MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

NO Power!

Buttercup

Yea week 3 is now over.. I am now being totally honest when I say, I have had enough. Thank goodness it's spring and we can spend our days outside! I think we have a projected date of power being back on by next Friday! Wish me luck!

I can not imagine what you are going threw i have a fit when w lose it for a couple of hours. and my kids they panic when the lights flash. hope and praying your powers on sooner then next Friday.

but on another note i think i would much rather not have power then have snakes in my house.

how old are your kids. how are they doing?

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Man, I could not have gone this long without it. I do hope you get power real soon. bighugbighugbighug

Like others have said, just a few hours and that is long enough. Of course, everything in this house is run by the power. frown

HAVEANICEDAY8.gif

I finally went to our Pastor.. We didn't tell anyone in the church nor Mike's mother. Our pastor got things in order and our power is now restored! I then paid my internet bill so it's back on to!

My children that live at home are just shy of 18 (ds) and a 10 year old dd.. Ds said last night that he thinks it brought us closer together..

I just plugged the fridge back in, I'll give it a couple of days to re-cool and then restock it. Then I will plug the deep freeze back in. And bring home the things we had divided out amoung neighbors (blessings I tell you) I have sent dd upstairs to clean the living room so it can be swept. I am headed to the laundry room to listen to my own washer fill with water and swish my clothes around. Then I might go sit in my rocking chair and have a good cry. Then I am going to brew a pitcher of tea and stick it in the fridge to cool before my husband gets home.

Things are looking up.. Hubby just got news today that he has passed the first weld test for the union.. Only one more to go..

I told him last night while we were laying there ready for sleep to overcome us that I was going to miss the quietness of the nights.

I do need to say that I am thankful to the Lord that we had things in place to stay home during these three weeks. I am probably for certain we could have endured longer but I just didn't want to. Thank you all for your prayers......... Oh yea I forgot to say I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buttercup!! Welcome back! I see your name now and that silly tv ad tune comes into my head..."You've got the power! You've got the power...!!"

Buttercup it sounds like the washing machine thing is part of my house selling deal is there a full moon or what??????

Good luck girl---you know what they say ---In one year you will look back on this and laugh??????

I knew you could do it BC. But I'm glad you are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

It is tough to live that way but you have such an edge on others. You've been there, done that and found out what works and what doesn't. You've also given yourself something that others don't have. Confidence that you could make it if you had to with out electricity.

Start posting .....Can't wait to have you jump back in.

Congratulations to DH, tell all Hi for me!

(((((Buttercup))))))

grin

Originally Posted By: Buttercup
Ah it never fails! I just smoked the belt on the washing machine!!!!!!!!!

Oh buttercup.. (sigh)

Don't smoke the belt, you know that's not good for you. 7.gif

and the DEA might be onto you.
incognito.gif

happy02

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

I'm so glad you got your power and WELCOMEBACKWEMISSEDYOU.gif

Now, the washer, I don't think it is to hard to replace the belt. Seems we had to do that one time.

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEANICEDAY8.gif

Originally Posted By: cookiejar
Originally Posted By: Buttercup
Ah it never fails! I just smoked the belt on the washing machine!!!!!!!!!

Oh buttercup.. (sigh)

Don't smoke the belt, you know that's not good for you. 7.gif

and the DEA might be onto you.
incognito.gif

happy02

ah cookie you crack me up.. you don't know how many times through this whole thing I wanted a smoke for real. But we both resisted the urge.. It's been 4 months now that I have been smoke free and on the first dh will have been quit 4 months as well!

Aww BC BC BC, you just have more fun than most-lol. Glad you have electricity now-aggravating to be w/o. While you have the back off machine check to see if any bearings/pulleys are grabbing(worn) as that may be the reason for the belt failure. Run it through a cycle before replacing cover. Feel the bearings for excess heat afterwards(watch you fingers). Best to you BC, wc

Archived