MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Fortunately, the stain crew weren't planning to come today. Today's wind topped even yesterday. Barrels, tubs, chairs, tarps, jugs,.....all sorts of things that held still yesterday ...today, they were flying thru the air....rolling back and forth.....flipping upside -down.....heading east.... :runcirclsmiley2:

Put on a breathing mask cuz thick dust filled up our valley. Went about tagging things down, throwing them inside the garage, tucking into the one corner that was out of the reach of the wind. When the BLAST would hit, I'd cover my eyes and steady myself against something solid. Mach FIVE day with a few gusts at Mach SIX. Soooo very bad.

Fortunately, it did calm back down to Mach 3 in the afternoon.

We drove up to the local library to download FireFox and Antivirus........and my KINDLE FOR PC! :wub: I get to read my books again! .... [we purchase limited Internet usage and when the Kindle program shut down on my other dying laptop, I could not read them on the 'Cloud' ....too much usage. But reading on the KindleForPC program doesn't use any Internet once the books are downloaded.]

Took us quite a while ....LITERALLY up to the very last minute the library was open....tho the nice lady said she wouldn't kick us out until "the orange bar" indicating my antivirus download had completed. It finished just right then! :amen::hapydancsmil:

So...then I got to try it out. DH put some very heavy security choices and :blink:WAY TOO S L O W !!! He changed that and now it's good speed.

Second problem...the keyboard. I'm still adjusting. One huge problem was immediately driving me nuts. :sassing: The screen swayed up and down....then enlarged [big bigger HUGE] ...OR shrunk [small smaller tiny .....itty-bitty.] I knew the reason. Due to MS, I have to anchor my hands to the keyboard at the wrists. But that means I'm raking across the touch pad and....maybe other buttons.

<_< And we all know MtRider should not be touching too many buttons. :grinning-smiley-044: Arid CO static electricity does not help!

So after a bit of screaming ...... and trying to cover touch pad with a piece of paper.....cloth.... :scratchhead: .....I rolled up two footie-socks and rest my wrists on them. They're real fuzzy and slid around a bit as I position to reach upper keys or lower. It's working....tho my R hand keeps slipping off. Whew....at least no more :bounce: and ENLARGE and shrink.

It's been a very hectic and strenuous week. I feel like I've been running a continuous marathon.

So....we wrapped up the evening with BIG HUGE DOG BARFING 3 BIG HUGE PILES just after eating. 2 living room. One cuz I didn't quite get the back screen door unlatched before it came up one more time. :0327:

MtRider :offtobed:

Edited by Mt_Rider
cuz it clicked SEND before I told it to!! Hmph!

Awww. Thank you We2. He knows how to smile and turn me into a blubbering pile of mush. Twice he smiled and wrinkled up his nose at the same time. It took me awhile to recover from that one. Son got a little choked up and said it was nice for him to see me laughing and interacting with the baby. Kind of like how I was with him as a baby but of course he doesn't remember those days.

Baby likes to be sung to and I have quite a large selection in my repertoire. You know: The Three Little Fishies, Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed, Rubber Ducky, Mairzy Doates, A Bushel And A Peck, You Are My Sunshine, Baby Face, Itsy Bitsy Spider and some old Beatle love songs. Sigh. Then I go into my nursery rhyme renditions followed by some songs 'we' learned in vacation Bible school. I have yet to learn the Veggie Tales songs though. Patty Cake was a huge hit. :grinning-smiley-044:

post-2492-0-04171600-1476766736_thumb.jpg

Gotta go to the bank and shop and clutter clear . Move pack out date is Thursday or Friday, cleaning not too bad to do this weekend and son should arrive to pick me up to head out west on Sunday evening or Monday at latest! He has to fly to Baltimore do his teaching seminar or test or something then drive north. SUV time..... no telling what the weather will be out near the Rockies..... vrooom!

Got kitty cat Miss Macy her own styling comfy cage and cushion that is made for it.... She will be rockin... need to pick up some more calmative stuff...... got some snack bits , hope they work. She loves her crunchy treats. If there is any at the drug store...... they change their pet stock like crazy all the time.

Then cranking up music and clutter work......... ugh, but there is an end in sight! Yes!

Edited by sassenach

Too cold for the beleaguered stainers this day. Not hardly windy here but :frozen: Winter cometh....and they gotta hurry! B promised me sealed chinking cracks this winter!!!!! :)

Yea SASS!!!!!! :pray: for safe travels and energy! And new GrDaughter. Wheeeee!

