MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for dinner (2) ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicken, chicken gravy, mashed potatoes, mixed veg. for most. Ravioli for the boy who went to the dentist.

We had baked potatoes out of the garden with the broccoli/beef/cheese stuff on top, turnip greens and lettuces form the garden, also. I love my Fall garden! I have teeny, tiny little beans and itsy, bitsy cauliflowers on my plants and no frost for the next 10 days, at least

Prep lasagna:

one jar of pureed recuperated greens soup (see thread).

one batch of spaghetti sauce, with extra tomato sauce to make it more liquid, with a cupful of hamburger rocks simmered in it, and with sauteed vegetables (zucchini, onion, peppers, powdered mushrooms).

One rather liquid batch of whitesauce with grated canned cheese mixed into it.

uncooked lasagna noodles

Layer everything, with lasagna noodles between thin layers of sauces...begin with tomato and end with whitesauce. Make the sauces a bit soppy, so that they will rehydrate the noodles as the dish bakes.

Bake at about 375° farenheit til browned and bubbley.

(be sure to bake this as soon as it's assembled, or the pasta will get gluey. It's a nice thing to stick into the oven when it's already on, and then serve reheated the next day)

Spaghetti (whole wheat marked down) with Spaghetti sauce from a can (99 cents) with hamburger meat (bought at 99 cents/pound) Total cost 2.50 to feed 3 tonight and probably 3 for lunch tomorrow. Yay LOL

Dora

Meatloaf, rice, broccoli and more apple pie...

I love it when the trees produce!

eekeekeek

Snowstorm....

DarleneSwoon

I am NOT ready for this...

We haven't even had a first frost yet... *very* unusual! I've been waiting for it so I can gather the rose hips. I'm determined to use them this year!

Putting a pork roast into the crock pot for supper... broccoli and some kind of potato, or buttered noodles with parsley, for supper tonight.

bighug

Bizarre weather here, too....I made cold turkey salad for dinner, just turkey, mayo and craisins with Crown Pilot Crackers, sliced apples, and sweet pepper salad on the side. It is supposed to be 76 degrees here today and 79 Monday....

I'm in New England!!! Good grief.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting colder here, we need more 'sturdy' food...

Pork roast, apple sauce, rice, peas, satsuma oranges. Cookies for a sweet.

Archived