MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

:0327:   .......it's done.   Another horse trailer load of hay is loaded, driven home, unloaded and stacked inside hay shed.  Trailer is parked and reloaded with stuff that lives there.  But the leg thingie that the trailer comes down on in the front is waaaay crooked this time.  Ooops.  The ball hitch {just barely} caught the trailer hitch as DH pulled van forward.  Uneven ground makes that tricky when you unhitch.  So now.....DH may bring down a jack and 'fix it'.  The wood block that the trailer leg sits on is just really at an awkward angle.  If it slips, the trailer front will pitch forward.  Nothing drastic but much harder to fix than catching it before that might happen.  :buttercup: 

We have to use sleds to drag each bale over to the hay shed from driveway.  And stack.  And clean out trailer....and keep using battery charger to charge up van's battery cuz no alternator....  It's just a lot of little things that make getting hay so long and exhausting.   NICE day tho.  Sunny.  Warm-ish.  Lets say that there is still ice on the pond but I was in Tshirt.....while moving.  Jacket when I stopped.  NICE day!

MtRider  ..... :offtobed:    .....  I wish!

• Like 1

:faint3:Wow.

Today's big accomplishment was up-potting a dozen start-over trees/bushes/vinees to gallon-sized pots so I can baby them for a year.  Yes, I am pretty much starting over from scratch--or very near to scratch.  But it's a lovely scratch.  After up-potting those, went to Esposito's (which is now an Ace franchise) for another dozen pots.  Normally I don't pay for pots, but these are superior quality and only 60 cents apiece, and they're uniform.  When I finish with them all, if I remember, I'll post a photo. 

Trying to root a Violette de Bordeaux fig cutting.  Up-potted two other dwarf figs: Texas Everbearing and Little Ruby.  The VdB twig is way bigger than the other plants, one of which is a whole two inches tall. 

Other stuff:
Dwarf Everbearing mulberry (turns out I ordered two of these--poor me :) --one finger-high rooted cutting and one waist-high actual plant)

Ouachita thornless blackberry 

Triple Crown thornless blackberry

Dwarf Cavendish banana

Double Mahoi banana (previously up-potted, and severely frost-damaged.  It might survive.)

Wonderful pomegranate

Higgins scuppernong

Louise Philippe rose
Manzanillo olive
Arbequina olive 

Black Coral taro 

cranberry hibiscus (false roselle)

And yeah, there's even more. I went a little crazy ordering. 

Most of these, if they survive, will hit full production by the time I retire.

• Like 4

Kappy...my Mom had a female min-pin...the color they call 'red stag' with big brown eyes and looong legs (from your post).  Meaner than a junk yard dog if you got to near her.  When mother (when she was alive) went to hospital we were care takers.  Hubby opened her crate to let her out (she couldn't be left unattended or she'd really do a job on the house and carpet) and she attacked him...and you wouldn't believe how she chewed up his hands as he tried to "get loose from her mouth".  When mom passed my sister took her (they live in the country and do a lot of rescues) because there was no way we were taking her into our home.  She even bit me once.  We couldn't take hubby to the doctor or ER because our city says ALL dog bites must be reported to animal control and law enforcement and they would have empounded her until she passed their "vicious dog" criteria and even still would have paid a fee to get her back...so he suffered with me bandaging his sliced up hands with butterfly bandages, gauze etc.  

22 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Annarchy said -------->  "Dee-Oh-Geez "  :24:

I thought I was the only one who spelled in front of the d-o-g. T-R-E-A-T  and  V-E-T  and  O-U-T being my most used.