We have one completely besotted Grma singing oldies to the delight of her wee one. .....Maizy Doates, huh? That goes back a ways, Jeepers! :008Laughing: But Grmas would do anything to get a smile/giggle from those cuties! :wub:

Having a much better time with new computer this morning. Am on hospital bed, sitting up. It gives a different angle and lifts my wrists. Last nite, the angle was different and my weary wrists were extra-droopy onto the touch pad. :lol: Doing fine this morning....no manic screen changes.

MtRider ..... :wave: G'morning all.

I have the same problem with my mouse pad thingy too. Sometimes my 'thumb palm' (don't know what it's called) will rest on the mouse and cause the computer to do strange things. I blame the computer but it's really user error.

I have one of those portable lap desks that you can use in bed or a chair. It has folding legs and a USB cord that plugs into the computer. There is a fan in the top of the desk that helps keep the computer cool. The only problem is when I use it in bed I start to slide down. By the time I notice it, my chin is nearly resting on the darn thing. It won't be as bad in the winter though. If I use flannel sheets and wear a flannel gown they act like Velcro and help to keep me upright a little longer. Jammies...not so much. Wedgie issues. That cause a whole nuther set of problems.

:unsure: ........yanno? I'm not even sure y'all would BELIEVE the day we've had.

Alarm set for 8:30am [with my warped schedule, "morning" has been closer to noon in order to get 8 hrs sleep]

Got up to get ready for Brunch with neighbor ladies ....half of them I knew already.

Left by 10am....5 minutes away.

Had a wonderful time; ate great food; encouraged a new friend who is dealing with MS and SSDI

Got home and DH had been using Bissel Green Machine cuz of "spilled water" or something in the bedroom........ :runcirclsmiley2:

Didja check the waterbed, I says. "It's not the waterbed" he says. CHECK THE WATERBED, I insist. "It's not the.... :oit's the waterbed" he says....

:sigh: Well it REALLY blew out this time. No pinhole leak. It's toast! He's always had waterbeds. This one is getting OLD. We'd done a total repair and new liner and the whole business....not too long ago. We're still not sure how the water got past the new liner... :scratchhead:

Hauling EVERYTHING out to the porch or....if dripping....out the back door. There is still all sorts of sheets, pads, blankets, misc. hanging from the back fence and plenty on the porch. Hooked up hose and EMPTIED the waterbed.

[ONE GOOD THING....I was once again needing some flexible and strong material for the baffle along the duckhouse egg collection door. The best material I ever used was from a discarded waterbed. I now have some......]

We were supposed to push this day's activity with things like putting the newly-acquired tire on my ugly van......and going to my friend's garden to glean the last of her veggies for ourselves. :shakinghead:

It took quite a while to finally get to a stopping point with the UN-waterbed. Floor drying. Under-boards drying. Mattress discarded onto the picnic table out back.

Where will DH sleep tonite? So we load up in the truck to head for our storage. We have an old single mattress/box springs there which will do for now. Shoved both in back of truck (after tearing some things apart to GET to that). The mattress did not quite fit ....the truck's topper window had to be tied down. But we always have rope....

OK, we take the other way home and are able to stop by gardening friend's house. We get turnips, beets, Swiss chard, collards, kale, peas, and some broc that was sprouting after the main head had been harvested. :feedme: YUM! :amen: We get this every year and it's so wonderful since we cannot garden in voles.

So we head on home.....so TERRIBLY EXHAUSTED. :imoksmailey: We've been in disarray since the staining crew needed the whole porch and other areas cleared for their [not quite finished] project. THEN ADDITIONALLY.....had to bring stuff under cover because of the hurricane force WINDS. Before the waterbed even happened, our tiny house was getting stacked to the ceiling in places with stuff that temporarily can't be where it should be. :gaah:

So we're so glad to pull in our driveway and have bed + garden produce to unload. Both of us are in great pain from all this. [Getting old ain't for sissies! ]

I go to the back and notice that the tied-down window to the topper is now shut....... Wha...???????

:gaah::groooansmileyf::runcirclsmiley2::motz_6::banghead:

WE'VE LOST THE STINKIN' MATTRESS OUT THE BACK......SOMEWHERE ON THE GRAVEL ROAD.....

So we quickly unload the bushels of veggies....putting them into the garage so deer or my goat don't get to them. Then I left the door wide open!.....we was gettin' WAY PAST TIRED! :faint3: Unloaded the box spring so the dumb mattress would fit with that back window SHUT!

