MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Roll Call!

Alrighty just saying hello, how ya been, anything interesting going on in your life? Please stop by the porch and have a nice cup of tea (still too chilly here for lemonade) and check in! I've got a big batch of Cranberry scones in the oven if you'd like one! :gathering:

• Like 6

Not too much changes around here.  Our lives are pretty much settled, except that DH has a procedure this afternoon.  Needs a MOHS treatment to take care of cancer on his face.  He is nervous, but they work wonders these days.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

:wave: Everyone!  I’ve got some banana oatmeal cookies I’ll share.  

I’m definitely in for a cup of tea and a chat.  It’s chilly today so that tea will hit the spot.  We had snow the other day but DH is getting the lawn mower ready so spring must be here. The pear trees are blooming beautifully and the apple tree will soon be.   Our rivers and tributaries are all flooding but we are far enough away not to get water.  Could close a few roads but we have no where to go any time soon.  Yep,  it’s spring time in northern Illinois. 

• Like 5

Virginia, my DH is getting the same MOHS treatment in about a week.  :pray:  for both of our hubbies!  I'm with your dh - nervous!  :pray:  

Trees blossoming, Mother.......  :frozen:  We're still scheduled for snow.  And cold.  Spring flooding in IA - IL ....I remember.  Sandbagging around buildings and at the levee on IA side.  Get out of high school to do that.  Concession building down there had High Water marks painted on one side.  

MtRider  ......ooooh, did you say cranberry SCONES?   :yum3: 

• Like 5

I’ll have a glass of lemonade…. It hit 90°+ today.  :knary:  I haven’t adjusted..yet…. Lol. Got a bit sun burnt…forgot my sunscreen…lol.

All I have to offer are some French dips….  BBQ leftovers..  :buttercup:

• Like 3

With everyone's treats we can have an early picnic :wub: BBQ, lemonade, scones and banana oatmeal cookies! 

Virginia and Mt Rider sending prayers! My mom had Mohs a few years back and did really well with it. Good luck to your DH's!

It's been lovely here and I'm getting excited about spring. Flowers are blooming, birds are hatching babies, and I think last night was the last frost ( a week after the official last frost date so I'm making notes in my garden journal). I bought 3 climbing roses to plant so hoping to get them in just the right spot this week.

• Like 5

:pray: for both DH's for VA and Mt. Rider.  

All the food sounds good.   I made lemon turnovers to share.  

We went back to being cold again. Low high 40's to low 50's at night and in mid 50's to mid 60's during the day. Getting warm enough to get back outside again to work the garden.  Hoping now we won't have another freeze but thinking we had the last one already.  So still hot tea to go with our goodies. To cold yet for lemonade. I can cook up a nice batch of fried chicken to go with that BBQ

• Like 5