MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It is officially Christmas Day!!

SueC

It is Christmas morning - and we have opened some presents and had breakfast, now we are off to church.

Wishing you all an awesome Christmas day (sorry you have to wait longer than we do :) )

Merry Christmas, Sue! Yes, but we still have the excitement of Christmas Eve ahead of us! The roast is in the oven - smells wonderful! Most of the house is clean and trimmed with greenery and lights, and now a bit of downtime before the guests arrive!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Our DD and her family are going to his parents' home tomorrow, so we went this afternoon. Had lasagna, salad, cheesecake :happy0203: , and other stuff. We had NO IDEA what to make since everything is different this year, so we just did what was convenient.

Dear Grandson opened the cardboard blocks we bought for him. Tomorrow he'll get the similar set from his parents, but ours were all large-sized. http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Monkey-Toys-1016-building/dp/B001J8FEB2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1324772623&sr=8-5

It was almost as much fun watching all the adults trying to figure out how to put them together!!! :24:

But then the 18-month-old found out how much fun blocks can be... watching us build them up, letting him deliberately knock them down, setting them up like dominoes to fall in order, making him a "chair", a "wall" around him... just lots of fun for all of us! :lol:

He missed his nap, so he was getting pretty tired. But he knew as soon as we left, he'd fall asleep, so he didn't want us to go. Grandma was "old hat" when his 15 YO aunt entered... he adores her, and Grandma he sees every week. But when we were putting our coats on to leave, he ran over to me and tried to pull my coat open/off so I wouldn't go!! :wub:

Tomorrow will be low-key, just two kids, DH and I, but it will be nice. I had a terrible time with gifts this year... I've had nothing but trouble getting what I wanted *when* I wanted them. DS's gift hasn't even been shipped from Amazon yet. :mad: LilDD's first got a wrong item, which they fixed and let me keep the wrong one, but then a second item won't work as it should, so I'll have to return it.

But the focus isn't on gifts, just on being together to celebrate Christ's birth.

May each of you be greatly blessed and surrounded with love.

If you're alone, come and we'll give you some hugs... grouphugg.gif

treelights.gif

holidaycat.gif teehee.gif

Merry Christmas!!!

What a wonderful Christmas Eve I had and I am looking forward to today. My 'baby' twin brothers came in!!! They are not little any more. I have not seen both of them together in over 10 years. It is so very hard to put into words the joy I feel in my heart being with them again. One brother brought his 4 & 7 year old children. The 7 year old walked through the house, looked up at me and asked, "Where's the rest of your house?" LOL. "This is it, we have a little house, dear."

We will skype with my sister later today, since we were unable to go visit her due to her health. (She got out of the hospital last week with MSRA and goes tomorrow for her next round of chemo treatments.)

Our herb & pepper crusted roast is going to be cooked in the BBQ, my oven, with a ham. (MIL's contribution, God bless her.)

I wish that each and every one of you, has a Blessed day!

We had a wonderful Christmas here too. Except for the fact I could not get on line the entire day. MSN, which I've been trying to delete since it reared its ugly head, blocked me. Today I got on just fine. :wacko: So, I didn't get to wish you all a Merry Christmas. But you were all in my heart.

My son came over in the afternoon and fixed my sink which had been leaking and gave me a Kindle. :wub: We ate, watched TV, ate, took a ride, ate some more etc. He went home and found out he had locked himself out of his house. :D So it was mommy to the rescue. :008Laughing:

We had a fun day with lots of love and laughs.

I hope everyone had the same!

:santa: Merry post-Christmas, everyone. The MtRider family has had a whirlwind week. First: DH FINALLY got the change in job schedule we've been NEEDING badly. Has worked overnights for 8 months and ....we're toooo old for that. He'd be gone for 24 hrs at a time twice a week. :0327: Now he works 2-10pm [gets home later tho with wrap-up and commute time] Does his chiro office 2 days which is also afternoon/evenings so it's similar to the new schedule of the 2ne job. In order to get one whole day off per week, he works 3 days with that schedule and a double [a mere 16 hrs instead of 24] one day. [MtRider is counting on her fingers to see if 2+3+double+day off = one week.... :rolleyes: ]

One bad thing: He keeps SCARING ME :wacko: so bad...cuz I'm confused about when he's home. I've been alone so much (or he'd be sleeping) that I've 'bout had a heart-attack multiple times already. :blink: I'm going to put a bell around his neck!!

His whole day off was Christmas eve. :darlenedance: His double shift was Christmas day.... :shrug: oh well. He helped to make that day merry for the kids who could not go home even for that special day.

Terrible snowy weather arrived with my brother/niece mid-week. They had some delay but were safely here. Our family activity centered at my folks house. I haven't been home since except to do animal chores and sleep. It's been subZERO temperatures every night too. :frozen: Glad I had help most nights cuz I'd get delivered home late after a day of family fun. Feeding chores at 18 degrees BELOW ZERO is not fun. :shakinghead:

With my brother to drive, we took long car excursions thru the snowy mts. with breathtaking views. Turned my dad's hair a little whiter [if possible] on one of the routes. ;) My bro and dear neice teased me endlessly [but good-naturedly] about my emergency bag(s)... :rolleyes: I was nearly wishing we'd had to use some stuff! :happy0203: But then, my neice arrive in a blizzard without at coat. "I didn't have room in the suitcase cuz of all the presents we were bringing," she said. :rolleyes: I rolled my eyes at her and kept bringing an extra coat for her - which she never wore. :lol: I paid them back by giving them gifts like 100 hr candles and "hot spot" resuable hot packs. :whistling:

So today I'm trying to take it easy. My couch is stacked with the refuse/packaging of last minute arrivals via UPS. The small floor space is taken up with boxes that transported recieved gifts, goodies, and such from my folk's house. My fridge is full of ham.....which we inadvertantly ended up with in ABUNDANCE. :laughkick: That's a story! My crockpot is simmering a ham, bean, lentil, onion, celery-type soup. :cook: The sun is shining and we're above freezing today. Life is good.

MtRider :amen:

Archived