MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Becca_Anne

Merry Christmas all!!!! :)

Kids all came over yesterday for Christmas Eve. I love Chrismas Eve...such a relaxing day. DD got a turkey from work, so DH smoked it Thursday and we had turkey sandwiches, beef and noodles, taters and gravy and cheesy beans.

Today we have to go to DH's mom and dads. :twister3: What a madhouse that will be. DH has 6 brothers and sisters ranging from 62 to 43 and nieces and nephews that haven't been there all year will show up. dry.gif

DH and I bought our own presents this year. He got a new (used) riding John Deer lawnmower and I got a goat--a Nubian doe kid from the Lynnhaven herd in New York . :happy0203:

Best Christmas present so far....DS2 and DIL2B gave me a picture frame that says: "There's no place like home...except for Grandma's" with a 4D ultrasound picture of my GRANDDAUGHTER that is due in March. :wub::cloud9:

Wishing all a blessed and happy day!!

:bighug2: and :kissy:

Merry Christmas to all!

We're having a quiet one. So many things were supposed to get done, but they didn't and that's that. The rest of this year will be spent simply closing doors, finding peace in the closed doors, and gearing up for January.

Merry Christmas everyone.

:santa:

Today will include cooking and risk assessment. Another house burned down in our neighborhood yesterday afternoon. The fire department had to pour water on it well into the night. It was an historical house built in the early 1900's. Thankfully we don't believe any one was in it. This makes at least 6 in the last 10 years. :shakinghead:

May everybody's day be filled with great joy and a multitude of blessings.

Merry Christmas everyone! DH and I had a quiet and peacefilled day, then supper at DD#1's home with about 14 of us, now home with DD#3 and DGS#3.

Congratulations Becca_Anne on baby son #4 coming soon to your home!

Congratulations Necie on your granddaughter on the way!

Wishing you all a joyous and peacefilled New Year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Right now the house is full of people...the food has been demolished and we're all sitting around listening to 70's music. :eclipsee_Victoria: The best part of today was watching my kids and nephews put together a recordable book for their grandmother. It took them 1 and a half hours to record a very simple book because they couldn't get through it without giggling and laughing. It was hysterical! Did I mention they're ages 16 to 27?

Hey MacKinnon? Is this your blog about Brigid's Wood? http://brigidswood.blogspot.com/

Merry Christmas one and all.....

Been up since beofre 4 am waiting for Lori to get up so we can open the stockings.

She said NOT until 5 am and it is that time now so I better get the coffee going so when she gets down here we can start.

Enjoy the day whatever you have planed?

I have a BIG surprize planed for Lori Dearest!

:AmishMichael2:

Oh I got her good!

Have been spending the last few weeks making her a new doll house!

Lori's Books, Bargains & More Shop with 1 room all books and the other room filled with 'stuff' then on the upper floor there are 2 rooms filled with more stuff for the shop ( off season things and extra).

Here what went down..............

Last thing she finds in her stocking is a very small envelope with a gift certificate in it for an 'old pie safe' (I hand made her one in 1/12 scale) that said to pick it up at Lori's Books, Bargains & More?

Where is THAT she asked? I don't now I replied maybe something on my workbench? So off we went to the office to see what was there......

A sandwich board sign was there saying that Lori's Books, Bargains & More was opening this weekend? So I get a look from her and say..... When was the last time you looked at the roombox dollhouse in the Kitchen? So off we go only to find it just the same?

Well I don't get it I say better check the back porch?

So she did and there on a table, outside facing her, was the new dollhouse!

After she stopped crying I carry it in saying it not done yet but the outside is all done up to look like a shop with signs everywhere and her 'new' logo across the front.

But after a few minutes of oohs and ahhs I tell her to look in the window as I see a 'few books'... and you can.

Then I turn it around and she can see ALL the things that I made for the book shop and bargain area (thrift shop).......... and she cried again.

So I guess I did good!

So far I have made over 30 to scale! And lots of other things to go in it as well even the checkout counter! Of cause there are 2 cats in the book store an d3 puppies in the bargain area!

* Pictures to come soon - (I hope I can load them right)

Yes, Dogmom, that is our blog! Needs to be updated - DH did most of it while we were building our house!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that the next several days (and weeks) are great, too. I'm just sitting here watching the snow fall in the woods behind our house - enchanting!

Thanks.

A few things to know...............

that Blue Siding is made from cardstock not 'store bought' ($$$) as is the roof but it was regular brown sandpaper I sprayed black then cut into strips and even cut the tabs in so it looks real.

and the brick? you can buy it at shops for $$$ or be cheap like Michael and make it. Took a picture of the front wall at our bank and asked Lori to make me 4 color copies. Cut it up and glued it down.

And speaking of blue paint that blue is the $2.00 can I got on sale (with Lori) [another post] and she never knew it was for her Dollhouse until Christmas morning. LOL

**see them blue totes in the Bargain area? does it make you want some toast with jelly? That is what they were- the jelly you get when you go out to eat! :thumbs:

made all the signs too.

See what a little creativity can do? Wonderful, Michael! I love how you can find something like a single-serve jelly container and see it as a tote!

That's one of my biggest faults... I can think of so any creative ways to "re-purpose" things that I find it difficult to toss things. It's a curse sometimes. :sEm_blush: DH told me to toss the light fixture that cost more for the new bulb than to buy new. I couldn't resist pulling off the plug for the next time he needs to change one. Yes, it's a curse.

In November, I saw on our local Freecycle groups that some mom was begging for a used Barbie house for her daughter for Christmas. I wrote her an email and suggested that she could make a Barbie-sized house from boxes and cardboard and fabrics. The hard clear plastic from merchandise can be used as windows (and you can color them with marker for "stained glass" effects). I told her that there are even instructions and print-outs online. She thanked me, at least.

On Christmas Eve, she put out one last, trying-for-a-tear-jerker appeal to save her daughter's Christmas.

If she had done the work instead of hoping for freebies, her daughter could have had not only a new doll house, but a testament to her mother's love for her.

thanks all for the kind words...................

UPDATE:

Lori has since put MORE into it,like:

2 more cats 1 laying down by the door on porch,1 in book room

3 puppies all in the bargain area (so they leave the cats alone!

flower pots hanging on porch and a wall mailbox (had to make her a mini newspaper for it)

Lots more for bargain area like more little stuffed animals in 1 of the blue totes

Pictures (for sale) on the walls

more books,and more books and even MORE books!

oh and I even made her 'scale' bookmarks with her logo on them to give out in the book room. Yes I am that NUTS!

next is curtains but she is having trouble finding just the right ones? from all my lace I have for quilting. See the trouble is too many choices! but the rods are all ready to go.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

need to finish putting up the gutter and rain barrel on the shed.

here is one of the bookmarks for you to see:

Stop in today to see all the neat stuff that is filling up the 2 rooms!

Lori's Books, Bargains & More

A Thrift Shop and a whole lot more!

We are a Second hand shop with Bargains every day and lots of good used books for sale

SHOP HOURS: Mon.,Tues. & Wed. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Fri. & Sat. 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. CLOSED: Thur. & Sun.

just remember that hey are about 3/4 of an inch long when printed out for the dollhouse. LOL

and I can't use the great fonts I have on my computer to show how they really look?

Archived