We have to spell things too :24:.  When we holler "where's my dog" here she comes, good recall :cele: We can't say "she" or "her" or "feed" or "eat" or "out" and lots of other things she's learned to recognize.  Wonder why she has such a hard time with "heel" "sit" and "stay" :24:  Maybe if we start spelling them? :24:

Edited by The WE2's
  • Haha 2

Took the day off yesterday to just "get out of dodge" since the weather was nice.  Drove to several campgrounds to see how some of our favorite ones faired for the winter.  All of them looked good except one.  It flooded and has a boil order until further notice.  Today we picked up some bargains from an advertiser and then pittled at the homestead house.  Painted the mailbox black (it had been pained the same color as the house trim and couldn't be seen very well) and put on new black numbers with a white background...very easy to see now!  No more "undeliverable" notices from insurance company etc.  Played some "greeny ball" with our Abby-girl.  Vet says no more frisbee because she jumps too high to catch them in the air.  But she's got the knack now of fetching and retrieving her favorite "greeny ball"...:cele: She has one we keep in the house and we roll it across the floor from livingroom to kitchen for her chase and she has always loved it, so it was an EZ switch for her.  Six years old...can't believe how fast time can go by. 

• Like 1

Pretty weather but can't play...hubby worked on bath remodel.  Seems so slow :-(  I just did laundry :clothesline: and watched funeral of police officer that was killed last week (?) in Clinton, Missouri.  So sad.  When will all this madness cease? 

• Sad 2

I wormed the goats today.  They both weigh right at 34 pounds at a year old.  Not sure if they will get much bigger or not.  Listed 3 pairs of jeans on eBay and two of them sold today.  Unusual, but good!  

Going to make cloud bread tomorrow and do laundry.  Tomorrow afternoon is game day at the Church.  

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:34 PM, The WE2's said:

Kappy...my Mom had a female min-pin...the color they call 'red stag' with big brown eyes and looong legs (from your post).  Meaner than a junk yard dog if you got to near her.  When mother (when she was alive) went to hospital we were care takers.  Hubby opened her crate to let her out (she couldn't be left unattended or she'd really do a job on the house and carpet) and she attacked him...and you wouldn't believe how she chewed up his hands as he tried to "get loose from her mouth".  When mom passed my sister took her (they live in the country and do a lot of rescues) because there was no way we were taking her into our home.  She even bit me once.  We couldn't take hubby to the doctor or ER because our city says ALL dog bites must be reported to animal control and law enforcement and they would have empounded her until she passed their "vicious dog" criteria and even still would have paid a fee to get her back...so he suffered with me bandaging his sliced up hands with butterfly bandages, gauze etc.  

Oh my!  Duke is a little clingy,  but has showed little tendency to bite.  He has stopped trying to hump every other critter in the house though;  we just kept telling him 'no' and stopping him.  He is enjoying being part of the ''pack'.  When one dog barks, he is eager to go 'back him up' and bark at whatever the first one barked at.  The only thing we are working on now is getting him and Jack (the full size aussie) to accept each other more.  There is a little growling, and a little snarling, but we intercede quickly, and the incidents are diminishing.  He gets along well with the other dogs.  Duke seems to love the kitties, as they are his size, and he allows them to curl up next to him for napping.  But we are monitoring him closely, until the regression to 'baby' behavior due to his being re-homed dies down a bit.  He seems to prefer me over Mary, but has shown no aggressive moves toward her at all.  So we shall see....I have heard from several people that Min-Pins can become aggressive biters so we are watching for that.  Meanwhile, when strangers are around, he gets to 'kennel - up' along with the bigger dogs.  We are hoping he will see it as normal behavior in his new pack.  So far so good.

Our raised bed gardens are shaping up nicely.  Frames are up (6 x 36 foot beds) and we are getting the dirt tomorrow.  Mary was going to wheelbarrow it, but found her back won't let her do that kind of heavy work any more.  So we will pay a local landscaper to bring his bob-cat over to put the mountain of topsoil-compost mix into the beds. we figured 432 cubic feet of soil, and that is a lot to move by hand!  We are re-discovering (ruefully) that we are not in our 40s anymore....