And headed back out the driveway to retrace our steps. It was half-way back to my friend's house. Glad it wasn't further. She's miles away. And no one had run over it....or taken it...... :amen: But it was some filthy! Required a good beatin' when we got home to get the dust out.

Then I spend quality time in the bedroom .....vacuuming areas that had not been accessible for a long time. I was SO uncoordinated from fatigue that lots of OWIES and OOOOPSes were happening. Dragged the box spring/mattress onto the waterbed frame/platform and fixed it with blankets for the night.

MtRider ...how much ya wanna bet ....the staining crew arrives at the crack of dawn tomorrow? :offtobed:

Edited by Mt_Rider
fixing 1,0000 errors

((((Mt_Rider)))))

You can order a new waterbed mattress online for less than $100. I'd have to do a search for the best deal. That's what we did when ours died.

Mil and I are going to the CoC Fall Fashion show, designs by Dillard's, tomorrow morning. I won't be home until after 3pm. We need to be there early because we have to distribute the itinerary and name tags with the ladies who log in the members and guests.

Mom had meat loaf, mashed potatoes and peas waiting for me when I arrived during rush hour. Thank God I was on the opposite side of the road coming in. Outbound traffic was stop and go for 10 miles. Yikes.

Time to get some sleep.

Hope everyone has a blessed evening.

I think losing the mattress out of the back of the truck would have put me over the edge. That must have been a shock. :hug3:

We used to have a waterbed waaay back in the day but neither one of us could get comfortable on it and it made our backs hurt worse. Son has a foam type mattress where I sleep and I really like it. Of course my mattress is about 31 years old and it's starting to feel like it too. Anything would feel good compared to it. I keep flipping it and turning it around. I've always kept good pads on it so the fabric looks new...except for that tell tale sag. Uh yep, I said 31 years old. :blush:

I'd like to have a sleep number bed but $,$$$.$$

Annarchy, your supper sounds so good. :yum3:

I hate moving..the only good thing about it is that it forces me to declutter!

We hope to get alot done today. DH has a guy coming over to help him do things he can't handle alone anymore. Hopefully he shows up. These "helpers" are notorious for not showing up even though we pay them well. He has to redo the chicken coop since our neighbors dogs have come over here and killed some chickens. There is so much to get done for the winter. We may finally get some rain today too. It's about time..we are in a drought again. No rain for over 3 weeks.

DH had Dr appt yesterday and again tomorrow. So far, all good reports. I go next week and it's been 18 months since I've seen him. I dread it but can't put it off any longer. I take some meds that must be renewed.

Have a great day all!

I am sorry about the chicken coop!

pack out tomorrow afternoon..... ugh, had to wait for forever on hold to talk to someone. Not good for blood pressure but now have today to sort more, which is really good!

yea! located important papers! I knew they were there! Can slim that stack down, this place is history!

:grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: The GRANDE FINALE to yesterday's woes:

When I finally stumbled to bed..... I found that my old cat had puked on my comforter. :gaah:

TODAY ....was a better day. The stainers finished up with both doors/frames/threshold boards [which I'm trying to remember not to step on!!!] ....and the stairs. We have a at-ground-level exit in the back, so we're using that til that dries. NICE drying day today without any overabundance of wind. :amen:

I mostly read an interesting book on my newly-restored Kindle for PC. My hands and balance were quite shaky today.

DH got the tire on the ugly van and tested the transmission, etc. It drove up our steep driveway....x2. :amen:

He also filled in the severe driveway "canyons"....heavy work with shovel, wheelbarrow.

He used wheelbarrow to take [now discarded to be recycled as great plastic] leaking waterbed mattress to the hillside so it will drain completely. I helped a bit with that one....but got blacking-out unsteady as a result. :imoksmiley: (back to resting!)

Bunch of little things ......and THEN....

.......he baked chocolate chip cookies! :cook::hug3:

Much later, I made supper of ham, taters, and buttered beets from K's garden! :yum3: I'm feeling better somewhat by now.

MtRider ......it's been a good day! :amen::amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider

The fashion show & silent auction went well. Saw all the Ladies I haven't seen for quite a while. Missed those who are gone. :(

Came home to find two roof tiles in the back yard. The wind was terrible last night. I think we had your Mach 5 wind gusts, M_R. Tomorrow's ToDo list just got bigger. Get supplies, fix roof, trim bushes, weed yard, and fix the shower faucet in one of the bathrooms. God willing, all will go smoothly and quickly.

((((Momo)))) :pray: all will go well.

Sass, hope your move is all you expect and better.

