MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Big Howdy!

jazzy

Hi,

just wanted to stop by and say Hey. my name is jazzy and a very nice lady gave me this link to check out and it looked so inviting that i thought id move right in!

im an old broad with gray hair and i think ive got menopause licked. i live in the mountains in northern NM and have spent the last several years learning as much as possible on how to live as simply as possible. we grow alot of our own food, even make our wine and beer (are we allowed to drink wine or beer here...i should have asked. if not, skip that last piece)

i can and dry alot of our food, we hunt elk, deer and turkey for meat and stock the freezer (mostly DH, as while im a pretty good shot, im not very quiet it seems and he is much better than me,) bake, crochet, can make baskets (well, sorta rickety), we raise a few chickens for eggs and meat, i read everything i can get my hands on, especially history. i can make and wax cheese, make a killer green chile chicken stew and am a herbalist...not a professional by any means, but i spend a great deal of time making all sorts of goodies, especially medicinals---my passion.

ive got 4 grown great kids and one of the best husbands the Lord God ever made. i work full time at an outfitters selling hunts and dreaming about retiring someday before i die at the desk with the phone glued in my ear so i can spend more time in the gardens and with my herbs and with my family---ahhhh, such a dream, eh?

thats kinda who and what i am.

i hope to meet all of ya and make some new friends.

so a big fat hello to everyone and God bless

jazzy

:welcome: Jazzy!!! Glad to hve you with us. Grab a glass of tea and join in when you can. Watch out for the food fights, they get real messy. rofl Here's a welcome bighug for you.

Gosh I can't belive I got to you first. welcome6 again.

wormie

John

Hi Jazzy welcome to the group glad you came and decided to stick around watch wormguy he is a bit of a trouble maker wink starting the food fights and such but a nice guy to have around. grab a comfy chair and a bite to eat cakeslice and a drink coffee2 and enjoy your visit

Hi there Jazzy! Glad to meet you. Sounds like quite the life you have there welcome6

Look forward to your posts. We just watched a movie the other evening and I believe it was called Off the Map. A family of three, living in the hills of NM. At one point in the movie the script was "you have no money in the bank, no credit, your house is paid for, you have a stockpile of clothes, four years of food stored away and three years of firewood." It was set back in the 70s. Of course, they couldn't escape property taxes :peep:

Anyway, enough rambling. Talk to ya' later!

Welcome!

I don't make beer, but I make the smoothest wine and 'brandy' you've ever tried - "slips down the gullet like the devil in velvet trousers"...

I'd love to learn something about herbs- but I warn you, you can't teach me anything about crochet - many have tried... boese033.gif

5.gif She called me nice!

(So THERE, Westie! tease.gif )

biggrin.gif

WELCOME, jazzy!!! I'm impressed that you jumped right in!

You can post your link for your home-made medicinals in your signature, but we generally frown on out-and-out "BUY MY STUFF" posts.

And please understand when we ask questions about stuff... we're "discriminating consumers" (or should I say "picky"??? teehee.gif ). Actually, we've seen it all, so we ask questions.

flowerforyou.gif Glad you're here!

goodmorningrainandsun.gif and welcome6 .

We, Old Pine and I have 3 adult kids and 6 grandchildren, 3 step grandchildren and 1 step-great-grandchild.

Join us in the DD forum for breakfast. smile

Archived