MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello....me again

Hello, ladies~

It has been ages since I was last on here. Hope to be around here more.

Since last here, I have aged. ;) Lol! I have a big birthday next Monday. I'll be 50. To usher in this " event", I got my hair cut. It was to my middle back and now it's above my shoulders and I have bangs back, too! Still deciding if I want to keep the grey or color it.

I became a Grammie, too. Hubby is Paw-Paw. Little boy, almost 2 and little girl, almost 2 months. Samuel and Nora. They live in NB, Canada and we live in WV. So, we haven't gotten to hold the littlest yet. Darn closed border. Hopefully, by next Spring, it will be open. We mailed out a baby gift and it was almost $22 to ship in a padded envelope! Money is nice but I would like to give them more personal things.

We have 5 kids. Only 2 left to homeschool. 12 yo son and 7yo daughter. We are trying the Charlotte Mason method this year, if you are familiar with that. It is a gentler way of learning and I am really looking forward to it. I plan to do teatime read alouds with the kids, too. They like " tea".

We wanted to get some apple trees to plant this past spring but it never seemed to want to warm up. So, this Fall we are going to try. Next spring,  I would like to try to put out a small garden patch. I wanted my dh to build me a container gardening structure, but that was a no- go due to lumber prices. He is going to build a firepit but not sure when.The weather has been pleasant this Summer. A lot of rain though, which is discouraging  to my dh, who would like to ride his motorcycle to work. We recently got a new SUV. We decided to go down to one vehicle since I don't drive anymore. Vehicle insurance bill dropped, too. So, that is nice. Saves about $60 per month.

Well, I need to get to bed now. I hope to catch up with you all!

Goodnight!

~Tina

• Like 8

Welcome back blessed homemaker.  Congratulations on the new grandchild. I know you can't wait to be able to see both the children. My youngest grandchild is almost 20 years old. Still waiting for great grandchildren. They are so slow at having kids. What can I say.

• Like 1

Welcome back!!

Have you read Karen Andreola's purple book on Charlotte Mason?  (It's actually called A Charlotte Mason Companion.  Had to look it up.)   It's good!!  Reading that book and a few of Ruth Beechick's books helped me to see homeschooling wouldn't be overwhelming.    We're not CM on everything, but on some things.   Haven't done tea time, but we always have a family read aloud going, read good "real books" (not twaddle!)  and nature study.

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary
  • Like 1

Welcome back Tina. Good to see you again.  We have LOTS of grands and greats.  They are ALL wonderful.  Some of them we haven’t seen either but we keep in touch via a family newsletter that I send out.  I always include a kids activity page in it to keep the young ones connected to the family too. 

:bighug2:

4 hours ago, out_of_the_ordinary said:

Welcome back!!

Have you read Karen Andreola's purple book on Charlotte Mason?  (It's actually called A Charlotte Mason Companion.  Had to look it up.)   It's good!!  Reading that book and a few of Ruth Beechick's books helped me to see homeschooling wouldn't be overwhelming.    We're not CM on everything, but on some things.   Haven't done tea time, but we always have a family read aloud going, read good "real books" (not twaddle!)  and nature study.

Yes, I actually own that book but haven't read it all the way through yet. What I have read is interesting. 

Oh, okay. That's an old blog. I don't know my sign in info for it anymore. I can't pull it up all the time either. It won't  show up with my tablet but it shows up on my phone. I don't understand why. Maybe try a different device?