We put in three grape vines, three blueberry bushes, and have some other things to put in once I get some gypsum to help loosen up this clay, and some more compost to work into it to loosen things up.  So far we are using new topsoil in our planting holes, hoping to give the plants an easier start.  We shall see how well it works, I guess.  The hardest part is finding dwarf fruit trees hardy to zone 9 or 10.  We are 8A here, and I want at least one zone of 'buffer' to allow for climate challenges.  I used to look for zone 3 plants when I lived in zone 5, and it served me well; here I thing heat will be more of an issue, so I am looking for plants that tolerate zone 6-10, ideally. The search continues, but so far I have found raspberries (thornless), peaches pears, plums (domestic and wild), elderberries (to pollinate with the one I brought with me) and apples, but so far the apples are all 'out of stock' until autumn.  I may have to wait to plant those.  

We are also taking time to observe and map our the sunlight patterns through the day.  So far our garden placement is bang-on with ample sun, and light shade during the scorching late afternoons.  But we are trying to map out sunlight patterns for the other things we will be putting in separately.  So we are  busy.  Happy spring!  At least untl the weather changes.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kappydell said:

Our raised bed gardens are shaping up nicely.  Frames are up (6 x 36 foot beds) and we are getting the dirt tomorrow.  Mary was going to wheelbarrow it, but found her back won't let her do that kind of heavy work any more.  So we will pay a local landscaper to bring his bob-cat over to put the mountain of topsoil-compost mix into the beds. we figured 432 cubic feet of soil, and that is a lot to move by hand!  We are re-discovering (ruefully) that we are not in our 40s anymore..

Sounds like you're having fun, Kappy!  DH and I (ruefully) decided to reduce our garden bads to 4' wide instead of 6'.  We could reach 2' across a whole lot easier than 3' across.  :buttercup:

We're still having fairly warm weather ....for here.  :unsure:  But haven't let our guard down for those tremendous spring blizzards.  :frozen:  None in sight yet.  RAIN would be soooooooo nice!  It's so dry and dust is once again filling the valley.  Choke Choke   I'm prone to bronchial problems and about once every decade or so, I get bronchitis.  I've got it.  But I can't figure out if it's merely a reaction to the DUST BOWL I live in......or if I have bacteria/virus and I'm contagious. 

Today is my dad's Bday.....and we all decided since both he and my mom are too fragile [tired/worn out from his recent....ongoing...medical issues] to chance CATCHING a 'bug' from me.  So we've postponed any celebration.  Sheeesh, when you're that old....ya don't wanna be postponing things tooo long.  :grinning-smiley-044:

We so seldom get actually microbe-sick cuz of the herbal/nutritional stuff.  But while this episode has not turned into the dreaded bronchial pneumonia....I'm not getting rid of it either.  DH added one more formula a couple days ago....we'll see.  :shrug:   He got out his stethoscope yesterday:  Lungs clear.  Bronchial rattles.  Yep, that's what it felt like to me.  Mornings are dreadful but later I feel ok. 

MtRider  ....DH delivered flowers :bouquet:  favorite candy, and a card to my dad this morning...  :bdaycake:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

Ugh Mt Rider!  Bronchitis takes forever to go away.  

I'm still waiting for my APAP to be delivered - Doc ordered it 2 weeks ago. My sleep test showed the CPAP I have is not getting the job done when I go into deep REM sleep - I stop breathing, and partially wake up.  As a result, I get sleep, but not deep REM sleep.  No wonder I am getting so crabby and forgetful! I have an appointment with her next week to calibrate & set up the new unit, so it had better get here soon!

Meanwhile, I ponder just what it is about liver that I always end up wearing it?  This time, I saw that the package had come open and when I picked up the package to finish opening it, the package opened (the bottom) and plop!  The entire pound of liver landed in my lap. (Fortunately I was sitting down at the time.)  Hysterical laughter followed, then commands to all the critters who hang around the kitchen for handouts to 'GET BACK!" because they were looking like they were planning on jumping up in my lap to get at the liver!  I managed to wrestle it into the plate I had ready for dredging it in flour (making a bigger mess, naturally) before any of the dogs or cats decided it was worth disobeying Mom to get some!  Its not like I don't share.....

