MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Christmas Present for Darlene

BiscuitMaker

A Christmas Present for Darlene

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Darlene for all of the work that she does to keep Mrs. Survival up and running. I know it costs money but more than that it takes a lot of time. I know there has to be days when she says “what was I thinking!”.

I appreciate the gentle way she handles people and the talent she has to pick the really good mods that she has.

The testament to what a good job she is doing is all the new people feel welcome and invited. New people always comment on how friendly it is here. I know I feel that way. I also like that this is a Christian friendly site. And boy can that girl pray. Her prayers are so thoughtful and beautiful.

There is a lot of information here, but most of all we are all friends just learning together.

I hope it continues for a long time.

Lady my hat is off to you!

Thank-you for a wonderful experience.

Merry Christmas

Amen. Whether some of us know it or not, this site truly is a labor of love for her. Even with all of the hassles and goings-on that she has to deal with, it really is a mission for her. Not to mention the personal attachments that she has made here with many people and the way Holy Spirit uses this site to grow the Kingdom of God on a daily basis.

I'm on your side, Darlene. ;-)

9.gif

and to Darlene.

Thanks for a great place for us to gather and help each other. Share tears and laughter. Be there for each other and learn to prep...some of us blush taking a wee bit more time than others.

14.gif

May all your season be bright!

I wish I had an emoticon that would express the admiration I feel for all you have done here on Mrs. S. You have given us the gift of more than your time, your caring, and your thoughtfullness.

Merry Christmas Darlene. Thank you for giving us your heart.

(((((Darlene))))))

Darlene, thank you for the gift that gives all year...Mrs S. I am not sure where I would be without it. I have some very valuable information and support here. Thank you for all that you do. God bless you and your family.

Merry Christmas and Blessings in the New Year.

Merry Christmas, Darlene-

thank you for giving us (me) a safe place to come lick my wounds, regroup and gird my loins for the 'real world'

(((((BIG HUG)))))

Oh geez, I always get a little uncomfortable with things like this...honestly.

I'm very touched by your words Biscuit, as well as everyone elses...I know that they're heartfelt because I feel the same way about this place, always have...

It really is a group effort...from the very first moment I stepped into this position, I didn't do it alone. Every step that I took with this site, was with others here. When I fell apart and stayed pretty much away for a couple of years, others stepped up to the plate and gave it their all, and when I not only wanted, but NEEDED to 'come home' MrsS was there for me too.

God has blessed me with an opportunity to pay the bills for this site at a very reasonable price. Some of the mods volunteered to help, some I asked, some were referred.

The only time I ever say "arrrrrrrrrrrrgh" with this place is when things hit a fever pitch and I just wanna come in and slam dunk and end the emotions that have such adverse effects on everyone, so there I will admit that I do exercise alot of patience, prayer, and biting of my tongue darlene lol...thankfully those times are few and far between and overall, I think we all grow, mature and move on...

I sure hope the newbies feel welcome, as well as the old timers, because they really are wanted and valued here, regardless of who they are. I don't have the opportunity to always welcome everyone, but Lord knows there's a slew of other members that take a few moments to say hello and help make them feel at home.

As far as the prayers, well, I know how it is when I ask for prayer...I'm usually in a very vulnerable space, so when I pray, I ask the Lord for His guidance, that His Spirit might give me the words He would have me say, and that He would touch that person and comfort them. So see, that's not even all me...it's more Him and I'm so grateful those prayers do touch others, cause we all need Him so much...

I believe that MrsS has been sustained all these years because, although we're not perfect, we do care and we do try, and we really are blessed with a phenominal amount of very talented people who have been loyal to MrsS and have given so unselfishly of their time and talents.

Thank you again, it's always special when someone takes the time to appreciate ones work, but it's hard to receive that thank you when you really love every second you spend here, like I do.

May everyone's Christmas tomorrow be filled with extra special blessings and memories as we take a few moments to remember the reason we celebrate.

God bless.

As one of the newbies I just want to say thank you for making me feel welcome Darlene. Your personal touch is very much appreciated. May the Messiah's birth that we are celebrating bless and keep you and your efforts. May He give you His peace and protect your coming in and going out. God bless and keep you, wc

I'm one of the OLD ones and I agree we are blessed to have this site and thank you for it Darlene. I know I'm one of the ones you've had to bite your tongue and say a prayer for a few times and I thank you for your patience and kindness. You've also called and visited wih me to keep me coming back to Mrs. S. when I've gotten in a snit.

The couple of years you were down we reversed it and had patience with you and said a lot of prayers and were delighted when you returned whole and happy again.

My friends, that's a lot of what this board is about. We care, we work together, we argue and we're family.

May you all have a blessed Christmas! grouphug

Every thing that was said above is in my heart also Darlene this is such a great place and thank you to all the Mods. also.

May you all have a great Christmas and the new year is great for all of us. God bless all of you.

Archived