MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

:coffeescreen: The bank teller's reaction is so silly! One can find clothes with the price tags still on. I have a friend that says: If you wash it once - it's used! Thrift store shopping has absolutely ruined me for shopping elsewhere. :lol: Hope you have a good treasure hunt! :santa:

MtRider ...taking the day slowly. Not particularly sore anywhere. :blink::amen::amen:

Glad you're feeling pretty ok today, Mt. Rider! Sounds like a rough afternoon, you had! Not much going on here. Just doing holiday help at the dairy and trying to keep up with DH and ebay. Right now Molly (big dog) is sitting on DH's lap and I can't tell which is snoring louder! They are both working it!

Pesky wabbits. Those cute little fuzzy butts can sure cause a lot of damage.

I ran a couple of errands today and got some bills mailed out. I finally got a box mailed too. First I got the boxes then I didn't have enough tape. I couldn't pack up the box because I didn't have enough tape to secure the bottom of the box. Then the P.O. was closed on Friday because of Veteran's Day. Of course the longer I waited to send it the more time I had to fill it. Vicious cycle. I found the cutest little long sleeve flannel shirt that is a onsie and a little pair of jeans. Also a camo hoodie. That kid dresses better than I do.

I ended up back home with 2 containers of broccoli cheese soup. Not sure how that happened, cough-cough. I unpacked a throw that I bought at K-Mart last week. O.M.G. It's one of those fuzzy over sized deals and I swear that it feels like powder. I may not move from this chair the rest of the day. I'm going to get another one to snuggle up with incase something happens to this one. I really can't believe how soft this thing is.

You know the rule..."one is none, two is one" ! LOL

Oh my! I'm kind of afraid of horses. They're so much bigger than me and I don't understand how their minds work. Glad you were not hurt.

Looks like we've got a bit of smoke from all the wildfires raging west and south of us. Thousands of acres have burned and still burning in western NC, southwestern VA, eastern KY and TN. Even wildfires in coastal areas of NC, SC and GA.

DD1 and DSIL are planning to come for the weekend. We ladies plan to do our annual Goodwill shopping trip. Mom gives us each $20 and we shop GW and SA for Christmas gifts for ourselves and our men from Mom for Christmas. Mom loves this so much and it's fun for us too. A couple years ago, I was in Mom's bank withdrawing the cash for this outing and the very-well dressed bank teller was so friendly and pleasant. I mentioned that we were going for our annual Christmas GW shopping trip. Her eyebrows shot up and she visibly withdrew from me as if she were trying not to be contaminated. I had a good laugh after I got back in my car. Now every time I go in that bank, she is quite frosty. I guess I just revealed to her that I was not in her class. :) I just think it's funny. I am not ashamed of shopping at Goodwill.

Let somebody else "take the hit" for buying new :-) About the only thing we buy new are MrWE2's jeans and work pants.

It's "that time of year" when the faster we go the behinder we get? Been moving things over to the Homestead gradually while MrWE2 works. This past week I did get 7 pints of beef tenderloin canned up, 19# of 91% hamburger vacuum sealed and in the freezer, 7 pints of of salsa and 1 pints of taco sauce canned up. Stepped into the back pantry room and the rack where we keep all our winter/flannel shirts broke and we have no place to put them here. So...we took all our heavy winter coats out to Miss B and moved the winter shirts to the coat rack in the patio room. Still got stuff slung all over the place so ... I'm guessing I'll have plenty of work tomorrow while MrWE2 is working. Abby-girl loves taking a ride with me in Miss B though and romping all over the Homestead house and back yard and garden area. If I'm there for a long time I open the gate to her front yard and she had a ball running to and fro, then into the mud room, up the stairs to the apartment, then down and into the house. Sily girl :24:

Dogs are so funny when they get the 'zoomie' thing. Like they are really going somewhere important...fast.

I should have washed this soft behemoth throw before using it though. I am full of fuzz. :grinning-smiley-044:

Another near close call Mt. Rider? That's too many in a row. :hug3:

I didn't do a dang thing today except cleaning out the computer and searching for some more pictures for a jigsaw puzzle creator program. That is taking more time than I wanted it to. I need to empty my paper recycle bin again. I'll do that tomorrow when I go out. It's full, as usual, and I have quite a lot of cardboard to toss too.