This is not the first time a liver package has burst on me....it happens EVERY time, this one was just the worst so far.  I'm beginning to wonder if I should not just cut to the chase and rub some on my body before I try to cook it.  It would be a controlled mess, but so much easier to clan up!  (I'm sure the pets would volunteer to help.)

I just have to laugh....or I'll explode!

:cheeky-smiley-067:         

• Haha 5

Hope you feel better soon MtR. 

My goodness Kappydell. I’ll bet your pets were highly upset when you didn’t give it to them. :grinning-smiley-044:

Mil & I got up early for the CoC meeting. By the time we got to the meeting, the wind was blowing hard. The news said 55 mph. The city looked like it was covered in fog, but it was dust.   :yuk:

We did a little supply shopping then went to dinner at Golden Corral, her favorite place. 

Tomorrow, I need to take the car in for a check up. It stalled on me twice after I gassed up in Lordsburg, NM. I just want to make sure that it isn’t going to leave me stranded on the trip back home. 

Last month’s trip home was terribly nerve racking. Around Texas Canyon, it started to shake, getting worse by the mile. I pulled off the highway and checked the tires, but everything seemed to be fine. By the time I got home, the shake was real bad. I took it in and they told me the radial belts had detached inside the tires. The new tires are working great, I just don’t need it stalling on me. :sigh:

Time to get some sleep. Tomorrow I have a long ToDo list.... including changing the clocks. I’ve been off an hour all day, and mom has been teasing me. Lol

I was out running errands and shopping ALL day. I went the farthest away and worked my way back home. Didn't get a lot but went to a lot of different places. I'm so tired tonight.

As soon as I walked in Wal-Mart my left knee and my right hip went out. Pain. I turned around and walked out before I fell. I noticed my gait is really off too. Kind of walking side to side and a little bent forward. I suppose I need to start paying attention to my posture now.

I got some omega 3-6-9 pills at Sam's Club. I opened them tonight and Lawsy....they are bigger than horse pills. I don't know how I'll ever get them down. And they are liquid so I can't cut them. I should have gotten a bottle of 3 and 6 and 9 to take separately. Who knew. Those brown/green bottles aren't only for keeping the sun out. Also you can't see what you are getting. They need to put an "actual size" picture on those bottles.

I finally got my taxes done today. Not much has changed since last year. I did just a little better than break even so that was a relief. I mentioned something about being on Social Security next year. She said something about paying taxes on it. I told her you don't have to pay taxes on S.S. in Ohio. She said she knows but the federal government can depending on your income. I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about that but...dang.  Don't they ever stop. Is there never enough for them.  Pfffft.

I was putting groceries in the Jeep and noticed a bag in the back. It contained a Valentine's Day card for my grandson. Probably should have mailed that last month. Speaking of the Jeep...I love that vehicle but getting up in it was starting to be an issue today.  <_<

It's cold and snowing here so it's just me and the heating pad again tonight. :offtobed:

On 3/9/2018 at 11:08 AM, out_of_the_ordinary said:

I see there are 2 more books that are anniversary ones.   Are those worthwhile as well?

Not in my opinion.  If you wish to review any FoxFire,  visit the link in the signature, limited use  copies.  Make sure you grab the ATOC (master table of contents)

Sarah

Wow Annarchy, I've never heard of the radials detaching inside the tire.  That would make a terrible wobble -  I wonder how that happened?  The radial belts are supposed to stay put, to keep the tire from exploding & subsequent los of control when it goes flat.  It still goes flat, mind you, just more slowly, so as to make steering possible.  That, and I always liked the nylon radial belts over the metal ones, since cutting thru nylon ones makes recycling that tire easier (tires make really cool sandals, comfy and long lasting.  

