MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Guess what I get to start buying?!?!?!

Hey, AO5FG, I got one too!!!! :woot:

I made rolls today, and my hands do not ache from the kneading. And I learned that you do not try to add ingredients when the thing is working. oops

I also learned that the old avacodo green Tupperware measuring cups are sturdy enough to hold up without a ding when dropped into the KitchenAid bowl while it is on. I thought for sure that the measuring cup was a goner. But, oh the mess in my kitchen. I had to wash down everything within several feet of the thing.

The rolls were good. yumyum

I LOVE it (^Your story^) root! What a great load of info rofl I'm sure I'll have my own stories to tell. Hubba's back to work on Thursday & that's when I'll get back into my role of things.

We got a stereo that won't pick up radio stations & then last night, we figured the coffee pot we got won't keep time (both from family on Sat.) & I yelled "THAT D*** KITCHEN AID BETTER WORK!!!!!" LOL

Congratulations!!! I got one last year. I LOVE it!!!! I use it for dough kneading a lot. I use it to beat batters, like cake. I have the food grinder attachment (Mother's Day) and use it for all sorts of things. I also got the pasta rollers recently (big thrift store find: $6 for a $150 kit), but I haven't yet tried them out.

You're gonna love it!!!

P.S. Did you know they have a grain grinder attachment?

Originally Posted By: HSmom

P.S. Did you know they have a grain grinder attachment?

Oh sweetie, that's already been in my amazon wishlist for a couple days now rofl I started looking Saturday night after everyone left. I want the mill, the food grinder & a bowl with a handle. For now.

I have the largest lift up style KA, but I would like one of the toppers that go round the edge to keep the flour in, and also makes it easier to add ingredient to the bowl. I looked but, don't think that they make one of those for the larger size lift up bowls.

Originally Posted By: lovinit
I have the largest lift up style KA, but I would like one of the toppers that go round the edge to keep the flour in, and also makes it easier to add ingredient to the bowl. I looked but, don't think that they make one of those for the larger size lift up bowls.

I am sure they make them but if not take a cheap paper plate cut it from side to center then cut a circle out of the center and slip around the beaters (or other attachment) and you have your very own splatter guard. Figured this out with a hand held.

Archived