MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Headache is nearly gone. Or at least manageable. I slept most of the weekend away without any help. A heating pad, a fan, a book on CD, a comfy quilt, a dark room and a steady rain did the trick. I do need a new mattress though. This one was bought around 1985. Well taken care of and not a spot on it but it sags and bags in all of the wrong places. Kinda like me. Pfffft.

Social Security called me today and I missed the call. I called back and the recording said they'd call back in 24 to 48 hours. Like I'm going to sit by the phone for 2 days and wait. Now I'm wondering what they want. I didn't think they ever called. It was an American accent. I reversed the number before I called. It's legit.

I got a copy of my credit report mailed to me. I already had the detailed one. It is good but one company said I had too much "amount owed" on my revolving credit. First of all, I pay my credit cards off every month.  And secondly, when my report was run, all three cards showed a negative balance. I usually round up the amount to make check writing easier. Like if I owe $188.34 Then I just make out the check $200.00. I don't carry a balance except between statements. I could call and ask about it but I've decided to let it go. No sense in drawing more attention to myself from yet another institution. Choosing my battles. Sigh.

We know if I ever find a house, there is going to be nothing but problems because, apparently that's just the way I roll.

• Sad 2

Went to VA clinic for dh's lab work this morning.  Didn't even make it back to the exam room.  Doc and nurse had to hold him up while he caught his breath.  Found out his heart rate is going way down when he stands up and walks.  Got labs done for pulmonologist who thinks it is some type of allergen or fungus in the air or dust as opposed to COPD.  Canceling appt. for Thursday as labs won't be back in time.

I did some grocery shopping while DH waited in the car--nice and cool today!  And going to bed early tonight.  I'm just staying tired!

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Headache is nearly gone. Or at least manageable. I slept most of the weekend away without any help. A heating pad, a fan, a book on CD, a comfy quilt, a dark room and a steady rain did the trick. I do need a new mattress though. This one was bought around 1985. Well taken care of and not a spot on it but it sags and bags in all of the wrong places. Kinda like me. Pfffft.

Social Security called me today and I missed the call. I called back and the recording said they'd call back in 24 to 48 hours. Like I'm going to sit by the phone for 2 days and wait. Now I'm wondering what they want. I didn't think they ever called. It was an American accent. I reversed the number before I called. It's legit.

I got a copy of my credit report mailed to me. I already had the detailed one. It is good but one company said I had too much "amount owed" on my revolving credit. First of all, I pay my credit cards off every month.  And secondly, when my report was run, all three cards showed a negative balance. I usually round up the amount to make check writing easier. Like if I owe $188.34 Then I just make out the check $200.00. I don't carry a balance except between statements. I could call and ask about it but I've decided to let it go. No sense in drawing more attention to myself from yet another institution. Choosing my battles. Sigh.

We know if I ever find a house, there is going to be nothing but problems because, apparently that's just the way I roll.

Don't know about where you live, but in our state, every time you run a credit report it actually lowers your credit rating.  They seem to think you're getting turned down and are searching...might want to check out how it is for your state.

One of our new babies.  Yes, I am growing hair back and NO its not curly or gray.  Today we picked up 2 Chihuahuas, a brother and sister 8 weeks old.  This one is "Buddy".  "Missy" is black & white and a little smaller. The kittens adore them.

buddy 1st day.jpg

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 4

Cute lil' pup, Kappy.  Yeah!  You got hair!  Shows health is returning tooooo!  :amen: 

Poor Jeepers.  Must have been a long weekend with migraine.  :(  Glad it's finally receeding.  OW! 

Sheeesh, Miki.  You're having such a time; in and out of medical appointments....and I can relate.  But....again, it's good that he was right in the doctor's arms [literally] when the "thing" happened.  Sure does help them narrow it down.  Discovering if it's heart rate or/and blood pressure and/or pulmonary?  Whew!   I have just the quirk of blood pressure not rising when I do.  I've always had to avoid leaping up to go do something.... :faint3:   Your dh sounds like it's different/more than that.  Praying that you'll FIND IT and get something to make him feel well again!!!  :pray: 

OK....so my mom loves her O2 now and it feeling so much better.  We visited on Sunday  [was that just yesterday?....I'm sooo tired]  Told my brother that my dad looked worse than my mom. 

