MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What a day!!!

snapshotmiki

Started out nomally as DH and I left at 6:30 to go to work at the ranch and I was cleaning for a lady. About an hour later we got a call from the rv park manager saying get back fast and get the pups out of the trailer! Flash flood!!! I made a quick list as we sped home - 15 miles. Threw everything in two trash bags and grabbed BOB and dogs and out the door!!! It came up so fast that by the time we got home it was too late to pull the trailer out. I'll post a couple of photos in a bit. We were the only trailer that did not get out but we spent the day waiting and praying and God stopped the water within an inch of the door--it covered all the steps, Once it started going down, it went pretty quick and we were back in and settled in time for pups dinnertime. We are thanking God still!!!!!

When I got on the computer a few minutes ago there are two more flash flood warnings starting this afternoon and going through Saturday morning. With all this new water soaking in now, if it happens again--we're out of here! We called DHs brother and told him we were coming to stay with him for a week--us and dogs--could've heard a pin drop. hee hee!

To end the day though, DHs brother says the guy is supposed to show up tomorrow with papers to buy the fixer upper we have been waiting on!!! I just can't do the happy dance yet as this was supposed to happen on Jan 9th and then the guy never showed and wouldn't return our calls. But please pray that it will go through! This trailer has gotten much smaller since adding Molly to the mix!!! She is getting spayed tomorrow. Even if the creek does rise!!!!!!

Seems like flooding is the disaster for this week. Been there, done that, didn't like it. Hang in there Snapshot, :hug3:

:bighug2:

The vehicle in the photo belongs to a neighbor. We got ours out. I love the tractor and the Enter sign was just a little humor!

The photo that looks like just water is the river coming in to the park! That is our trailer in the two photos!

post-45-036824200 1327623833_thumb.jpg

post-45-038668300 1327623876_thumb.jpg

post-45-069903300 1327623879_thumb.jpg

post-45-058141500 1327623883_thumb.jpg

post-45-058360000 1327623887_thumb.jpg

Seems like flooding is the disaster for this week. Been there, done that, didn't like it. Hang in there Snapshot, :hug3:

:bighug2:

Thanks! Now we have been in a tornado and and a flood in this state, earthquake in AZ, hailstorms and blizzard in WY and many hurricanes in FL. You never know what a new day will bring!!!

Well MIki, dont be shy and keep the radio on and listening outside for the water .yikes. that was close. hope the trailer is ok. I have been watching the weather channel and watching the some big red bands move east through the southeast. I sure hope that fixer upper home is on a rise at least? I hope you get those papers signed.

lol on the

Brother.. surprise surprise.....

good luck in the weeks to come and I hope things dry out a bit for ya all down there.

WHAH! That was a close call! Glad you and the pups are safe there.

No water crept in the engine?

Violet, you mean she got flooded worse? Oh no, that's awful!

Please if you speak with them, let us know how they are doing. And give them our love.

WHAH! That was a close call! Glad you and the pups are safe there.

No water crept in the engine?

Thanks everyone!

Christy, we got the truck in and out ok. It was the travel trailer that we were too late to move. We're very thankful that God held back the water!

Oh that's a relief. You are really blessed that that 1 inch didn't come higher.

So good to hear.

So what's the travel trailer than? Not the RV?

Sorry, language barrier :)

Travel trailer is a pull behind the truck type of RV. A motorhome would have an engine to pull it. RV stands for recreational vehicle and covers most anything. One of the strangest things we saw was entire colonies of fire ants floating around. Just piled together. They were piled around the door to the trailer so DH had to brush them away with a broom so we could get back in. Got a few bites but not too many.

Miki--your post about the ants made me think that if we all banded together like ants, grasshoppers (Little Hous on the Prairie), etc. to helped each other--with everyone doing their part--our world might be in a better position. ( Reminds me something I read in -The Little House on the Prairie' series.

I do hope you have some help when you and CGA get to that point. When my parents were RVing with their club, they became like family and helped each other.

Martha, that's a beautiful and very true thought. (((Martha)))

AWWWWWWW, Miki! Not you too! And here I never even heard of all that rain y'all got swamped with. In JANUARY????? Is that normal?

So glad it didn't get inside your home. Praying that your next home [not on wheels] will be a sure thing and not as bad to fix up as might be.... :dusting:

MtRider [Glad you and yours were able to EVAC soooo fast!!! :hugs3: ]

So glad you didn't get water IN the travel trailer, Miki!

Do check all the storage areas, insulation, and wiring asap for fire ant colonies. If a ball of ants with a queen landed where they can get inside, you can get a colony setting up in the walls. Watch for odd looking dirt piles against the bottom of a wall. They will bring dirt in from outside and take it into the wall to build with.

Archived