MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Annarchy, dinner turned out OK. Not outstanding. I think I will need to practice with the solar oven a bit to master it. But it was OK for a first time use experiment.

Edited by Cowgirl
I hate autocorrect!
  • Like 2

Went to visit my folks for Father's day.  .....each holiday, we wonder if one or more will be gone by the next time 'round.  Today my dad looked considerably aged to me.   :sigh:   But we brought lunch [liver and onions and pie] from the diner.  They weren't up to meeting there on a busy day.  So we got take-out.  It works.  Wasn't real hot, which their house gets thru much of the summer.  

Hey Annarchy.  We did catch a bit of that rain system.  :cheer:  Drove in driving rain for a few miles coming home.  Disappointed not to see water puddles when we got home....wet but no puddles.  The monsoon just takes a bit to get really started each year.  

I slept well ....counting my deep breaths to get to sleep seems to work.  :sheeple::sheeple::sheeple:  My O2 is still down....

MtRider  ....RESTING now.  Low key but ambitious for me.  :0327: 

• Like 2

I count when I'm trying to fall asleep too. Slow deep in and out breaths. I must drift off occasionally because I'll be up in the 30's and the next thing I know I'm counting fif-teen, six-teen... Wonder if the altitude is messing with your O2?

It was so hot here today. I think it got up to 93. Supposed to be the same tomorrow and my grass needs mowed again. It might have to wait another day or two. I got the mower filled up with gas today so it's ready. I did a little (very little) rearranging in the garage this evening. It was getting tight maneuvering around the mower and Jeep. I sure don't want to fall again either. I have a fan for the garage but it's buried among the other "treasures" out there.

• Like 2

I do deep, slow breathing to fall asleep too. I visualize my body being heavy and sinking into the bed. I tighten muscle groups and then relax and let go. I visualize letting go of everything that happened during the day. I visualize breathing out my thoughts, letting go of thought with each breath. It helps to get me out of thinking, to-do lists, etc. Good way to relax and ease into sleep 

• Like 3

I hear that TheCG. I lived in SW Texas and was pregnant. Misery!  Miz-er-REEE  I tell ya.

It's gonna be another scorcher here today. It was already 85 degrees at 9:00am. I decided to go ahead and mow the grass. We are supposed to get storms tonight and tomorrow so the earliest I could probably do it would be Wed. or Thurs. and it was already too high. I'm glad it's done. I can't believe how tired I get sitting on a mower. Bumpy yard and no power steering probably adds to it. My back is killing me.

I need to go to the pharmacy, when it cools down, to pick up that Voltaren Gel I had the doctor prescribe. They had to order it. At least now with Medicare I get 3 months of meds at a time. 

I do that visualization too. I didn't sleep one wink again last night. Hopefully I can stay awake today so I can go to bed early tonight.If nothing happens I'll take an Ambien. I don't like to but that's what I got them for. I don't like being sleep deprived either. I'm not sure why they are such a controlled substance. Prescription yes but they guard them like Fort Knox. All they do to me is allow me to fall asleep. Maybe it's a low dose. Don't know. It is the generic. I'm surprised they gave me 90 of them since I don't take them often.

I might treat myself to Olive Garden spaghetti and salad tonight. I've got a hankerin'.

Edited by Jeepers
No paragraphs. My computer is being a knucklehead today.
  • Like 2

Left around 11pm to go kayaking. Didn’t catch anything, but DH got a picture of a bald eagle sitting on a rock at the waters edge, as dawn lit up the sky. Saw 7 falling stars and admired the Milky Way most of the night. 

I tried to to nap before we left, didn’t work out too well. 

Tired, going to enjoy watching the inside of my eyelids. ? 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

It helps to get me out of thinking, to-do lists, etc

LOL....yeah, I'm finding that benefit of counting deep breaths too.  Jeepers, RE getting counting mixed up:   I figured out real quick that I can't keep counting upwards.  I get mixed up and distracted.  So I count to 20 only.  Then I restart at ONE.  If I lose count, I take a guess.....ahem, suppressing OCD impulse to have the CORRECT COUNT  :rolleyes:  .....or just start over.  It's been working REALLY WELL.  :sleep1: 

:pray:  that you sleep tonite, Jeepers!  Sooo frustrating and DRAINING to have insufficient sleep!  :(

EXCEPT if it's cuz you went night kayaking!!!  :happy0203:  .....pssst, G'Night Annarchy.  Night kayaking is fun.  We wore chem lights around our neck with a string.  Would go out on ocean with a full moon. Absolutely astounding!  Our landing site was well lit with Christmas lights.  Hey...good idea to light the inside the translucent kayak!!!  That would be a really neat affect....be more visible...and yes, draw fish.