No close calls today.... Kept things low key. Opted out of the activities of niece's last day. DH and I rested today. DH works the next 4 days at least. But we joined them tonite for the sombrero restaurant. It was nice and they did bring the big hat for her. It was obvious that my elderly parents, DH and I ....and even the gals were getting more than a bit fatigued from all the activities. It's been fun but I've had a better time by not attending everything. It's too bad to miss things but especially this visit, I'm just not able.

My coordination is waaay off despite riding yesterday. I nearly knocked my dad's glasses off tonite, reaching past him. Can't find my own hands/feet, etc. Argh! We came home after only 3 hrs tonite and I felt like I'd run a marathon. Have been reading in bed nearly all day before that .....and am returning to it now. :reading:

:behindsofa: I've heard the "S" word for parts of CO tomorrow. First time....or did we have a touch of it in early October? Anyway, despite very cold at nite, it's been a gorgeous fall. Winter is LATE and I'm very OK with that! :bounce::happy0203:

MtRider ....me and bed and books [ebooks or paper] ....need some quality time together now that the excitement is over. :rolleyes:

My mom stopped asking me where I get my nice outfits. She knows that it's usually GW. :hapydancsmil:

I'm back to working around the homestead once again. The gash in the forehead set me back almost 2 weeks. Some of it was pain, some of it not wanting to bend over, and some of it letting the super-glued wound heal without stitches.

Cold weather coming. It's MtRider's fault. It's coming from her direction. :grinning-smiley-044:

lol Homesteader, thanks for the smile and I am pleased to hear you are doing better. Mt_Rider must have sent some "S" our way, the weather forecasters said northern AZ might get some too.

We haven't heard from the repair shop what it's going to take to repair the car and I haven't caught that rabbit yet.

I have been preparing the animal packs for Thanksgiving and am pulling out and washing our 'cold' weather/winter clothes. Our evenings and nights have finally been down under 60 and I get chilled. Yeah, I know, 60? Sure beats over 100 every day. :D

The hens are laying 7 eggs every other day and I am trying to find a use for all those eggs. Our neighbors don't eat that much either.

Well, dawn is breaking and I am going to take my coffee and go watch the new day appear on my porch swing.

Hoping everyone has a blessed day.

I'm barefoot, but I'm wearing long sleeves. :)

The concrete truck is here, pouring my new walkway. I have hired several persons over the past 20-some years to do this job, and it's finally getting done.

:lol: Well MtRider's state of CO DEFINITELY is seeing "S" today. This afternoon as I was sweeping it off the steps in front of DH...it was filling in behind me fast. He was heading to work and it's way too dangerous to tramp on top of snow on our treacherous stairs. Makes ICE! So....I had to sweep my way back UP the stairs too. :sigh: Winter is here.

But hey.....we got the STUFF from the Pacific Northwest and Canada.......and just GENEROUSLY passing it along to the rest of you.... :wave:

Our young visitors left early this morning. I think they escaped just in time. It was nice to be out & about with them but .....sheeesh! :imoksmiley:

Now I'm resting. And sweeping "S" off the steps and porch. And of the vehicle. Van does not have working windshield wipers. Guess I'll hang my head out the side window.... {Hmph, Koa has more fun with that...}

Forecast is for warming back up. :cheer::cele: That gets my vote!!!!

MtRider :santa:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Snow? Yikes, Mt. Rider Seems early to me, maybe not! Have safe travels, Cecilia! And congratulations on your walk way, Ambergris! It's so good to get something done that you've been waiting on!

Went for a mammogram today at the local hospital and then went and bought a turkey and a few groc. Tomorrow, I have to go to Walmart and then hope to not drive farther than the dairy (half mile) for the next week or more! Posting now, and then going to google farther and further! Never sure about those two!

Edited by snapshotmiki

lol Homesteader, thanks for the smile and I am pleased to hear you are doing better. Mt_Rider must have sent some "S" our way, the weather forecasters said northern AZ might get some too.

We haven't heard from the repair shop what it's going to take to repair the car and I haven't caught that rabbit yet.