A N D .....DH went over tonite after work to drive my dad to the ER.  While my mom and I were having our nightly conversation on the phone, he was saying he feels terrible.  His legs feel weird...hurt...he's hot....   My mom checked his legs and they're badly swollen up from toes to knees.  So I called DH and asked him to get over to their house.  He was just finishing work [same town] and looking forward desperately to a good nite's sleep.  He still has to E-file 2 LATE tax people....  But now he's sitting in the ER with my dad.  Cuz my mom doesn't have enough O2 bottles to stay there [unless she borrowed O2 from ER], she stayed home.  If he has to stay in ER overnite.....  He really doesn't like being there by himself.   DH has to file those taxes.  Good thing DH doesn't have work the next two days.  :twister3:  

MtRider   ....O God, we need help and stamina!  :pray: 

Edited by Mt_Rider

Up and have the laundry on the run already this morning and swept the house too! Made buckeye bars for DH and some for potluck Sunday School Class dinner this evening. Next, making meatloaf and real mashed potatoes for dh for dinner. Then thawing hamburger to can taco meat tomorrow.

Mt. Rider!  Yikes!  Between us we have a full time show going!  LOL

Pulmonologist (on the phone this morning) says DH needs an event monitor for his heart, since his heart rate goes way down when he stands and walks. I'd never heard of this but am glad the doc was on the ball. Why couldn't they mention that he needed something for this at the clinic yesterday where they had to stand and hold him up yesterday

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

Mt. Rider!  Yikes!  Between us we have a full time show going!  LOL

No kidding!  Today, mine just became a three-ring circus. 

1- My dad in overnite ER/observation.   A gallon of fluids out of him with Lasiks (sp) thru the nite. 

2- My mom at home by herself...she'd doing fine and being careful.  No tripping over O2 tubing!

3- MACH 5 WIND snapped power lines and started a SMALL fire VERRRRY near our crispy log cabin...animals...stuff.... today.

UN BE Lievable! 

So we've heard it was contained really quick.  I watched vehicles at the intersection for 2 hrs...while on phone to various family members.  Fire staff lives a mile from here so they're certainly invested in all fires in this vicinity... :happy0203:   Hope to hear soon that it's gone from "contained" [which means they have a fire break circling it's entire perimeter.....fire breaks can be a little as scraped up dirt one foot wide] :unsure:  

......but we're waiting until they say it's OUT.  It means they have no more flame and/or sparks flying miles down wind [ us ] and they are making ALL of it soggy.  Haven't heard that yet.  Have told my folks that we're waiting for the all-clear.  Cuz otherwise --- an extremely urgent RIP N RUN could be called for us. 

I'm seeing fire folks leaving thru that same intersection.  I see the downhill spotters have left their position.  Hope to hear the all clear soon.  THEN we go to hospital and to see my mom.  :0327:  

....only ONE  of the many reasons I HATE WIND!!!!

MtRider  ....think we're ok.  Posted [many typos] earlier in Streams for prayer request for all this... 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm so sorry you and  Mr. Snapshotmiki are going through this tough time. Not having the answers can be scary too. Just a thought...did he have this before you moved? Could it be something in the house? Wasn't there an issue with standing/flooding water on the property? I pray they find the answers to help him soon!  :hug3:

We2, I asked her about running a credit report and if it would effect my rating and she said no because she was running a "soft" report whatever that is. They, Equifax, gave me the lowest rating and it was 813 so I'm not going to push it and cause any red flags to pop up.

Awwwww, that little puppy is ADORABLE Kappy!!! Welcome to your furever home Buddy. You are looking very cute yourself Ms. Kappydell.

Sheeeesh Mt. Rider, seems like between you guys and your parents, it's been tough catching a health break.  :pray:

We are getting some snow. It probably won't stick on the pavement but the grass is covered and it's back down to the 30's. I'm ready for summer. I want to fling the windows open and get this house shoveled out. I took my tax refund and got cash for it and have it set aside for some landscaping and paint and new curtains etc. That way I won't have to dip into my bank account and chance a credit alert on my 'permanent record':grinning-smiley-044:

Social Security called and of course I missed it again. She left a message though. They have me down as taking Medicaid instead of Medicare and wondered it that was correct. It isn't. So I left a message.  :buttercup:    98 more days.

5 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Just a thought...did he have this before you moved? Could it be something in the house? Wasn't there an issue with standing/flooding water on the property?

He got sick back in 2013 and has gotten a little worse as time goes on with different issues.  Some I figure are due to side effects from the meds they put him on.  I believe we did have some black mold the last year we lived in the trailer and I have mentioned it at each doctor's office but am completely ignored or their attention span is not so good.  Not sure which!  Tonight at my Sunday School get together 2 women said he needs a pacemaker and from his symptoms and their stories, I think that will happen.  Don't doctors go to school?