MtRider  ....Wow, we got RAIN later last nite.  :amen: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 4

Night kayaking sounds amazing! I used to go for moonlit horseback rides --haven’t in a long time though. We do go for evening walks,  not super late night for those — just twilight walks mostly. We count the white tails we encounter. Sometimes we stay out after twilight for star gazing. But kayaking sounds fun. :)

• Like 2

Yeah, that OCD thing gets me too. I use one count per breath though. So the single digits trip me up big time until I can get to thir-inhale...teen-exhale. Four-inhale...teen-exhale. I should start at twen-inhale...tee-exhale but Mr. OCD says I must start at the beginning. Then the ADD kicks in and questions why. I try to let ADD and OCD battle it out but I usually get sucked into the drama. Squirrel! And I'm off to something else very 'important' at 4 O'clock in the morning. See a pattern there.

Did you notice I put ADD before OCD. Why? Because 'A' comes before 'O' in the alphabet of course. Oh, TheCG is probably laughing her butt of right about now. :cheeky-smiley-067:

Kayaking sounds so refreshing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did not catch fish, or sunburn, or too many waves from other boats.  In fact, we didn't see a boat on the water until dawn, that was wonderful.  However, the water was warm, warmer than my wet feet.  I did catch a chill and my other fishing line.  :grinning-smiley-044:  DH found a small 6 inch striped black bass barely alive, floating on the surface, we let it go and it slowly swam away.  We've decided the water is too icky on that lake and are making plans to go to the next lake above it.  Cleaner, cooler water and more bank area.  Most of the shore line on Saguaro lake is large boulders and rocks.  Not many places to pull over, if you need to stretch your legs.

Glad you got some rain, Mt_Rider.  It's amazing what a little rain can do.  The little apple tree sprouted a couple of leaves at ground level. 

The movement on the water didn't allow DH's pictures to come out very clear, but it's clear enough.  Also, here is the picture of the deer we saw the last time we kayaked.

DSCF1666 (2).JPG

DSCF1652 (3).JPG

• Like 4

Awesome pictures!  I've watched some eagle live cams from egg to fledge and I learned a lot about birds.

I got some angle hair pasta and a salad tonight. It hit the spot. I called in the order so it would be ready when I got there. I got there and they forgot to make it. I didn't really mind as I wasn't doing anything any way. She offered me 10% off or another item. Holy smokes. I got the black tie chocolate mousse pie. Drool. She gave me extra sauce and 4 extra bread sticks too. I think she was worried I was going to complain but I told her it was no big deal. Stuff happens. Wasn't life or death. She took care of me. Pasta tonight and salad tomorrow. Two good meals for $9.99 and I didn't have to cook.

They have TV's set up in there and a commercial for Wendy's came on. They have a summer salad with grilled chicken and strawberries and blueberries and what looked like cheese and vinegrette (sp) dressing. It looked delicious. Maybe next week...

Got my pain gel. I'll use it tomorrow and see if it helps any.

It is still stifling hot outside. Almost takes your breath away.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Because 'A' comes before 'O' in the alphabet of course.

:whistling:   .....um, yeah.....what a surprise answer  to WHY 'ADD' comes before 'OCD'.  I certainly wouldn't have ANTICIPATED that reasoning.... Nope.  :behindsofa: 

Counting from one to 12....  Inhale ...think "breathe".  Exhale ...think "one".  Inhale ...think "breathe".  Exhale ...think "two".   By the time I get to the "Thir"......and "Teen", I've reminded myself to 'breathe deeply' enough times that I can just do the two-syllable numbers in inhale/exhale. 

And anyone who doesn't follow what Jeepers and I are saying......give thanks that you don't!!  :lol:  :cheeky-smiley-067:

Love the eagle pic, Annarchy.  That must have been amazing in person.  Those birds are SO HUGE! 

