MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

DH did heart tests yesterday and doc thinks maybe a small blockage in lower chamber?  He goes in tomorrow for catheritization--spelling. They will put a stent in if needed.

Today, I'm cooking sausage and eggs and making pico de gallo for morning breakfast burritos (low carb tortilla). Also making baked beans and grilling chicken. Yesterday I made a green bean salad with just a can of green beans and Italian dressing. We tried the ham and bean soup that I canned and it is wonderful!!! Trying to get a little ahead with DH maybe in the hospital overnight tomorrow evening.

Please pray for him and his doctor!

• Like 1

Today, I made a double batch of low carb pancakes for Mom and me.  She wanted some to take out camping, I wanted some for...NOMNOMNOM.  They came out saltier, I think 'cause I used vegan cream cheese that's a bit saltier than regular and cooked them in salted butter.  They're fine once you add plenty of low carb syrup.  I need to remember to tell her to make sure she doesn't let the dog lick her plate since the syrup has xylitol.

Internet people are trying to figure out why our internet is running at about .36 Mbps (we're supposed to be getting state-of-the-art-top-of-the-line-for-our-area 15 Mbps).  They might be out here traipsing up on the roof later to move the receiver.

4 hours ago, TheCG said:

Internet people are trying to figure out why our internet is running at about .36 Mbps (we're supposed to be getting state-of-the-art-top-of-the-line-for-our-area 15 Mbps).  They might be out here traipsing up on the roof later to move the receive

:tinfoilhatsmile::tinfoilhatsmile::tinfoilhatsmile:

It's part of the Net Neutrality bill that passed. Part of it said it allowed all the providers can now charge their customers more for faster speeds....  We are dealing with the "slow down" issue too.  Yet, our provider said, " ...we can't provide you with faster speed, because the lines into your area will not support it...."  Yeah, right.  I'd be willing to bet the prisons and jails in our area aren't dealing with that.

:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Today, I spent some time looking at all the scrap wood I have, to plan how I want our head board to look.  I'm still planning, several drawings, some, no, some, maybe....  the internet search gave me no solutions, just more to think about....  I'll figure it out.  But, I may have to buy a couple more pieces of wood, maybe not, we shall see.

Finished the financial reports, mailed off the taxes, and picked up the mail.  OMG!  The postmaster is a thoughtful person, (he's a sweetheart too).  Anyway, I got mail from the Postmaster telling me that my Art company is eligible for free direct mailing.  Wow!  I think God is telling me to get back into my Art business.  First, I found a program on my Win10 that will allow me to have a free web site, (I'd been paying $800. / 2 years. for over 20 years).  Then, while we were helping cleaning out the neighbors house, we found 5 portable easels.   I have been working on one painting for 3 years now, because it is very detailed intensive, but, in the meantime, I have been getting some ideas for other projects that take very little time, and a person I know has been sending me pics of her 'display' she does for shows......  I had saved a bunch of stuff, JIC something happened and I would need to use my Art as a source of income to supplement my monthly income....   IDK, maybe?  Seems like it.  I actually worked on that painting today.  Not a lot of progress, but found a few areas I need to concentrate on....  :rolleyes:

We did BBQ chicken and fried zucchini spears last night.  Still trying to figure out "what's for dinner" tonight....  

I hope everyone is having a blessed day, keeping you all in my prayers.......................

• Like 3

Hubby working for a customer so I pittled around here with my Abby-girl.  Paid some bills on line and got some planning done for this month.  We need some R&R!  This weather has been so sporadic...absolutely defying the time of year!  Wanted to get my seed potatoes in the dirt but it's been to cold and too wet.  Couldn't believe a Sutherland's was having a "plant sale" ...  and expecting people to buy them and plant them...when the last frost isn't for another week!  Better have a place inside (or a green house) or they'll be wasting their dollars.  He'll be working tomorrow also so guess I'll find something to do.  We drove to the city where my van is being worked on and PTL it wasn't outside...so we're hoping the mechanic has it back in his garage and is putting the rebuilt tranny in!  Only my Lord will know how glad I'll be to have wheels back under me!  He's had my deposit money and my van for 6 months!  Never again will I turn my vehicle over to a "shade tree" mechanic...no matter who recommends his work!  Hurrumph!