Mt. Rider, I hope you have gotten the all clear by now and are visiting with your mom!  That's scary!

• Sad 2

Medicaid is hospitalization, Medicare is doctor office & prescription coverage. However, they require supplemental coverage. 

Mt-Rider, hopefully the fire is out and your parents get well quickly. 

Hi Daylily. 

Miki, maybe it will be something simple for your DH.  

That’s a cute pup, Kappy. When we first moved in our home, we were infested with ticks. It was a constant battle. 10 years without a dog did the trick. Hopefully, you’ll be able to rid your pups of them. 

We2, sound like you are getting a lot done on your home. Messed up about the car wreck. 

Spent the day cleaning the car. Dog hair everywhere, then, vacuumed out the 2 boxes of baking soda I spread all over the interior a few days ago to try to get the perfume smell out. It still smells, but not as bad. Then, washed it, checked the fluids and filled it up. Checked the SHTF packs and tools. And packed, before making dinner-leftover baked chicken, chicken salad sandwiches. 

Time to get some sleep. 

• Like 2

Good heavens!  Looking at our state news, CO had tons of small and larger fires today.  As I mentioned, the WIND was quite extraordinary.   I'm reading that Denver airport closed due to high winds.  Another airport had a 3-alarm fire.  The eastern plains had numerous fires cuz it's wide open over there! 

In light of all that....ours was puny... less than 5 acre fire.  Is under control [for real this time] and folks are standing by to put out hot spots.  If WIND increases again in the morning, they'll be there.  :)  :amen: 

More over in my Streams thread...

You heading to TX again, Annarchy?  Watch for extreme weather.  Iffen we get MACH 5 WIND....it blows eastward and sets up the rest of you with "WEATHER".  :unsure: 

MtRider ....  :pray: for Mr. Miki!

• Like 1

Kappy, It seems you didn't see my guinea comment so I'm re-posting it here.

kapppydell,

We've had as many as 40 guineas at one time. They are not as smart at chickens. You have to train them to go in a house from a very young age.  Even than, every once in a while, they get a wild  hair and roost in the trees instead of going in the house. Great-horned Owls love them.  It's pretty much impossible to catch them  if they decide not to roost in their house. We never saw a tick while we had them and I wish we could have them now. We just can't afford to grow owl and coyote food.

Hi Anarchy!

Here, Medicare is what you get when you turn 65 and Medicaid is for low income  individuals of all ages.

For everyone!  ------->  :grouphug:

Yes Annarchy, lets hope it is something very simple they are overlooking for Mr. Miki.

Daylily, that's the way medi care & aid is set up here too. I didn't have a choice.

On the dog site I watch they have ruff-ly  (pun :008Laughing:) 30-40 dogs and 7-8 mini donkeys at any given time. Plus they are surrounded by woods and they have a big pond. Carlene said they haven't seen a tick since they got the guineas about three years ago. They do lose some to predators and fly aways though. Not the smartest birds on the roost but they do their job. They have chickens too.

Oh my OOTO, I think I'd need the sedation. Just thinking about the dentist makes me want 'Mr. Happy Nose."  Shudder.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good luck with the dentist, praying it’s something easy to fix/clean. Snow still, OOTO, wow. 

DH’s heart has been fixed with a med that stops the extremely fast beat he gets occasionally.   Makes me anxious when it gets up above 180 bpm. 

It was an uneventful trip to TX. The (new to us) car drove great. It has a hiccup in the cruse control, it only wanted to set at 80. Lol, most of the traffic was definitely going faster. Got to see one of the cars that whizzed past me, get pulled over. Oops. Traffic was ok until I hit rush hour traffic in the city. Then, someone explain to me, why people drive 10-15 mph under the limit in the fast lane, really?!!!  Please change lanes, please.  All the cars going into the right lane scares me when they zip past and attempt to get around them. I’ve seen 18 wheelers not see them and cause them to drive off the highway almost causing an accident. *Sigh*

Mom has our itenary tomorrow picking up 3 other Ladies for our CoC meeting. It’s going to be at the college culinary arts center. Yeah, no, I don’t really like chicken with cranberry sauce.  We shall see, sweet meats don’t do it for me. 

The smell in the car wasn’t as bad as it has been. After a few hundred miles I went noseblind, PTL. Maybe the Ladies won’t notice tomorrow. :whistling:

Our gardener friend went out of his way to make sure I had the sprinkler system for mom. We tipped him good for his efforts. He drove to his nursery and got the wholesale prices. Hopefully I won’t spray the whole neighborhood before I get them set properly. Lol, I did that in our yard and called him saying, “ HELP”. He got a good laugh out of it. 

