MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Birthday VIC303

BiscuitMaker

Thank you, my friends! I had a super day, though it was not a 'blast' as by the time we got to the gun range (outdoors), it was 40+mph winds, cloudy and TOO CHILLY!!! We scrounged brass for an hour or so, and went home for pizza and cocoa. I got a set of electronic sound-limiting shooting earmuffs from DH & the Monkeys!!

Then DH took me out to see I AM LEGEND (pretty good film btw), and then dinner at the Genghis Grill (YUM!!). Coffee at Starbucks with a cookiebar for dessert and then home to rescue the sitter from the Monkeys.

All in all, a very good birthday! Thanks for your wellwishes, and all!

--Vic

What a gal. Going to the range in a 40 mph wind. My old DI fired expert in the edge of a typhoon. He was drunk and swayed with the wind. Happy Birthday to you 303--sure like your avatar. I think I have some 303 rounds here somewhere-do you still use them?? I recently picked up a 1917 Winchester Enfield in 30-06 that is a beauty. Couldn't believe it was an '06.

Only bad thing about having a bday so close to Christmas--presents seem to get carried over. My daughter and grand daughter's are the 21st and they hate it being so close to "present time".

Hope yours is a super one. Now you need a reloader for all the brass you picked up--hint hint, wc

Originally Posted By: Vic303
Hey -06, Which one--the XL650, or the Rockchucker? I have both... wink And yes I do still shoot some .303 so if you wanna donate your spare ammo to a worthy cause... grin
bighug

.303 rocks! britflag

You like the Lee-Enfields?

What types do you have?

BTW, belated happy birthday!

Mine are Mecs. Have two 600 Jrs and one older turrent for rifle. Have a lead melter and laddles but hope to get a set of dies soon so I can make my own. Have most of the reloading stuff still boxed-"moma 6" keeps me moving it around but will have that problem solved soon. Adding a bit of space off the breeze way that will be MINE-all mine----I wish. She already has plans to put the small freezer there-humph. We will see, but you know who will win. If "moma ain't happy no one is". Will do some scratching to find that 303.

The only Enfield I have is the '17 Winchester in '06. Didn't know they made them and was very happy to find it. Rumor is that is the rifle style that "Sgt. York" used. Supposedly he griped because he had to use a "limey" rifle. Worked OK for him it seems. wc AND MERRY CHRISMAS

Originally Posted By: Louis1
Hey -06, Which one--the XL650, or the Rockchucker? I have both... wink And yes I do still shoot some .303 so if you wanna donate your spare ammo to a worthy cause... grin
bighug

.303 rocks! britflag

What types do you have?

Thanks, Louis! I love the old Enfields! I find the most fun in shooting the old No.4's I guess.
Originally Posted By: -06
Will do some scratching to find that 303.
The only Enfield I have is the '17 Winchester in '06. Didn't know they made them and was very happy to find it. Rumor is that is the rifle style that "Sgt. York" used. Supposedly he griped because he had to use a "limey" rifle. Worked OK for him it seems. wc AND MERRY CHRISMAS

Thanks, -06, I will see if I can scrounge some -06 brass to send your way in trade. I wish I had a P14, I had a chance to buy one cheap at the Springfield gunshow once, but passed on it at the time. I regret that now.
Originally Posted By: Louis1
bighug

.303 rocks! britflag

What types do you have?

Thanks, Louis! I love the old Enfields! I find the most fun in shooting the old No.4's I guess.

I like 'em too. I started too late to get the really good ones, but have managed to find a couple of decent No4 Mk1's, one is a beater and the other a pretty nice one.

Archived