I have been preparing the animal packs for Thanksgiving and am pulling out and washing our 'cold' weather/winter clothes. Our evenings and nights have finally been down under 60 and I get chilled. Yeah, I know, 60? Sure beats over 100 every day. :D

The hens are laying 7 eggs every other day and I am trying to find a use for all those eggs. Our neighbors don't eat that much either.

Well, dawn is breaking and I am going to take my coffee and go watch the new day appear on my porch swing.

Hoping everyone has a blessed day.

Put your eggs (4 at a time?) in your blender, then pour them into a qt. size baggie. Push as much air as you can out and then put that baggie in another baggie and push as much air out as possibe...then lay them flat in your freezer, layer upon layer. Ours kep for months and months. When I want some, I pull a baggie out, sit in some warm water to thaw and into the skillet they go :-)

Sorted out that back pantry-room and tried to re-organize things. Took my time doing it too! LOL MrWE2 stopped by to clean up a razor cut he got while working on cleaning paint from windows at the work site. Grabbed the T-tree oil, then betodine and then a bandaide. Abby-girl didn't get to take a ride with me today. Sis called and brought me a neat pair of black and white oxfords she said they squeezed her toes now. Anyway...we're all going to a "sock-hop" celebration of 50's, 60's and 70's at the local Moose Lodge. It's been several years since we went to a sock-hop ... last one was at the ballroom where me and MrWE2 met :-) I have a pair pf pink shoe laces I'm going to put in them, put on my knickers, bobby-socks and a scarf for my neck and a bow for my pony tail :-)

Cecilia...you are so fortunate to have left in the good CO weather yesterday. Today was an all-day mess! I just want to announce:

I AM ALREADY SO TIRED OF SWEEPING SNOW!!!! :gaah:

3-4" We are SO not ready yet! I have the ruined waterbed folded up on the table out the back door. It's supposed to be cut into strips that are supposed to be stapled to the back of the duckhouse. That material makes strong and flexible baffle to keep rain or melting snow/ice out of the nest boxes. Just ONE of the many projects not ready for WINTER yet! :runcirclsmiley2:

Nice long LOVELY autumn weather.....right up until midnight last nite! Then BLAM-O! Do you know we are :frozen:THREE BELOW ZERO! :frozen:

We were SEVENTY DEGREES TWO DAYS AGO! :banghead: How can this even be possible? Yes, we've been down to 10 degrees at nite. We were up to 25 degrees today. But seriously.....a 70 degree drop in temp within 48 hours?????

:behindsofa: .....that's a little much even for us!!! :groooansmileyf:

MtRider ....I already hate winter! :frozen::tapfoot:

Brrrr.... 40 this morning. Winter seems to be here.

Glad you got there safely, Cecilia. Rush hour in LA? Yikes.

Great idea for the eggs We2. I'll try it. Hope your DH's cut heals fast.

We got our car back and I must say, they did a fantastic job! We are most impressed. The whole engine is spotless and many of the wires and hoses were replaced! The dealership only charged us for splicing the missing wires and clearing and resetting the codes. Amazing! Plus, it runs like brand new again. :amen:

When I went to the PO, I almost got broadsided when I drove across Main Street. By the time I cleared the intersection and stopped, I was paralyzed with an incredible pain in the center of my chest, could not move or breathe. STRESS! I'm OK. So, my sweetheart is taking Grrr (and me) to the lake today, for a day away to unwind from all that has been going on. I am really looking forward to that.

It's still dark out but dawn will be peaking over the distant mountains in a few. My cup of coffee and I are going to go join the porch swing and watch the new day appear.

Hope everyone has a Fantastic Friday. :D

You can freeze one egg at a time using ice cube trays too. I forgot about that.

Odd you mentioned about almost getting hit while leaving the P.O. Annie. Similar thing happened to me yesterday. I almost got it on my driver side door. As I was going around a woman in the parking lot she came right toward me. She was stopped at the mail deposit box and didn't see me going around her. I laid on the horn and she got stopped just in the knick of time. I swear, you couldn't have put your finger between our two cars. It probably shook her up more because it would have been her fault. I hate when things like that happen. "They" say your body reacts as if it had really happened, for example, the stress factor.

Mt.Rider, sounds like you guys have outgrown Colorado. Time to move on? Sounds like God has given you plenty of nudges. Only you can know that though. :hug3:

Glad you arrived safe and sound Cecilia. Hope you have a great holiday!