Hi Daylily!  Nice to see you dropping in, hope all is well with you and yours. 

Hows it all going Mt_R?  Dad ok now?

Mom’s oven wouldn’t lite, so she’s got a call into the repair people. I don’t do anything that deals with gas. Sorry, I got blown across a room once, nope, scares me badly. Gimme electrical and I am good....  So, I used her toaster oven and made what she wanted to bake. Unfortunately, it did take an extra hour for dinner. :thumbs:

Well it is time to get some sleep, my window is open and I am hoping that it cools down overnight. 76* and perpetual hot flashes isn’t conducive. :knary:

Hoping everyone has a blessed evening. 

• Like 2

I hope to hear good health reports from everyone!  It is so hard to deal with health problems.

I did our taxes the last minute online.  We don't have to file taxes due to low income but since I am on Obamacare health insurance I have to file the healthcare form every year.  It's a pain but those are government rules.

This week is beautiful weather but I can't get much done.  I told DH only 2 tomato plants for the garden.  He can't count on his health anymore so no big gardens.

Yesterday I went out in my power chair and tried to water some bushes and plants.  I got stuck  in some damp ground and couldn't get out.  DH had to get in the tractor and pull me out with a chain!  I can hear  you snickering, but it was kinda funny! I am thankful he was able to get me out and we didn't have to get help from others.( Three or four days ago he was still to weak to have been able to help me.)

It's a new day, let's see what mischief I can get into today!

• Like 2

Annarchy, I'm scared to death of electric and gas!  No minor fixes for me!  

Yesterday, they put DH on an EKG and said his heart is fine, it's his lungs.  But they said it was his heart on Monday.  And lungs are what we have said all along so hopefully, in the near future, we will get somewhere.

Today, I am cleaning out the goat shed and hauling the old poop and hay up to the rose and blueberry garden.  Will be happy if I can get that accomplished today!  

• Like 1

Sheeee's Baaaaack. Social Security woman called again and I was in the shower. So I missed her again. 3 times in a row. Now she wants me to mail her my marriage license and my divorce decree. I left her a message saying I wasn't comfortable doing that because the license is in a book form and the divorce papers are about 30+ pages long. Also, I don't want them floating through the mail because they are originals and I don't want them lost.

Ya know, I showed proof of all of that 10 months ago when I went on Medicare and they made copies in the office. And when I went to sign up for S.S. I had them with me but they didn't want to see them.

I left a message telling her all of that and asked If I can just take them in to my S.S. office to see. I'm sure they already have copies anyway. Dang this is getting old. Now I know why they let you pre-register 3 months in advance. Your going to need that much time for them to figure it out.

And she never calls me back the same day. I have to wait until the next morning and I always miss the call.

I swear...if she insists that I mail the documents I'm going to scan/print out E V E R Y  page of that divorce decree and mail it. It will be worth the extra postage. Probably less in postage than in the gas going back to the S.S. office anyway. Pffft, I might even shuffle a few pages around.

My luck I'll go in the office and get that same Mr. (I can't believe you're too stupid to start payments now to get one extra check and lower your payments for the rest of your life instead of waiting for one month) Face again.

Tractor is dead and the grass is growing. Probably have the city on my back next week. Bring it.

• Haha 2

Spent the day satisfying my "spring fever"...LOL  Hubby worked in bathroom remodel and I set up my little green house rack and he cut me some nice plastic to put over the old, cracked plastic that was with it (we got it $5 because of that).  I carried all my clay pots etc., onto the front porch and started arranging them on their racks...except I put my aloe plants, and a couple of herbs that survived the upstairs winter into the green house.  When I unclipped the front a nice big rush of warm air swooped out at me.  It's on the west side of the wrap around porch so it only gets the afternoon sun.  I may try to get some potatoes in the ground tomorrow. Yesterday was supposed to be our last front date.  Told hubby...just think, when we're moved here we'll probably be even busier because he's still got his garage/barn to wire, insulate and set up his shop.  It will be good though because he'll be able to just step out the back door.  We're arranged most of our buildings to be within 100' walking distance.  Ya know when you're 67 and 71 ya just don't wanna trapse all over a country hill side to do chores! LOL

• Like 1

Wow....all you ladies have been busy!  So have I and I haven't even been home to read MrsS for couple days. 

