MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Buying a house!!

I have no idea why my post was posted befor I was finished, oh well... here's the rest of the story...

Escrow should close mid September, possably sooner. Even now I'm chomping at the bit to get everything packed and move in ASAP!!

Pray for us as we get ready to move and make the house a home!

Robie

Congratulations! I will never forget the day we signed for ours. I don't think I've signed my name so much in my life. As great a feeling as it was, I was also feeling very 'poor' because it was the only time in my life I've written a check for about $10k. :)

I couldn't be happier for you! :happy0203:

Finally! After a few months of searching the wife and I have opened escrow on a house! :darlenedance::woohoo::cele:

Congratulations!

May I suggest keeping your homeowners deductible small for the first year or two? As you haven't been in control of the house, you never know what little things that may be lurking...the home inspector doesn't catch everything...

...yes, learned by experience (but I at least had the smaller deductible...)

:cheer: YAAAYY!!!! :cheer:

Congratulations to you and your family! Like C4C, I remember the writer's cramp from signing my name so many darn times. By the time the house was ours, my signature didn't even look like mine anymore! On the way out of the building to find our car in the parking lot, I remember me whispering in disbelief to my husband, 'We just bought a house!'

The moment was HUGE!!!

:woohoo: And yours will be, too! :woohoo:

I rememder very well the first house we bought. I was scared half to death. We always said if we ever got our own home the first thing we were going to get was a puppy. I was so worried we wouldn't be able to afford to feed one after the house payments.

We got brave and got a beagle anyway and she lived 13+ years and was very well fed. :eclipsee_Victoria: