MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another newbie here!

crazycatlady

Hi everybody! I've been lurking for about a year or so, off and on. Lately, I've been feeling a real need to step up my preps to the next level. Just seems like we're overdue for something BIG; not sure if it'll be bird flu or some terrorist activity or another intense hurrican season, but it just FEELS

I completely understand. You don't see it but know it is there and getting closer. Just like a Giant Electrical Storm. Hovering just outside your field of vision.

But welcome and grab a cup of coffee/tea coffee have a seat and join in. We are determined to have fun with it too!

Originally Posted By: crazycatlady
Lately, I've been feeling a real need to step up my preps to the next level. Just seems like we're overdue for something BIG; not sure if it'll be bird flu or some terrorist activity or another intense hurrican season, but it just FEELS

Thanks for the welcomes!

Just noticed that I messed up this post and cut if off before I was done, sigh. Here's the entire post:

Hi everybody! I've been lurking for about a year or so, off and on. Lately, I've been feeling a real need to step up my preps to the next level. Just seems like we're overdue for something BIG; not sure if it'll be bird flu or some terrorist activity or another intense hurrican season, but it just FEELS like something is coming down the pike, y'know?

Oh, I should tell you a little more about me, I guess. I'm married with 2 boys and 2 cats and we all live in Northeren Virginia, way too close to D.C. for comfort. We've been here for about 9 years. I've been prepping (on a small scale) and tried to help my mom (in Baltimore where I grew up) get some stuff stocked too. My DH and DF both don't want to even consider the idea of bad things happening. Luckily, as long as prepping doesn't disrupt our life, DH is supportive, if not actively involved. He seems to recognize that prepping makes me feel more secure and so is pretty supportive(and will even help sometimes), but does think that I worry too much.

I just can't help it. I feel like it's MY responsibility to make sure that our family has preps to get us through the bad times. And the world is so scary right now. I feel like we're overdue for severe hurricane activity in this area. We drive past the Pentagon almost every day and were here on 9/11. (Hubby called me on his cell phone while I was watching updates about the Twin Towers and told me about the plane he saw coming in too low and too fast--he used to be a pilot, so he knew something was terribly wrong. A few moments later, I heard the fire trucks from our local firehouse rush to the scene and I SMELLED the burning building. It was terrifying and practically in our backyard.) And don't even get me start on the economy!

So, basically, I've come here for info and support. You all seem to understand the need to prep even when you can't point to anything definitive, but feel a pressing need. And you all seem so welcoming and open to newcomers. So, here I am. I hope I can add to the conversation; I know I can learn a lot. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Not sure if I should/can remove the other post, but at least now it's all here in one place. Please bear with me; I hope to get the hang of this posting thing soon!

Welcome CCL. Don't worry about posting errors. I've bumped my elbow on the keyboard with interesting results.... LOL "hey wait...give that post back to me....I wasn't finished yet.... "

I've got a brother over in your area and I am a bit uncomfortable with the proximity to D.C. Sounds like you were tooooo up close and personal on that fateful day. eeeeek

MtRider

Again, thanks to all for the welcome!

PCS: yeah, I love that line from Mrs. Roosevelt. I'm striving to have a GREAT mind because frankly, we have enough small ones, especially running our government, lol. Seems to be a good place to work on it with all you thinking such great thoughts & talking about what really matters!

CCL welcome5 It sure looks like you will fit right in here. I believe most of us feel the same way you do. I'm glad you decided to come out of lurking. I'm hoping others out there will join us also.

Welcome home. smile

bighug

Hi CrazyCatLady! newhere TOO! Hope you'll enjoy yourself as much as I am so far.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'm sure everyone would be interested in hearing about 911 from someone who was close to some of the events of that awful day.

I thought my experiences with Katrina were bad, but at least we all saw what was coming. You all experienced the UNTHINKABLE firsthand.

You'll love this place!

welcome5

Abigail

Archived