Annarchy, I got blown backwards/singed eyebrows as a teen ....was lighting old-type oven where you turn on gas and hold match over the hole.  It didn't light and, forgetting to shut off gas, I got another match.  BROOOOOOOSH!  That'll learn ya, right quick!!!   AND.....wouldn't your dh's 180 BPM be REALLLLY awfully high?   I think mine only EVER beat that fast was ....when I lit that second match....  :busted:  

Momo....stuck power chair pulled out by tractor.  Oye, that's a visual  {As Cookiejar used to say.}  :lol:  But yessss, glad he was up to the job that day.

Still praying for MrMiki..... Direct the ways of those docs, God!  It really sounds like they NEED Your help so they can help MrM!!!  :pray:

Still praying for Jeepers and the trial of getting on the whole Social Security thing.  :lol:  I laughed out loud at the absurdity of missing yet a THIRD phone call.  Third time was not a charm, huh?  And now your lawn tractor too?  We remember when it was new...but now I suppose it isn't...  :sigh: 

WE2's already planting in MO.....and we're expecting SNOW :frozen:  tomorrow.  :shrug:  Springtime in the Rockies. 

OK....so DH brought my dad to ER...and he stayed that nite.  And the next..... and the next.   They are draining an awful lot of fluid off of him.  He also has Congestive Heart Failure...  :( They were watching his O2 and initially they hoped he wouldn't have a second 60' tube wrapping around the house with my mother's.  But today, yes he DID come home with his own O2 concentrater.   :sigh:  He'd asked me to go in ....uh, yesterday I think...to stay overnite with my mom.  He thot he'd be home after 2 nites, but they drained more fluid.  So DH went back to get me and dropped me off.  He'd been with my dad all day.

:balloons: SLUMBER PARTY!  :balloons:        Well, that's what my mom and I called it.  :lol:  We did some coloring.  [I worked on a complicated Thomas Kinkade coloring book with his pics side by side. ]  We watched multiple OLD episodes of Full House.  We ate TV dinners to save on energy expenditure.  She got to take a shower...with me as a safety back up.  Had ice cream with chocolate sauce.  LOL  Then we both slept pretty well.  Her Visiting Nurse came this morning, so I was able to meet her.  She seems very good...and very pleasant personality.  A nice fit.  And by next visit, she'll check my dad too.  They're watching so neither of them begins to retain fluids again.  Plus just general stuff cuz they're 'ancient'.  [we've all decided they're past merely "old"

DH was at home last nite and did chores PM and this morning.  He had to work today but first he had to go get my dad home from hospital with another concentrater  [I call them R2D2 units.....nearly that size and make odd noises].  THAT reallly is NOT fun ...trying to get him coordinated with the tubing draping everywhere.....HIS AND HERS!  He was so tired, everything took 8X as long while he tried to compute.  He's hoping to purchase 2 portable O2 concentraters and not use the tubing from R2D2s except at nite.  Someone's gonna turn wrong or step wrong and fall.  :unsure:  DH dropped him off with his new machine/tubes...and ran to get his new 'scripts filled....and ordered delivery of sandwiches for lunch for 4 of us.  Just trying to handle it all...  Then he went to work! 

So the latter half of today, I was still with my folks.  ALL new procedures with him learning what my mom learned last week.  I yelled STOP several times today when one or the other was about to yank the cord out of their own nose...or the other's nose.  They'll get it but ....  My mom and I made a rather not-tasty pizza for supper.  We had a grocery list for DH to bring from his store after work.  Get them stocked up until my dad can figure out how he can drive and deal with his own O2 at the same time.  He slept sitting up on the couch while waiting for DH to get off work, deliver their groceries and take me home.  Actually, he kept falling asleep while he tried to eat.  "Wake up, you're going to choke on your food!"   He stayed awake to eat the ice cream/chocolate sauce I made him tho.  I just kept doing the odd things that took me a half a minute and would have taken either of them a lot more while doing the tube dance. 

......Now, they solo without their coach.  :pray:

Snow coming....will my dad run the tubing out the back door to shovel it off their deck?  PROBABLY! 

I am SERIOUSLY depleted in energy.  I won't be physically able to go back for several days now....especially since I'll be knocking snow off the Circus Tent tarp...again.  ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN WILDFIRE!  :amen:

MtRider  .....can we be done now?  :rolleyes:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Wow, Mt. Rider!

Did he pull you forward or backward with the tractor, Momo?  The mental image has to be accurate!

My gas stove won't light either.  I've only used the match-light ones, so I don't know what to do with this.