DH and I FINALLY      :band:  :band2:  began to empty the Circus Tent today.  Made some good progress and, as always, there are things to be discarded/thrown out.  He's unexpectedly had 5 days off in a row.....which has given us time to rest, see my folks for Father's day, and catch UP a bit!  Hoping I'm in shape tomorrow too.....cuz it goes 8 times faster with two of us than one of us.   We do well together in ways that separate we can't.  He knows about some things/me others.  I know where some things must go....he wouldn't have a clue.  It works...WHEN we can arrange to work together! 

MtRider  .....hoping to accomplish more tomorrow!!!!  :pray: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, it's after 1:30am and I'm still going strong.

It's storming here and I finally turned the air on so upstairs is nice and cool. It's time to break out the big guns and get some sleep. I'm not going to go for 3 nights in a row with no sleep. Time to establish a new routine...again. :offtobed:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Today we were going to cut a half dead tree (lightning struck it looks like) but the chain was dull on the saw (already had sharpened it several times) so M had to run get another from WalMart.  This morning's picking of the garden was exciting...the big tomatoes are ripening!  M does not eat the cherry tomatoes, so tonight we had our bestest summer menu - grilled NY strip steaks, fresh tomato slices and fresh cucumber salad.   Tomorrow we drop that tree.  When we come in from the heat, I'll process our growing heap of zucchini for freezing and grab some of last year's from the freezer for zucchini bread. M keeps trying to share doughnuts with me...zucchini bread will at least be a tad healthier.  On pension payday 

I want to go to the little farm stand and get some of their raw honey.  Since my parents kept bees I grew up using it and I crave it - real honey, not the processed stuff.  Besides, I want to make some granola, the store stuff is stupid-expensive and often has soy added, which I don't want.  Easy fix.   Since I found where we packed my mung beans I can start a batch  fresh sprouts while I'm at it.  Nobody in the grocery stores (even the health food sections) has an inkling of what bean sprouts or even alfalfa sprouts are around here.  They keep telling me to check the 'gardening department' to buy sprouting seeds.      Ay-ay-ay-ay-ay!

• Haha 2

Prepping to go to TX tomorrow. Most everything is ready, only a few little things left to do, like wash the car. DH has frozen meals, laundry is almost done, then, I will pack tonight. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Prepping to go to TX tomorrow. Most everything is ready, only a few little things left to do, like wash the car. DH has frozen meals, laundry is almost done, then, I will pack tonight. 

Safe travels, @Annarchy. I need to accomplish several things outside, but it is sprinkling rain and there is lightning in the area, so I came inside. Meanwhile, inside, my computer decided to do a long, LONG, LOOONG update, so I can't get any work done.   I am afraid to unplug the computer due to the update. I hope the surge protector is sufficient.

Finally got the tree dropped and our artistic friend came by to look at it and immediately got excited and said "I WANT THAT WOOD!"  OK then.....it turned out to be a silver maple, nice light colored wood even when varnished.

We started in the morning, but temps got the better of us quickly.  Got it felled and bout half cleaned up before the heat index over 100 degrees suggested we quit for a spell.  I have to go get a CT of my back this afternoon anyway.  My doc thinks she can help me stand straighter and walk better, so I agreed to have a crack at it.

I hope they got better music for the headphones this time.  Last time I asked for classical and got Beatles and Beach Boys instead of Beethoven and Bach.  Maybe I will ask for opera this time and see what I get....

Edited by kappydell
  • Haha 1

Oye....who turned out the lights in here?  I'm stumbling and searching and can't find anything.  The "unread messages" has gone MISSING.  Must be having a vacation with the chat box and a dozen other things that are not showing up.  ?????  Wha....What happened?  And Annarchy is enroute to TX.  We're not 'down' but ...watch out, y'all.  Trying to find new messages is ...taxing. 

The 'furniture' is allllll rearranged! 

MtRider  :behindsofa:  ....or is it just my system???  :scratchhead:  

1 hour ago, Mt_Rider said:

Oye....who turned out the lights in here?  I'm stumbling and searching and can't find anything.  The "unread messages" has gone MISSING.  Must be having a vacation with the chat box and a dozen other things that are not showing up.  ?????  Wha....What happened?  And Annarchy is enroute to TX.  We're not 'down' but ...watch out, y'all.  Trying to find new messages is ...taxing. 

I have been using my phone to access, mostly, as my computer got hi-jacked with an update from Hades. The phone access seems normal.

1 hour ago, Mt_Rider said:

:scratchhead: I haven't done anything.... yet  I do the update right now.................