MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi

Tiger

Happy Resurrection Day!

I'm been lurking for a long while and decided to delurk. I live in north Florida in the country. I have 7 dogs ranging from a 12 lb Shih-tzu mix to a 1 year old 90+ lb Great Pyr. Plus 2 cats, 2 house bunnies, and fish. We also have chickens and ducks. Used to have turkeys and pet goats. I like to read, go camping, do needlework, garden, bake, surf on the net, shoot my rifle, and play with my pets. We're just starting to get serious about prepping at my house - always did the hurricane prep, of course. Oh, I also like to can. My mother and I just spent the weekend making 47 1/2 half pints of strawberry-pineapple jam. blush Hopefully I can find a support group for jam making addicts here.

It's nice to be here and see so many like minded folks.

Welcome to the family! Glad you're here. Happy Easter to you too!

I'm sure you'll be able to find a lot of new friends here who will love to share jam making recipes. I love to can too. Lately it's been chicken soup, broth, etc. and ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and chili. Take care, looking forward to more posts from you.

Hmmmmmmmm, let me think a minute........would 60 jars of strawberry jam I made last year qualify me? grin I need to try something new this year, any ideas? And, welcome to the group. Come on down to the canning section, there is plenty to read.

lovemrss

bighug

wormie

John

Tiger! Welcome!

Oh there might be one or two canning addicts out here (Looks pointedly towards Darlene). Really glad you DE-lurked and joined in the fun!

welcome6lurking.gif

I bumped up the Canning-o-Holics meeting for you down in Humor Me

Originally Posted By: Tiger
Hopefully I can find a support group for jam making addicts here.

Heh. The jamming and canning folk here are a CULT. I fear for you...your addiction will see new levels now. You have been warned.

Welcome to MrsSurvival! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" preparedness/survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Archived