MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

I had my first smoked elk ( thick slices of a roast piece) on Thanksgiving. I did not care for who's method about cooking the turkey at their place ..... don't recommend their method at all...... but the elk, done by a hunter family was excellent, and they gave me two big pieces to take home!

I discovered they want to do heirloom seed gardening and another old friend here does, big garden, and a newer friend does so maybe we can exchange seeds over time! I will be teaching my neighbors, where I had TDay dinner at, about basic gardening.

I will be shoveling loosed up dirt from the dozer, ditch digger situation in the back yard today as its sunny and not windy. Will bundle up , its cold.

I started my knee socks, knitting so working on getting some knitting in this morning, before dishes and brunch since I did not eat breakfast yet, then will do dishes, and go dig dirt. Going to collect some too for potting soil mixing.

:lol: Cool picture, Sass. Pretty yarn. And yes, we love elk. Used to get some when hunter friends cleared their freezer before the next hunting season. :feedme:

Today's weather is fine, Cecilia. More "S" predicted for our state thru the week tho.... :frozen:

Annarchy, Grrr is loving that bed! :wub: You folks drive safe! :pray:

Yesterday wore me out. :0327: Neeeed to do laundry but ....I'll wait to see if my early evening energy is better than right now. Often is. Better be. I gotta feed tonite.

MtRider ....warmish, sunny day. :wave:

Today is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It is state law that you MUST watch the annual Auburn-Alabama game. Although I usually root for Alabama (currently the National champion) I won't be too upset if Auburn wins. Princess Sr. is going to Auburn this year and also is in their band. Right now while the game is on, the roads are nearly deserted..restaurants have no waiting and home toilets flush in unison during commercials. I am not kidding. It is that big of a deal here.

Tonight will be a turkey free meal to give poor DH a break. lol..he can't take any more turkey.

I will have to do laundry tomorrow..no choice in the matter.

"home toilets flush in unison during commercials"

:coffeescreen:

That's hilarious but....I can imagine it! Not in our household but I've seen the mania! :cheer:

I'm not doing much......well, except 2+ loads of dishes, a huge load of whites :clothesline: and I have to find places to hang sox/undies INSIDE cuz we've been subzero at nite and takes long time to warm up in sunlight. Then too, the horse care just multiplied by 10 now that we have snow/cold/no grass to graze. At least the creek is still running so we don't have to mess with the water tank.

Idiot NINNY has to be led across that 6" creek every feeding now. :scratchhead: She's doing the same when DH is feeding. Somehow she keeps getting over it but then won't cross back when she's supposed to be eating her Senior Food. Her partner would love to eat her food....AND alllll the hay if she doesn't come across. Sheeeeeesh! Not sure what to do about this new development. Have to walk half way across the pasture to get her a place to cross. It's wearing me out.....and annoying me. Then I still have to walk the dog.....on nice smooth gravel road. The pasture is much more taxing for my balance! <_<

So....okay, I am still doing things. Wondered why I'm feeling like jello.

MtRider :imoksmiley:

Good Morning. :)

Hoping everyone has a great day.

Heading home today. I'll be packing up the car once the sun comes up.

I am hoping the wind lets up some. The news forecast said it may be snowing around Silver City, NM. Hopefully, it won't progress south to I-10, at least until after we pass through.

Grrr is snoring, I think he likes his new bed. :D

attachicon.gifIMG_2015.JPG

Love them puppy-snuggles!