Jeepers, isn't it odd how the knee-hip things works on the diagonal?  left knee, right hip and vice versa.  It seems this year is so much worse for those of us with orthopedic issues.  I've felt your pain, sister....many times....one of the reasons I take my cane wherever I go away from home.  The 'retail walkers' (leaning on the shopping cart) can help, but sometimes if the cart height is wrong it makes my shoulders sore too.  Like today.  Needless to say, it was a hot tub night (best money M & I ever spent)!

Today we finished (or rather supervised the finishing of) the raised beds.  Mary was struggling to do it alone, I got tired of feeling useless (and worse yet being useless when I tried to help) so we bit the bullet and spent $250 to have a local man come by with a bobcat and load our dirt into the beds.  Best money we ever spent!  H was impressed with our big beds (6 ft x 36 feet x 12 inches deep).  Still small enough to fence easily as needed to keep deer away, but big enough to have some room for a few vining crops (like sweet potatoes, a favorite down here).

My gypsum and soil testing kit also came via FedEx so we can now begin working on loosening our clay up.  Probably going to have to order more gypsum, but for now we got some to put in planting holes, topped with a soil-mulch mixture to plant our trees, shrubs, and the like.  We can always top dress with more as needed.  And I like the test kit, not just for testing our soil but our compost so we can tweak our ingredients as needed.  Things are starting to shape up!

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, kappydell said:

Wow Annarchy, I've never heard of the radials detaching inside the tire.  That would make a terrible wobble -  I wonder how that happened?  The radial belts are supposed to stay put, to keep the tire from exploding & subsequent los of control when it goes flat.  It still goes flat, mind you, just more slowly, so as to make steering possible.  That, and I always liked the nylon radial belts over the metal ones, since cutting thru nylon ones makes recycling that tire easier (tires make really cool sandals, comfy and long lasting.  

Jeepers, isn't it odd how the knee-hip things works on the diagonal?  left knee, right hip and vice versa.  It seems this year is so much worse for those of us with orthopedic issues.  I've felt your pain, sister....many times....one of the reasons I take my cane wherever I go away from home.  The 'retail walkers' (leaning on the shopping cart) can help, but sometimes if the cart height is wrong it makes my shoulders sore too.  Like today.  Needless to say, it was a hot tub night (best money M & I ever spent)!

Today we finished (or rather supervised the finishing of) the raised beds.  Mary was struggling to do it alone, I got tired of feeling useless (and worse yet being useless when I tried to help) so we bit the bullet and spent $250 to have a local man come by with a bobcat and load our dirt into the beds.  Best money we ever spent!  H was impressed with our big beds (6 ft x 36 feet x 12 inches deep).  Still small enough to fence easily as needed to keep deer away, but big enough to have some room for a few vining crops (like sweet potatoes, a favorite down here).

My gypsum and soil testing kit also came via FedEx so we can now begin working on loosening our clay up.  Probably going to have to order more gypsum, but for now we got some to put in planting holes, topped with a soil-mulch mixture to plant our trees, shrubs, and the like.  We can always top dress with more as needed.  And I like the test kit, not just for testing our soil but our compost so we can tweak our ingredients as needed.  Things are starting to shape up!

Age, overloading, under-inflating will shorten a tire life as evident by cord failure (from my hubby the former race car driver). We've had it happen before. One time was just before our tires were recalled from Firestone (Wilderness Explorers). We called them Wilderness Exploders as we had a sidewall explode on one while I was driving high speed.  :whistling:   Steel belts are much stronger and don't end up with a flat spot if left sitting too long.  :happy0203:

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, kappydell said:

retail walkers' (leaning on the shopping cart)

:008Laughing:  I love it!  Been using them for nearly 3 decades now!!!!  Being short, I understand the height thing.  But be VERY careful using the small [pick up a few items] carts.  They are really too light-weight to be stable iffen ya gonna LEAN upon them.   {ask me how I know}  Kinda zip out from under you.  :shopping: 

Well....today was SUPPOSED to be the first day I've been somewhere in weeks...  Fighting bronchitis and [getting better] decided I'm probably not contagious at this point.  Supposed to pick up Take-Out from our favorite diner [liver/onions] and go visit my folks today.  :gaah:  Didn't happen. 