Jeepers you are so blessed with that precious little baby. Sigh

And, glad you had a better day today, Mt_Rider.

Everyone has a lot going on, looks like! I hope everyone's appts and projects go well.

It's raining hard this morning after many days of glorious sunny weather. Windy too. It's supposed to be much cooler today and will probably freeze tonight or Saturday night. DD and I picked everything yesterday but we didn't have daylight to get the winter squashes off of the little trailer so we have to do that today in the rain. :( We picked tomatoes, peppers, okra, kiwis, pears, dill. After dark, I brought all my houseplants in off the deck and got most of them situated. I can't figure out where to put some of them. I can't remember how I had them arranged last winter.

DH and DS have to fix the exhaust system and put tires on the truck so it can pass inspection next week. Thankfully they can work on it in Cousin's huge garage and he has a tire changer too.

The Christmas tree grower's are starting to cut trees now. Cousin begins the 24th. It's such a hectic time of year for them.

So today, we'll be dealing with the houseplants and all the produce we picked is that's all over the kitchen, dining room and in the hall.

I slept from 3-11:30 AM. :shakinghead: Just can't pull the schedule back to ....like 2-10AM would be more 'normal'.

DH works the next couple days. I need to start with the gleaned fresh veggies. And....I feel like I could sleep another couple of hours. Ack! Fall Fatigue Thing is getting in the way this year!!!

:pray: for Sass's movers coming today and her (+Miss Macy) and son leaving soon.

Glad no one was nearby when your roof tiles dislodged in the WIND, Annarchy. Whoa!

Yes....everyone seems to be in an autumn rush!

MtRider ....winter cometh... :(

Keep Sass in your prayers as they have to travel through that nasty storm effecting the mid eastern coast. Wow, microbursts with winds in the 90 mph and major flooding.

Trimmed bushes and removed most of the dead branches. Then visited Home Depot and got the roofing nails, tar and paint stir sticks. Decided it was easier to throw away the stick than to try to clean up a spackle tool (not sure what it's called). Also saw a pretty plant for mom and got it for her.

On the way home, saw an accident that caused me to thank God for keeping me safe.

Pulled out mom's ladder and figured out how to open and extend it. It's an awesome ladder. It makes an "A" for painting and also is a straight ladder for height.

Threw the hammer, flat screw driver, paint stir sticks and paint brush on the roof. Carefully stepped on the first two rungs to put the gallon of tar and box of nails on the roof. Back down to get the 2 tiles and climed up to the roof. After setting the tiles down, advanced up another rung and got a slight 'fear of heights' and stopped a moment to figure out how to get on the roof off the ladder. MIL was under me with a hand on the ladder so I didn't want her to think I was struggling. Ack!

Crawled on the roof and carefully moved each of my items forward to the apex of the roof crawling forward on my hands and knees. Crossed the apex and transversed to my duff and scooted to the area needing repair. Got all my stuff ready, removed the lid on the can, spread the roofing cement on the tile and under the tile it needed to go under and realized, oops, messy. Slid the tile in place and looked at my gloves which were now covered in black sticky stuff. Grabbed the nails and hammer and got the sticky stuff on them too. Great, sigh. Took off my gloves so I could open the box of nails and nail the tile down and got the sticky stuff on my hands. Ok, I can handle that. Took the nail and hammer and lifted the upper tile so I could nail the one I had just put back in place, only to realize I had already plastered that sticky stuff all over it. Really?!?!?!!!! Geez, I didn't think it all out. Now, I have sticky black stuff on the back of my hands. Planned out the second tile properly and got it done without any more messes.

There were a couple tiles that needed to be reinforced and a pipe flashing had lifted up. After scooting everything to the flashing, I gooped the stick and spread it under and when I pulled it out it flung a black glob at my face. I ducked and freaked out , thinking it had hit my hair. Ack! Out of the corner of my eye I could see it hanging right next to my face swinging in the wind. I took off my gloves and carefully caught it and just pulled out the hair it was attached to. Now, I had hair and black sticky goopy stuff smeared on my fingers. I figured I was done and scooted back to the ladder and tossed the tools to the ground, set the nails and the can next to the ladder and just sat there trying to overcome another bout of 'fear of heights' and figure out how to get on the ladder and off the roof. By then, mom is again near the ladder waiting for me to come down. All in all the job is done and I am not stuck on the roof. However, my jeans are covered with black smears and nail polish remover and acetone do NOT remove black sticky stuff off of skin or under fingernails. Ha!

