MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for dinner (2) ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pork chops and pasta with mushroom soup poured over the lot!corn on the side

It has been 105 and higher here for the last week and a half. To hot to cook. When I cook the temp in the house goes up to around 78. I am trying to finish my Flylady control journal so I will have what's for dinner at my fingertips and won't have to worry about it anymore. I plan on making menus, and then a grocery list to go with it.

Last night we had meatloaf, green beans, potatoes, and glazed carrots.

We actually had everyone home last night. Hubby brought home fried shrimp for DD; country-fried steak for me and DS; and a taco salad thingy for him...

spaghetti and meat sauce. smile

beef stew. laugh

I am begining to think you need to put one dinner out for the dogs...then what you really out for yourself...hidden from the dogs. I like to hide mine in the oven or microwave if I am not thawing it in the fridge..then it is out of site from my cats.

We are having Marzetti which I am not cooking. I got a volunteer.

Teach them not to counter or table surf, Darlene. That's bad manners for dogs. Leave stuff out within their reach, when they head for it get by the collar and give a sharp tug with a loud No! at the same time. If you leave stuff out even on your coffee table they should leave it alone.

Stacy

Dogmom, no kidding. Of course it's bad manners. Of course I'm teaching them (ha) not to do that, but they're still puppies and still in training. Kayra walks into the kitchen and she's so tall her chin is higher than the countertop. Actually, it's Ziya that's misbehaving, but then again, what would you expect? I got her from WESTIE!

Anyway, we're gonna try this again tonight...chicken caesar salad with garlic bread...chicken is defrosting on counter against far wall.

darlene

• 4 weeks later...

The weather's getting chilly - yesterday was chicken gravy, potatoes and broccoli; today, chicken soup and cornbread muffins.

I had fajitas for dinner. MMmmmmm.... love them.

Yesterday, dh was out, so the kids and I had homemade bread, cheese, salami, cantaloupe, and pickles for dinner.

Today, we had spaghetti & plums for lunch.

For dinner tonight we had BBQ chicken, corn, canned apricots and canned cranberry jelly. (I rotated out some old canned goods, so there'll be a lot of canned fruit on the menu for a while.)

I made extra homemade pizza last night, so I could run and heat it up and bring it upstairs tonight...Quickly! We are gonna have broccoli, carrots, and some of the bulk dip I bought. These chicks just lap up fresh, raw veggies...

Tonight's dinner is chicken pot pies, I got 24 of them for 5 dollars at the local food bank time before last, and decided tonight is the night for them. There are no income requirements to buy food from the food bank, even though I would qualify if there were!

What is for dinner in my future?

Today I got (for 46 dollars):

About 40 hamburger buns

4 turnovers (apple)

6 kaiser rolls

dozen donuts

four packages 6 each biscuits (tomorrow we will have some of these with eggs and gravy)

36 cans of applesauce

6 cans of soup

3 cases of 24 gatorade bottles (12 oz each)

4 macaroni and cheese

2 lbs elbow pasta

6 heads of cabbage

about 4 lbs of hot chili peppers (good for stuffing with cream cheese or cheese and serving with an enchilada sauce)

10 pounds of plums

10 pounds of nectatrines

10 pounds of pears

8 pounds of cucumbers

5 lbs of carrots

1 can of corn

2 cans of tuna (ugh)

2 cans of manderin oranges

3 cans of tomatos sauce

2 cans of soup

4 cans of Dr Pepper

3 bags of Tropical trailmix 28 oz each (wow)

3 boxes Wheat thins

10 small packages of bbq/ranch potato chips

1 box of multigrain rice cakes type things flavor buttered popcorn

1 box of tostada corn chips

1 box Oatmeal raisin breakfast cookies

Cracker jacks Buttered toffee

2 bags of Cinnamon Sun Chips

1 small bag of Oatmeal to go

1 small bag of granola bits

12 pack of bagels

1 loaf of Wheat french bread

2 boxes of about 6 lbs each meat (4 boneless chicken breasts,4 pork chops, 1lb of sausage, spare ribs, 1 four pack of hamburger) and an extra four pack of chicken breasts.

1 loaf of white bread

1 24oz Kiwi lime lemon energy drink

1 bag of white cheddar soy crisps

1 box of wheat crackers (south beach diet ones ick)

1 bag of hotdog buns

1 bag of corn flakes

1 jar of peanut butter

3 20 oz bottles of Aloe Splash

3 quacker breakfast bars

1 chocolate drizzle rice cakes

1 go tarts (box)

1 diet coke

whatta haul

Archived