Made a return to Menards to get a bigger sized dog sweater for Abby-girl. We bought one sweater and a coat, but the coat was too small to close under her tummy. They were sold out so she's only got the sweater...but...she also has the one I fumbled around and crocheted for her :-) Then made a stop at Aldi's for some 69 cent eggs. Then to the homestead house. Got all the windows bubble wrapped and sealed with clear plastic. Hung the two 6' clothes rods across the livingroom window. We bought more garment bags for them. We keep our coats (lots of them) hung safely where we can get to them if we need them, and tape the "neck" of the garment bag for safety. Will be un-vacuuming our winter clothes and re-vacuuming our summer clothes also. Bought some cheapy totes to put the space-type bags in. Also stocked up on several boxes of mothballs. I'll be distributing them generously all around the upstairs area. Tomorrow we'll winterize the apartment since we won't use the plumbing in the kitchen or the bathroom. Never a dull moment in our lives :-)

I have arrived safely home. To sleep in my own bed instead of a couch and my own firm pillow. Mom likes her pillows on the mushy side.

We felt the same way! Home..... our king bed, not a double bed..... I got a very restful nights sleep.

:D

MIL hinted at me to put up her Christmas tree, but I ran out of time and energy. She said she will get her cousin to do it. We won't decorate our house because .... Since FIL passed on Christmas Day, it isn't a time of celebration. MIL mopes and cries all day. * Sigh *

Time to get some things taken care of.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day.

DS1 and I filled the crock pot to make fridge broth. Turkey carcass, daikon, celery, onions, salsa, ginger, butternut, parsley, mushrooms. Even without a carrot in the mix, this is going to be hearty.

....hey, I think I can smell it from here. I'm HUNGRY! DH at work till late. I planned on making pasta something.... {had the idea earlier and it's gone blipped outta my head! } <_< Needed to use up some things..... :scratchhead:

MtRider ....gonna find some crackers or something till I can figure this out. :cook:

Mmmm, Ambergris, that sounds good.

Momo, that's the way MIL & DH are, football fanatics in a big way. They are real passionate about all the Thanksgiving day games. And any other day. Lol

We had baked chicken, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.

And, it's raining with a cold wind. Snow in the mountains.

Ferrets and Grrr are snuggled in. They do that when the weather turns cold.

And, I'm getting ready to snuggle under the covers.

Answering the phone. I wonder if there is a working telephone in India that doesn't have my number? Crimony.

I finally got tired of this one company that was calling me everyday and sometimes twice a day. I hang up on them and turned them in to the Do Not Call people with no results. He is selling burial insurance. I told him I didn't need any because I'm not dead yet. He laughed and said No-No-No-it's for after you are dead. I tried to explain to him that after I'm dead I won't need anything including insurance. He said what about my loved ones. I told him they were all alive and well so they probably don't need any burial insurance either. Things took an ugly turn. He said something, I assume in Hindi, and hung up on me. It's been 3 days and I haven't heard from him. I hope "Zack" is okay.

I just got a call and the caller ID said it was from a local prominent car dealer. Of course it wasn't. This yahoo wanted to know about my Social Security and Medicare benefits. Darn funny the first time I ever checked into my benefits in 64.5 years, and five days later the calls start. Well, Thurs. - Fri. - Sat. - Sun. they were closed so I guess it was only a day and a half. :rolleyes:

Even the calls from India are using my area code number instead of the 800 ones now.

The burial guy (Zack) even told me my first and last name, age, birthday, address and of course he has my phone number too. Creepy.

I wonder if it's legal to assume someone else's identity to the extent of having their number show up when you dial.

I don't know but I turned it in to the Do Not Call website. The ID number came up in the suburb where this car dealership is. When I looked up the number it came up in the same suburb but under a different name. The street address is a very short street that looks industrial. It didn't give a street number, just a street name. I looked up the woman's name that has the number and that name is the name of an actress. An actress I didn't recognize. Not unusual for me though because I don't know most of the Hollywood names.

I've had scammers call here and my own number has shown up on the caller ID.

Cecilia....do you have a regular headache or are you sick and have a headache. Cuz the week before Thanksgiving, DH and I both had a mild sort of illness that included blasting, reoccurring headaches. Otherwise some head congestion and a big whopping portion of general malaise. :0327: Might be something going around CO. ??? [DH never gets headaches, btw....tho I have them a lot, this was different.]

MtRider :(