WE2...my good friend who lives in central MO was astonished to see snow this week.  She sent m a pic, saying the last time that happened in their area this late was in 1970.  :frozen: 

Meanwhile, we've had a very lovely winter this year.  It used to be like this and then it slowly got more and more frigid cold and more snow.  This season was a reversal back to when we'd first arrived here....and we LIKE it!  Noticed today that the pond has lost all ice except for a migrating ice floe.  Happy ducks soon!  :lol:  I see them looking over at that water from their pen already.

MtRider  ....the day started verrrry rough but PTL ...ended much better.  :amen:

This weekend, we will NOT be driving north on the main road through our town. The news said “....50-70,000 people per day.....” will be coming in.  This morning, I can hear the rumble of vehicles, and see the dust in the air. 

I can imagine if SHTF and the cities emptied ‘to get away to a better place’, it might look like what our little town looks like now. Luckily, tptb keep most of the population contained and provide most of the services-food, water, supplies, emergency, etc., at the location. Still....

There’s gonna be a lot of folks sunburnt and dealing with heat issues, because we have clear skies and temps in the mid 90’s. Yeehaw. 

Is it snowbirds headed north, Annarchy?  

DH has no blockages at all so now to get VA to find a pulmonologist in our area to go to!  Praising the Lord for no blockages at all!  I was all set to blame myself for the way I cook if he had to have stents.  So can I be happy for the way I cook since he has no blockages?  We eat very little processed food at all, but do have sugar in some things.

I am so tired and DH can't do anything at all for the next 3 days which isn't a big difference, but still.  I know this is all temporary, including our time here on earth!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, snapshotmiki said:

Is it snowbirds headed north, Annarchy?

Nah...

It's Country Thunder, or as DH & friends call it. "Country Blunder".  One road in, one road out, no other roads connect to it.  The road to it continues into a mountain canyon and quits.  It's a mess of traffic.  The news chopper flew over yesterday, and all you could see was miles of motorhomes bumper to bumper.

Last year he ended up in ER with his heart, and it took forever to get service because the ambulances and life flights were in and out the whole time.  

• Like 1

I'm going over to see that Sweet Baby J tomorrow. I'm all ready to go except for doing some banking. I forgot about it today. I'll be back sometime Monday night I guess.

Hopefully I'll pre-approved for a mortgage, or at least get the ball rolling, and I can get a checking account set up for my Social Security to be deposited in. Gonna go sign up when I get home. 61 days until I'm 66.  Wooo-Hooo! Not that I want to get older but I've been waiting for this for 4 years.

• Like 1
On 4/4/2018 at 4:59 PM, Annarchy said:

:tinfoilhatsmile::tinfoilhatsmile::tinfoilhatsmile:

It's part of the Net Neutrality bill that passed. Part of it said it allowed all the providers can now charge their customers more for faster speeds....  We are dealing with the "slow down" issue too.  Yet, our provider said, " ...we can't provide you with faster speed, because the lines into your area will not support it...."  Yeah, right.  I'd be willing to bet the prisons and jails in our area aren't dealing with that.

:whistling:

Nah, it was just on the wrong frequency.  And there's no lines, so our options are satellite or microwave radio. 

• Like 1

Glad you got some rest, Mt. Rider!  Me too!  10 hours and 8 minutes sleep according to fitbit, although awake 4 times and restless 16.  I think that's a personal best!  Is there an Olympics division for sleeping?  I hope your dh is getting some rest also!

Today, I'm running to the local grocery for their one day sale, post office to mail eBay, drug store for DH's meds and then cleaning house this afternoon.  Supposed to rain this afternoon and overnight and get cold again.  Low around 39 tomorrow night.  Pretty cool here for Southwestern MS!

And this last months elec. bill was $81.  So much better than $260 in February!

DH did not sleep well.  He woke me up [briefly] several times.  Very restless with all that is going on.  So he found/ordered more of the sleep-aid that helps him into actual deep sleep.  A spray, actually.  Pray he stays alert today...cuz he's realllly worn out.  AND....it's SNOWING in the high country today.  Lovely wet sticky snow.  NEED moisture!  Dust has been getting to me badly in bronchials. 

