MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

i'll stay here!

ROSARYCHAPLET

today i went to another board which i was lead to by a link. however i was not happy with the makeup of it. there was definitely too much testosterone. even in the ladies section!!! but my big problem was when i saw the topic HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO TO TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY. for me that's just too far. i want to be in a forum where i can learn to protect myself and my family, prepare for emergencies, etc... not plan to overthrow a government.

LOL I think I know the board you are talking about. There's lots of discussions that show some people are willing to be absolute monsters. I scan and welcome newbies, but don't participate in their discussions. I agree, this is the place to be.

:wave: I agree! I'm here to prepare as best I can for emergencies and to learn how to protect my loved ones and myself from someone who wishes to do us harm (ie. home/personal defense). I may or may not agree with a lot of things that the govt. does but overthrowing govt. isn't in my thoughts or preperations! Some people do tend to take things way too far. I don't even visit those sites nor do I have any desire to do so or communicate with those who do. When all is said and done, I place my trust in the Lord.
:wave: I agree! I'm here to prepare as best I can for emergencies and to learn how to protect my loved ones and myself from someone who wishes to do us harm (ie. home/personal defense). I may or may not agree with a lot of things that the govt. does but overthrowing govt. isn't in my thoughts or preperations! Some people do tend to take things way too far. I don't even visit those sites nor do I have any desire to do so or communicate with those who do. When all is said and done, I place my trust in the Lord.

AMEN

NOW my question is how do i deactivate my account there?

Just for the record, and in the spirit of truthfulness, such conversations have also taken place in certain areas here. But the subject doesn't usually go much beyond a statement of love of country, not all-out anarchy and revolt. And it's not a common train of thought here. (*hush*, Trip... :frying pan: )

As far as deleting an account somewhere, you may find that it can still continue to be a good resource for you. If you don't care for it as a daily resource, maybe you'll just want to go and do a search on your favorite topics say, once a month.

I usually figure the more sites I can scan, the better picture I can get of a subject.

:shrug: Just my 2 cents...

I belonged to another forum before joining here. I had to leave because of the sexual content. What lady wants to hear about someone's wife stripping, or a dead prostitute in the bedroom?

I asked the owner of site to remove me from the membership, but he didn't. I was very nice about it, just stated my reason and didn't expect him to change the site or make the boys behave for me. I don't know what else I can do to get off the list. I checked back a few weeks, and my account is still there. It's been months!

:blink: there are other sites? I've learned so much here that I haven't looked for other sites. I feel safe enough here to know that if I have a question ( even if it's a dumb one) that I can ask, and eventually somebody will answer me. You're stuck with me until you throw me out ;)

I know which one your speaking of as well. I'm a member there too but like Cat mostly just scan about on the topics that interest me. As I'm more of a reader than a poster I just make a point of avoiding those things that sound a bit more rowdy than I'm ready to be.

That being said, they do have some excellent knowledgable people on some of the other sections. I find alot of useful info there, just stay away from the more controversial threads.

Wish we could get a couple of them over here, not the rowdy ones mind you!!

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

I have been a member of a couple other forums and still am on one other, but, when the one changed servers, everyone had to re-register and I just never did. But, I do go there and read sometimes. Of course there are forums I can't get into and that is fine.

This is my home on the net. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

This is the only Survivor/ Prep forum I participate in. I recommended it to a friend and said, "It's not vulgar or mean" and that's what I like about it..besides ALL the GOOD info!!

Most of the other Survivor/Emergency preps sites that I've looked over are by men and ..they are manly...but I haven't seen anything objectionable to me. and I get info and supplies from some of them.

I do like Food Storage Made Easy..it's fun and simple and the little videos are great. THIS is where I find myself most of the time though!! A wonderful source of well-balanced and organized Prep-talk! I like that there are so many subjects to choose from, and we can pick where we want to go.

Good job, Admin and Mods, and Contrubutors!!

I'm not nice! and have been known to start it or wait for Trip to start it so he gets into trouble and I can claim

"Trip started it!!!" :24:

:grinning-smiley-044: It's the truth! I'm an eyewitness!

Been gone awhile, come back, and she is still at it. Causing trouble, stirring dus, and blaming it on Trip again-lol. West will never change. Been at a few sites that I no longer bother with. Some are led by little monarchs, some have no restraints on the language used, and some are just there for the money they can raise. Am a peaceful old Marine but hopefully a fully prepped one. Well, as prepped as can be on a limited income. Those who advocate anarchy/revolution mostly have never tasted the horror of war-especially when it comes to rest on your front door step and family. Bloodshed should be the very last effort to stop tyranny but never ruled out as it is a powerful deterant to the power hungry. wc

I scan, and sometimes post, in one other preparedness board, but this is definitely the one I spend way too much time on! This feels more like family and I learn so much more than I ever could, anywhere else! You know how in other cultures wisdom is passed down generation to generation, mother to daughter, etc...THIS is where I come to hear wisdom. My dear Gram, who was so much smarter than I ever gave her credit for when I was a kid, was a wealth of wisdom and I learned so much from her. She passed away a couple of years ago, but she was my primary source about the 1918 flu (she almost died from it), the great depression (survived it too...and made us learn frugality), etc. *gosh, I miss her!* Anyway, you all are my primary (and secondary) sources now. :D

I've learned so much here, for example, to stay out of the way when Westie has scissors... good knowledge! :P And that Trip gets blamed for a lot of things...

I like this board over the others I've visited too. The people here are just so nice and they are so genuine. I don't see that on other boards.

I go to another board for info...on that board there is a lot of "stuff"...lots of conspiracy stuff, ufo etc etc....Its a good site to get some good info from if you sift through and I've learned to do it...as far as becoming a member...NOPE...no way. This is my home and I have no need for two homes or two families. I love it here!!

Archived