I got up and have been very non-functional for quite a while each morning.  Sooooo....I'm normally not as functional as I'd like ---- I adapt and do things anyway.  But....this is really non-functional.  As in:  don't climb up on the couch to open the insulation/curtains to let the sunshine in....cuz the landing zone coming back off the couch is minimal.  :yar:  MISSED the landing zone. 

Caught my foot on the footstool I placed near the couch....to keep dog back away a bit from my sick cat.  She'd set up on the pillow on that end of the couch and I've been feeding her there.  Not that the footstool [inverted milk crate with flat pillow] is much of a deterrent but just keeps Koa back a bit.  It's been there a MONTH and this morning I didn't come down with my foot quite far enough. 

Began to fall backwards.....another step landed my foot on the base of my quad cane [which I use on such mornings as these....].  It felll over and I followed....   I made a grab for a set of drawer  [plastic, heavily-filled but ..on wheels].  So they probably slowed me but I still came down in the foot and a half space between the fireplace brick and the chair in front of that.  On L side.  YEP  :amen:   I HIT THE OTHER narrow LANDING ZONE!  Did NOT hit self upon bricks!  :amen: 

Sheesh.  Then I was stuck. 

Fortunately DH came in within a few minutes and was startled to find me down.  He says:  Oh, your cane broke...thinking that was the cause of the problem.  Ah, no.  The cane [yes is WAS snapped in half cuz I landed on it! ] was a casualty...not the cause.  :(   Gonna need a new one of those! 

I had taken a small gouge out of my shin.... but it was bandaid size.  No idea how that happened in the cascade of events.  :scratchhead:  

Other than that....    MS-disturbed nervous system completely unspooled!   :imoksmiley: And a few aches and owies that an adjustment from my in-house chiro helped.   I've been resting....talking on phone....reading. 

NOT going to have lunch with my folks.  :(   Mebbe next week? 

In other news:   ....please pray that our county does NOT have any cases for a jury....cuz DH postponed jury-duty back in Nov. so he could drive me to get the face basal cell surgery at that time.  Now is not good either cuz my dad has another medical appt. and they either take taxi or DH drives them.  :o  It's a LONG way to the city AND they need DH's support! 

MtRider  .....just trying to put one foot in front of the other....mostly...  :buttercup: 

38 minutes ago, Homesteader said:

We called them Wilderness Exploders as we had a sidewall explode on one while I was driving high speed.  :whistling: 

:o  Sheeeeeesh, Homesteader.  HOW did you managed to survive that???

Ah.........:amen:   ....right?

MtRider  ...whew, that's one experience not yet in my weird history....tho I was with DH when a rear wheel CAME OFF the truck...at LOW SPEED.  :amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider
confusing typo...again
21 hours ago, kappydell said:

That's what they tried to tell me was wrong with my tires, when all that happened was we knocked the weight off when we hit a pot hole, and the guy fixing it didn't clean it enough for the new one to re-adhere, so 300 miles down the road, the wobble came back.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:47 PM, Jeepers said:

I got some omega 3-6-9 pills at Sam's Club. I opened them tonight and Lawsy....they are bigger than horse pills. I don't know how I'll ever get them down. And they are liquid so I can't cut them. I should have gotten a bottle of 3 and 6 and 9 to take separately. Who knew. Those brown/green bottles aren't only for keeping the sun out. Also you can't see what you are getting. They need to put an "actual size" picture on those bottles.

I buy the lemon-flavored fish oil from Carlson (or from a professional supplement line I have access to).  It doesn't taste fishy at all, and if you put it in a smoothie, it gives it a lovely lemony boost.

• Like 1

I lean on the "retail walkers"  :lol: really bad too. I'm short enough (5'2") that I just sort of drape across the handle bar thingy. I've also become a "wall walker" in the house. Touching the wall as I walk down the halls. Sigh. I probably need to get address my balance issues. Maybe beginners yoga. Tai Chi looks interesting too. Suppose I need to check out the library's stash of DVD's. or maybe Amazon has an app for that?