Edited to add:  seriously pray for his focus.  I just swept the stairs/his car as he was going to head to work.  Before he left, I found he'd dropped his cell phone on the steps coming down...and gave it to him.  :buttercup:  ...gonna be a looong day for him. :pray:

MtRider  ...HAPPY ducks on pond today...turning white with snow.  Doesn't bother them.  :lol: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
6 hours ago, TheCG said:

Nah, it was just on the wrong frequency. 

Our provider did that to us one time and wiped out our internet.  :fryingpan:

Been to WM, got some supplies.  Two checkout isles open and lines 1/2 way through the store.  I asked an employee walking around if they could get another checker, and the response was, "No".  It took almost 1/2 hour to finally be able to check out.  Frustrating.

Taking it somewhat easy today, still have a lot to do.  But, tonight is Live PD and we are hoping our county is on again.  With the festivities out in the desert, it might be fun to watch.  We always enjoy trying to ID anyone getting in trouble.    DH will say, " I know where that is" or "Isn't that so & so?"  :sHa_sarcasticlol:  I know, that's not nice.....   :whistling:

12 minutes ago, Annarchy said:

Our provider did that to us one time and wiped out our internet.  :fryingpan:

I'm the sort that watches when they're doing things, and when it went off, then came back on at almost the proper speed, I called the office and asked the lady to tell them that whatever they just did worked, please don't break it again.  She started laughing and called the guys who were working on it.

• Haha 1

I'm geting to old for this.....  BUT WE NEEEED THE MOISTURE...  :frozen: 

Spring snowstorm today.  Prediction:  2" max.  Reality: 7.5"   Resulting labor:  Making paths; bumping/sweeping snow off Circus Tent [gotta get rid of this "temporary" storage area!] roof; sweeping porch and 15 steps X8.....  :faint3:   My arms and shoulders and hands HURT.  Strained right wrist again.  Remember when  :hapydancsmil: SNOW  :hapydancsmil: used to be FUN!     ....life was a lot easier before getting old... :buttercup: 

HOWEVER....I do sincerely APPRECIATE THE MOISTURE.  :amen:  :sSig_thankyou:  :amen:   

MtRider ....I'm also going to appreciate the Tylenol.... 

• Like 2

We started out at 62 this morning and it is headed down from there.  38 tonight which I know sounds like a heat wave to you, Mt. Rider!  

Today, I am cleaning house, making a pint of homemade seasoned salt and them making donuts from crescent rolls (we will see how that goes).

Big storm last night and only slept a little over 5 hours so trying to take it a bit easy today!

• Like 1

Actually, I asked DH if our thermometer was broken.  Seems like it's hovered in the mid 20's ....day and night...for a week.  Usually our day/nite temps are extremely different.  Well after hovering there yesterday, it dropped to 10 before DH came home.....meaning the warm ground/roads melting the snow....turned to ice.  He said he was prepared to take a long time getting home but...it wasn't bad.  They might have salted the roads???

What's your recipe for seasoned salt, Miki?

Slow start this morning.  Woke to some melting ice crashing down the rainspout.  :wacko:  "Huh?  Wha...?"  Tylenol worked fine for soreness and I slept well.  Plan to alternate Tylenol [processed in liver] with Nuprin [processed by kidneys] and so far, it's working fine.

MtRider ....please continue praying for my folks.  This O2 use and transition is hard on them. 

• Sad 1

Rainy today.  Between showers we will plant our fruit trees (apple, pear, peach & plum - all dwarf, all self-fruitful).  Still waiting on raspberries, but Burgess cashed the check.  I am soooo POed at my mortgage co.  I have a coupon book, so I sent in a check early, like a good little girl - they neglected to notify me they were starting the automatic withdrawals for the mortgage this month.  So I paid twice - I wrote to them and asked for them to send the extra payment  back, but I doubt they will.  (It would not be bank-like.)  2nd option I could settle for is to credit me with paying next month's payment ahead.  Needless to say I got RID of that coupon book.  Meanwhile the budget is well and truly in the crapper.  Sheesh!  Mary darn near had to jump start my heart when I saw my bank statement!

Mary has arranged for us to get a Chihuahua puppy when it is old enough to leave its Mama.  She says Snickers needs another little dog to hang out with.

Edited by kappydell
  • Sad 1