MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Popping back in after a looooooong time...

I still see a whole bunch of names I recognize!!

It's been way too long, but I finally wandered my way back over here.

Thank you Cat for helping me get my password sorted out!! :blush:

Now.. time to go poking around and see what's changed...

Mostly good stuff!

We're still living out in the boonies in Oregon on our little farm... the animal population has grown quite a bit. Hubby is still in law enforcement, but now has seniority enough to not ALWAYS be stuck on the lousy shifts, lol! My DS is now almost 17 and starting his senior year of high school AND his freshman year of college in the fall (dual enrollment option at his high school, it's such a blessing!). DDs are now 13, 10, almost 9, and 7. And back in January of this year, we learned that even though *we* thought our family was complete, God had other ideas... and baby #6 is due in about two months. :blink:

I'll have to give a longer update a little later, we have a busy morning ahead of us...

Edited by babysteps

Accckkk!!! So I wasn't expecting today to go *quite* like it did... sorry it's taken all day to update!

DS was scheduled to have "minor" surgery this morning. It ended up being more extensive than the doctor expected AND his recovery has been rough so far. Each time they've tried to get him up walking around a bit, he's passed out or thrown up... not a good thing when you've just had abdominal surgery! He was supposed to go home by 2 this afternoon, now he's staying at least overnight and they're iffy on him going home tomorrow, either.

So I spent the day at the hospital with him instead of being home with time to update!

At any rate, things have been going fairly well for the past couple of years. Just general busy life, nothing really of note. :) God keeps pouring out blessings on us even though we certainly don't deserve it!

Glad to see you all again, I've missed it here. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...