MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Additional prayers please

cookiejar

Hi,

need still more prayers for my Step-Mom.

She finished the radiation and was coming along well, the transfusions were helping immensely. Getting stronger everyday till yesterday. A set-back.

Her right hip which was a full replacement is healing perfectly. The left has just the rod and ball (?). Apparently, the rod turned(?) nad they may have to do surgery again. She's bummed but is tired of hurting. The hip might rebreak or it might right itself and all be well.

The good Doctor told her he wants her a little further along because radiation suppresses the immune system and he fears infection. He could do the surgery today but wants to wait.

It could right itself, or need fixing or worse blow out altogether and require another full replacement. (We did remind her that the full replaced hip was the one doing great.).

Prayers please for solace, a lessening of pain. Just a resolution of God's will. She's suffered so much and is trying to stay positive and upbeat.

I know I keep coming out here for more help. Thank you all. I appreciate you and your prayers so much.

cookie

Father God

I thank you that we can bring our petitions to you. You know Cookies Step Mum even if we dont and You love her. I bring to you a petition on her behalf, Father I ask that you will do a healing work in her body, that You will make straight that which is in the wrong place, and give her a fast recovery for all her health needs, In Jesus precious name, Amen

Heavenly Father,

I know that Cookie keeps feeling a little bad, having to come and ask for continued prayer over her step mom, so I just ask that You would birth the knowledge in her heart that nothing pleases You more than to have us come to You, bearing our hearts, our hopes, our dreams, our fears, our concerns. There is never an inopportune time to talk to You and quite frankly, I probably talk to You more than I do anyone these days...

So, I lift up her stepmom again, thanking You for Your hand being over her life. I thank You for the work that has been completed successfully so far and ask that You would bring to conclusion, the rest of the needs that she has. Comfort her in her pain, fill her heart with Your peace because You truly are a loving Father and Your eye is upon her.

In Jesus Name,

Originally Posted By: Cat
Still praying... update? How's she doing?

bighug

Still limbo frown
But I really appreciate knowing prayers are winging their way for her.

Thank you (You may bobp me on the head now Darlene)
smile
  • 1 month later...

Again I'm out here...

blush

I really appreciate it and realize I've been out here a lot with

requests for prayers for friends and family. I can't thank you enough.

Well, I forgot to tell the update before, that the doctor told yes she could now have the surgery. For some odd reason I felt I had told you so before. (Somebody must have prayed for me to calm down and it worked. crazysmile ).

So, the Update is tomorrow is the surgery. But, I called tonight and she is sooooo upbeat and excited. Her other new full hip is perfect so she's ready for this one to work. She was with my Aunt Joan who will take her in and keep us all updated.

Things look very positive. I'm asking for prayers for a safe and quick surgery and full recovery. (when I ask for others, I ask BIG grin ).

Please include my stepMom in your prayers. Surgery is for 9:45 Colorado time.

(((((Mrs. S folks))))))

Thanks so much!

I just talked to her on the phone. She seemed tired but happy. It was Grand Central Station with family today in and out visiting.

Dad said the doc was happy, that it all looked great in there and the surgery went really well.

Now on to mending.

Thank you all for the prayers

Archived