MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello Everyone, I finally made it over.

Broadsword

Hello,

I'm Broadsword. Some of you already know me. My wife Dijon and I organize the Mountain House group buys on Warrifles. Thanks to Misty for keeping after me to get my butt over here. Not only have I been keeping myself busy getting group buys set up I have to be honest and tell you all that I was a little worried about being on a board where most of the members are ladies. I'm still not sure how well I'll fit in. Well I guess a little about me would be good right now.

Let's see.

Been into preparedness for about twenty years. My mom bought me an American Survival Guide magazine one day (not sure what it was called back then) and the rest as they say is history.

I'm ex-Army 11B/C2. My family is originaly from the hills of KY. Not sure exactly where, we just called it "Down Home" but I was born in Cincinnati OH. I currently live in Colorado up in the mountains at about 10,000 ft. on five acres with my wife Dijon and our three little ones ages 11, 10 and 10. Two boys and a girl. This is thier last year in public school. They'll be home schoolong via internet starting next school season. We also have just a few dogs, all rescued from the local animal shelter. Brother and sister German shephards Neo and Trinity live outside and keep and eye on things for us and another German Shephard lives inside with us. She was abused as a pup and was in real bad shape. Malnurished, underdeveloped, splayed paws and an amputation of her right hind leg. She's a sweetheart though. Her name is Heidie. Then there's Daddy's Boy. The most spoiled Beagle/Bassett Hound mix you've ever seen in your life. His name is Duke. We also have two older sons. One is almost 21 and will be graduating from the Navy Nuke School in just under five months as a Nuclear Submariner. The other graduates high school in a couple of months and is also looking at a Navy career.

Well I could ramble on for an hour but I'll spare you all. I hope to post as often as I can and hopefully bring something to the table. I'm sure my wife Dijon will poke her head in once in a while as well. Thanks again Misty for the invitation.

Broadsword

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome! We are mostly female, and most of the time we act like ladies, but you'll find us a diverse group. There aren't a lot of threads about make-up or celebrities, KWIM?

And we don't bite.

croc

...much.

grin

I do TaiChi Broadsword.... does that count? oh wait.. wrong thread!

welcome Broadsword, Dijon and family.

I have two sons in the Army, one is station back in cal for a year in school, the other is on his second deployment - Iraq.

Just because you are a man doesn't mean you are gonna get treated different!!! you too could find yourself in Princess Boot Camp! (PCB) learning to swoon, curtsy, file your nails, and dance! oh and Darlene has these silly crowns and dress ya gotta wear! but so far, I haven't seen any men in PBC yet.

Welcome Broadsword and Dijon! You sound like you can bring a lot to this board. I'll be looking forward to reading your posts. No worries about us being a bunch of ladies. We're all pretty nice...most of the time. wink

Stacy

Originally Posted By: zinger
Welcome Broadsword & Dijon!! Broadsword, watch out for WormGuy...he's been kissin' up and handing out hugs! Glad to have you two.

And I do it very good too... grin

Here ya go Broadsword and Dijon bighug

Welcome to the family!!!!

John
Originally Posted By: jewlzm
Welcome Broadsword and Dijon!!!!

Dont worry about being on this board.. there are some guys.. and we treat everyone the same... No biggie!

And before long you will feel like one of the girls. rofl

John

GoodMorning2dogs2.gifBroadsword and Dijon and welcomeinblue.gif to Mrs. S.

Old Pine is my husband and he sometimes posts, but not a lot.

We are in North Central MN. so we are still having cool temps. smile

You all take a look around and add your posts when and where you like. smileth6dee1705-2.gif to both of you.

Hi Vic,

Yeah. It came back all fine and good just like I told them. Have you been keeping up with the threads on the files and arfcon about it? The shop in question is doing some damage control on arfcom but won't dare show their faces on the files. After what happened to Moses and now me those guys are really PO'ed

I think I might post here about it as well as a few other boards. People need to be warned about this kind of thing. It destroy's lives.

Thank you all for the welcome. I'm wearing a pair of Dijon's underwear right now. Just wanted to see how they feel. I think it's going to help.

Broadsword

rofl I'm SO glad I'm the only one in my room and nobody just heard me laugh out loud! Thanks a lot Broadsword! Someone might have thought me crazy! banana Hope you're not wearing a thong, they feel like your butt got hungry and ate your underwear, not very fun!
Originally Posted By: WiccadStargazer
rofl I'm SO glad I'm the only one in my room and nobody just heard me laugh out loud! Thanks a lot Broadsword! Someone might have thought me crazy! banana Hope you're not wearing a thong, they feel like your butt got hungry and ate your underwear, not very fun!

TMI! TMI!!!
TOO MUCH INFO!!!!

rofl

(Wipes eyes) Ooh, *ahem*
Now then, such language Missy.
and as for you sir...
snuggles2.gif
Snuggles the fabric Softner Bear is now going to require
therapy. I hope your happy.

Archived