I saw a couple of older (my age :rolleyes:) people when I was in rehab and they were having them stand in front of the mirror and holding onto a bar and lifting each leg and trying to hold it up without wobbling around. Then they were supposed to let go of the bar. Then they had them close their eyes and try it. It sounds more dangerous than it was. That would be easy enough to do at home even without a mirror.

I hate falling down. I always do it in slow motion so I know what's coming but I can't stop it.

• Like 1
On 3/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, Annarchy said:

Last month’s trip home was terribly nerve racking. Around Texas Canyon, it started to shake, getting worse by the mile. I pulled off the highway and checked the tires, but everything seemed to be fine. By the time I got home, the shake was real bad. I took it in and they told me the radial belts had detached inside the tires. The new tires are working great, I just don’t need it stalling on me. :sigh:

If you ever end up stranded near Midland and need a ride, give me a holler (and by Midland, I mean a couple hours either direction - I'm generally up for a bit of a drive and can arrange to have the kids go hang with the grandparents).

On 3/15/2018 at 10:47 PM, Jeepers said:

I As soon as I walked in Wal-Mart my left knee and my right hip went out. Pain. I turned around and walked out before I fell. I noticed my gait is really off too. Kind of walking side to side and a little bent forward. I suppose I need to start paying attention to my posture now.

I wonder what makes them do that.  I'm hypermobile and have literally stood up out of bed and had my knee decide it was going to go the wrong direction that day.  I saw a massage therapist earlier this week who told me that my normal standing position is with my knees hyper-extended...inward.

21 hours ago, kappydell said:

I used to work at Target right after I hit my knee good skiing.  The carts there were the right height for me so I could just grab on and keep my left leg straight the entire time I was walking.

Another fault I have is I walk too fast. My body has slowed down but my mind hasn't.  Well...that isn't a true statement. Sheeesh.  Everything has slowed down, just not at the same rate. My grandma walked fast too. We'd ask her where the fire was. Not quite so funny anymore.  <_<

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer TheCG, but EL Paso is a lot out of your way.  MIL is at the base of the point of the Franklin Mtns. And only about 20 miles from NM. Someday I would like to meet up with you for lunch, tea or coffee. 

I overslept this morning and started the yard work later than I wanted. Pulled weeds, trimmed hedges and began slow watering the raised flower bed. Went out to move the water and saw a squirrel on the fence above the area that was being watered. I thought it was probably just getting a drink. I moved the water and went back in the house. When I went back out, I noticed the water hadn’t reached the area I was trying to get. As I got closer, I discovered why. A 3 foot deep hole had opened up. Turned out to be about 3-4 feet wide.  I had to fill it in. Hope there weren’t any other squirrels in there. I bet I looked funny, wearing a dress with a shovel in my hand. :blink:

Got it done and mom & I spent the end of the day watching Live PD. 

Tomorrow I go home. Strange, this trip has flown by. It seems like I’ve only been here a day or two, and I wasn’t able to accomplish everything I wanted to.  Awwwell, that’s life. 

My optimism this morning was premature.....  By falling on my left side, it snapped my head/neck downward-toward left.  Unfortunately, that's the old karate injury.  Drat!!!  Haven't had much trouble with it since DH started chiropractic training.  Had repeated incidents with it before that.  Much later tonite, neck began to hurt and a massive headache followed.  Dizzy.  Nausea from the pain.  AND .....even tho I only take ONE ....maybe two Nuprin in a day......now I'm taking max. Nuprin alternating with max. Tylenol.  I've NEVER had to do that.  Nausea might be from that too.  :(   Normally I canNOT lay down or even sit when I have my headaches.  But I can't stand and walk around.  Too weak for that.  So using my hospital bed in multiple positions, trying to stay as comfortable as I can.  OW!

Would appreciate prayers this nite.....

MtRider 

• Sad 5