese LOL. She was/is always the one who encourages new people to come and join. Intent on making them comfortable and feeling at home. I do remember pm'ing her in the beginning with some questions and asking for her help to calm fears of newbie. Luv ya Cat :wub: Anyway, haven't looked back since. It's been a wonderful addition to my life to have so many cyber friends.

*hey Stephanie, glad we beat the cavemen here or they would have decorated things entirely different lol*

I admit I lurked a lot before I joined but that was because my husband is very strict about computer security that is one of his jobs where he works and also since he is military aka home land security I had to make sure thru him I would be safe. So if I had joined sooner I would have joined in 2007 but I waited to make sure I was safe I had already been here lurking for almost a year or longer. I loooove this place great folks here.

I've been here since 98 or 99. This brain is having trouble remembering the specifics. I found it when looking for information re: Y2K. Was it called "Mrs Buckshot and 0-6" or something to that effect before Darlene took over? Darlene, I can't thank you enough for taking this wonderful site on, and keeping it going.

I joined in January 2007, but lurked since 2005.

I was badly burned on my first site, so it took a lot to get me to make my first post here.

I joined in 2002. I believe I lurked for about an hour before joining. To date this is still the only theme type of website I have joined. Found what I'm looking for and that's it. Kind of like my marriage to dh!

I joined in January 2007, but lurked since 2005.

I was badly burned on my first site, so it took a lot to get me to make my first post here.

Sure glad you did. I especially enjoy those graphics. The other night looked all over the net for a certain cat picture I was wanting. Kept thinking... I bet Leah could find it.

Archived