MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My Kids

Lilly

Dear (((((Lilly))))), You are in my prayers!

There are no easy answers for your situation. You love your DD's, your granddaughter, and especially your DH, and your heart is torn for each and every one of them. A mother's love does not grow dim with age but only grows stronger.

I know that a move out date may seem harsh but in the end it is really a response of love and desire for your adult children to really grow into a healthy adulthood. The date doesn't have to be tomorrow, possily in 3-6 months or even a year from now whatever you and DH feel most comfortable with. Creating boundaries can truly be the best expression of love there is.

I edited my top post. Things have gotten much worse the past couple of days. Something very serious happened Sunday night. I can't go into it. But We really need your prayers right now. Thank you.

((((Lilly)))) Hugs and prayers from me as well...for everyone in your family. May the Lord give you all peace and perseverence to get through this hard time.

prayinggrouphug2

Thank you all. I went to church tonight. It seems a lot of people were under attack this week. Lots of sickness and family problems. Our preacher just called for us to pray for one another. I have to wonder if other Christians are having the same problem?

Lily,

I just saw your post. Pray about this for sure..and you have our prayers here also. May they lift you up and energize you to get through trials.

If you cannot talk to your girls about how their actions are affecting you physcially, perhaps write a vert loving letter telling them how much you worry about them, how much you love them but also asking for their help with the household.

Talk to your dh...a threat to leave is a cry for help, a request to be asked to not leave. Really, it is. If you want him to stay, see what you two together and perhaps with help from your pastor can do to repair the situation. If it's the kids and grandkids making him want to leave--get everyone together and find a mutual solution. (even if it includes a move out date or a requirment of help around the house or charging rent. My mother had a difficult time with my brother and she charged him rent. He grudgingly paid it but was not nice about it. However, after a year, when he moved out on his own, she handed him a large check--the rent money she had put aside for him. It gave him a good start AND a new perspective on how much his mother loved him)

Anyway, remember this: You are loved. No matter how messed up things are, you ARE loved.

Thank you for your support and prayers. I don't want it to sound like my DH's are heatherns or something. They have had their fair share of hurts as well. My youngest is going through a divorce. She was only married a little over a year. Her husband was not kind to her. She thought she would only be married one time so this has left her reeling from pain. Both DH's work and go to school full time. They don't make enough to pay remt. But they do pay for groceries and toiletries. I just don't have the heart to throw them out. I know they don't have enough to live on. We just need to make it 2 more years and they both will be out of school. It is hard to see your children hurt. We are doing much better. I know it is the prayers helping us. So many people are going through so much right now, it is a hurting world.

Dear One, I raised two daughters - and it's so easy to look back and see what I did right and what i should have done differently. . . . the hard part is knowing what to do when you are in the middle of the fray. Address the issues with your husband first - he is your partner and he obviously has thoughts he needs to express. Then make a solid effort - together - with the girls. Sounds like time for a round table meeting - and a revealing of feelings and thoughts. Clear the air, prayerfully and peacefully. Praying for His guidance, and a quiet peace to prevail.

We did just that. The air has been cleared. They know how we feel and what we expect. We prayed about it, and things have improved. Everything is easier with God! Thank you all for the prayers and advice.

Archived