MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wierd Food

WormGuy

:yuk: THAT IS WEIRD!!!.....lol

I eat grapes with a little poppy seed dressing on them at least once a day....today I added sliced strawberries. Everyone thinks it's gross and dh thinks it smells.

Walmart has had all their grapes for 30 cents a lb. so I have been eating ALOT more. I eat either a small chuck of cheddar or some nuts with it and it doesn't affect my blood sugar.

Blessings,

Barbara

I voluntarily eat:

-boiled turnips with butter

-boiled or roasted beets with butter [but I like sweet-pickled better]

-baby beet greens in salad or thrown into whatever

-liver fried in bacon grease with onions

-opihi [in Maui....limpet/shellfish delicacy]

-buttered sandwich with sliced radish

-rhubarb picked fresh and dip the end in a little cup of sugar

-bunch of Korean stuff nobody knows ....but not the kimchee.... :shakinghead: Tooooo spicy!

-waffles with peanut butter, then rolled up to take on the go

Anyone ever had fresh sliced tomatoes sprinkled with sugar? That's an old fashioned way. Also creamed corn, or green beans, or peas or potatoes?

How about grapefruit with salt instead of sugar?

But that's all normal ;) Wormie has the prize so far in truly WEIRD!

MtRider [.....hoping Wormie isn't making sandwiches next weekend! :blink: ]

Maybe i'm wierder (don't think that's a word) than most, but... I like an occasional hog head cheese sandwich with mustard and bread and butter pickles (home canned with onions) or some yummy fried mullet gizzards. I'm afraid if I continue you might not want to be friends with me anymore! When my mom cooked fried squirrel smothered in gravy, she included the head 'cause it was my dad's favorite. I didn't partake, so you can't hold that against me! :feedme: P.S. Do you think I missed my chance to be a star on 'HEE HAW'S" hey Maw- what's fer supper?

I like peanut butter and dill pickle slices on toast! Also fried fish and grits for breaqkfast. Can you tell I'm from the South? Love liver and onions but dh does not. Shredded wheat with butter and milk--hot.

John--my mom used to eat butter and raw onion on white bread. A lot!

-Grilled cheese sandwiches with peanut butter outside--tastes like those snack crackers, except warm.

-I make my mac-n-cheese with powdered milk. Nobody knows so you must can't taste the difference.

-Hot sauce on EVERYTHING.

-Tony Cachere on mac-n-cheese or anything hot.

-Refried beans in my salsa.

-Mashed potato flakes soup-dilute with water or broth and canned or powdered milk, Parmesan cheese, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. If you are rch that week you can add sour cream and shredded cheddar.

-Tunafish, ranch dressing & pickles.

-Grilled bratwurst sandwiches.

-EVERYTHING is better with liver gravy.

-Sliced apples or sliced pineapple on my cheese burger or hamburger in place of tomatoes.

-Ground liver added to the meatloaf recipe.

Hubby is a total mayonaise freak! He eats it with everything! I guess the wierdest things he does is spread mayo on a peanut butter sandwich and uses mayo (instead of catsup) to dip his french fries. In college he survived on mayonaise and potted meat sandwiches... GAG! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!

I have a wierd habit of eating bologna sandwiches on toast with either mustard or BBQ sauce, depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

GirlNextDoor - YUM! Apple or pineapple slices for burgers! I'll try that! I think DH would love it, esp pineapple. And goodness knows, we eat a lot of burgers when I'm rushing like I am right now! :lol: A change of pace would be nice.

MtRider [...taking notes .....um, on SOME of these idea. :rolleyes: ]

Hubby is a total mayonaise freak! He eats it with everything! I guess the wierdest things he does is spread mayo on a peanut butter sandwich and uses mayo (instead of catsup) to dip his french fries. In college he survived on mayonaise and potted meat sandwiches... GAG! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!

My hubby eats the same exact things! He LOVES the mayo!

Although, I have to say that a lot of the foods that people are describing as 'weird' sound really good to me! The tuna with ranch and pickles could be the start of a good tuna salad!

I don't think this is weird, but dh does: I love to make a salad with a little lettuce, black olives, sliced beets and then pile on cottage cheese, ranch dressing, olive oil, vinegar and sunflower seeds.

- A pickle wrapped in a slice of corned beef spread with cream cheese.

- Leftover spaghetti sauce on saltine crackers.

- Piece of bread with butter and sugar sprinkled on top. (not so much anymore, since I'm trying to eat better).

ok, I grew up eating this as a kid and still like it today. My dad would make it for us in the hot summer as dinner. 1 chilled can of pork and beans, add 1 can tuna, 1 T sweet relish, some chopped onions. mix well and serve on a lettuce leaf. You can also add some cheese to the mix.

some of my favs--peanut butter and syrup--on bread or in a bowl really runny

love really cheap bisuits (like 4 for a dollar rolls) cooked and covered in syrup--kinda like soup

hubby puts peanut butter on doughnuts and microwaves them

kids take cold (leftover) spaghetti and put it on toast and eat spaghetti sandwitches

the whole family puts flavored chips--like sour cream and onion, bbq, cheetos, etc on sandwitches

ummm i'm hungry--where's the syrup??? :rolleyes:

A person I know likes to dip french fries in chocolate milk shakes.

:yuk:

Oh, I LOVE this! It doesn't have to be just chocolate, either. I started out when I was a kid, dipping french fries in Wendy's Frostys. So good! Actually, the last time I dipped my french fries was Wednesday, in a Frosty root beer float. :D

Archived