MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New to the Forum

Canned Nerd

Stumbled upon Mrs. Survival just the other day while doing some research and decided to join the party and test the water.

I'm a little different than most...I'm a guy for one, like Burl Ives, if anyone is old enough for a visual.

I got involved in food preservation (canning, freezing, dehydrating) a few years ago because of knowledge of the coming food shortage and famine and have since become somewhat of an expert thanks to my nerdy interests and passing a course provided by the University of Georgia. I'm also the resident nerd on the Ball Canning message board in trying to answer questions people have.

I've also become very frugal after 11 years of being the care giver for my mother before she passed, 7 years of unemployment as a result, and now living on Social Security and the benefits of local food banks.

I'm constantly seeking new information and sharing when possible. Oh, and despite being a guy I love to window shop and spend hours in all kinds of stores. bow

CN, lemme be the first to welcome you to MrsS!

You'll soon realized that while we have a ton of women here, we also have some really neat guys that we all love and respect, so I'm sure you'll fit right in.

It's kewl to me to see your interests in food preservation because that's one of my own personal passions. I really look forward to getting to know you better and I'm glad you've joined us here.

Welcome canned....I must ask..what is the processing time for nerd?? (Just teasing....hugs)

Hmmm...

Canned bats, now canned nerd??? shrug

welcome6

Glad you found your way here, and we'll be happy to scoot over and make room for ya!

BTW, as a child, I loved Burl Ives... he reminded me of my Amish grandpa, except Grandpa sure didn't sing about an "Ugly Bug Ball"!!! happy02

bighug

Archived