Next project, restaining and polishing a dark blue purse. My fingers and nails don't know if they are blue or black. Lol. Mom said they were sianotic (sp). Thanks mom. Lol. We had fun with it.

Soap, scouring pad an Emory board, nail clippers and lots of hand lotion and my fingers look normal again, sorta. :). My jeans will never be the same, scooting around on the roof made the goopy stuff smear.

I've basically been taking it easy this evening. Tomorrow is another day with just a couple things on my list to do.

Hoping everyone had a great day.

Wow Annarchy. Just WOW! I'm brave but not that brave. :bow:

Will be thinking about Sass. I forgot to ask how long it will take them to get out there. I'll bet she and her son will have a good time together though. Too bad the baby couldn't come but that would be a long haul for a little one. :pray:

Spackle Tool = Putty Knife.

I feel so proud that I though of that. I usually can't think of the name of anything.

Mt. Rider, my days and nights are turned around again too. I could get it straightened out soon but I've been having bad neck aches which has triggered headaches and they are keeping me awake. Then I fall asleep in the chair in the afternoon and ruin the whole sleeping process. I think I'm going to just close my eyes for a few minutes and 2 hours later I'm wide awake.

We had rain AGAIN today and it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. We have had so much rain this year. I'm pretty sure the cold and dampness is what is causing the neck pain. Arthritis.

Lost my post twice so far! Again...

Sorry about your rough day, Mt. Rider! A wirless mouse helps my dh with touchpad issues.

Sass! Praying for you and waiting to hear how things are going!

Daylily--Yes, Beautiful Joe definitiely changed my perspective and "Following Atticus" continues to!

Jeepers, the prequalifying brought a couple of issues up that are now resolved and off the board! Glad we did it even though it looks like we won't be using it. We are waiting til Spring, I think.

Ann--Take it easy you Spring Chicken!!!

I have disappearing posts all the time. Sometimes if I highlight a word to delete it the entire post deletes. And sometimes if I skip a space and go back to add one in the post disappears. Or if I hit the Enter button when I mean to hit the Pause/Shift button to make a capital letter, poof, the post is gone. It happens too often to me. Not so bad if the post is short but the longer ones disappearing can be maddening. I hold my breath when I have to make a change especially if I highlight it.

Glad you found the issue and cleared it up now before you found a house that you really wanted and it held you back!

LOL Annarchy!! The attack of the sticky black goop! I'm pretty rough and ready. I have finger nails....on fingers where they haven't broken. They grow and break and I don't pay attention....except if they're jagged and catch on things. But....I really don't like STICKY on my hands. I wash my hands a lot while doing cooking or projects. Hate if something is sticking and I can't get it off. Not "girly-girl" (as Darlene says) at all. More a sense of claustrophobia. :runcirclsmiley2: Aaaaugh....it's got me and won't let go!!!!

Hope you got loose from the SLIME MONSTER, Annarchy. You know your MIL loves all you do when you're there for her!

Jeepers and Miki...... Don't know if this is the same thing but try CONTROL + z Annarchy told me about this UNDO sequence for when something ZIPS away with part or all of what I'm typing. But....you might be experiencing a different issue. But I'm IN LOVE with CONTROL z :wub: {saves me all that screaming and tearing out of hair, y'know }

MtRider....doing a bit here and there to clear the wreckage of Staining+WIND+Waterbed+Veggies.... turnips and beets for supper :cook:

Edited by Mt_Rider

"Spring chicken" indeed. Lol. Tell my body that today. :)

I just couldn't see mom having to pay for an appraisal, plus paying for a contractor to come out, then having to pay her deductible of $1,500, just for 2 tiles. It didn't seem right to me, not when I have roofing experience. I didn't care if it hurt me, in my pea brain, it was worth it. It's been years since I was on a ladder and I forgot how to transverse the silly thing. Lol

Morning has broken and weeds need to be pulled. Birds are singing with the roar of the city in the background.

Glad you got things taken care of Miki. That process can be frustrating sometimes.

Time to get motivated.

Hoping everyone has a beautiful day.

P.S.

Ctl + a = select all

Ctl + c = copy

Ctl + v = paste.

I use those all the time when posting and emails. I have a bad habit of getting interrupted and when I get back to it, finding it all gone. A quick ctl a, ctl c, has saved me so much time and frustration.

I think October has always been my favorite month; it's big and it's cool an it's gold, and it's neither August nor November. But November always does come, and that is when harsh new realities tend to clarify. I have a lot of time on my hands these days, and I'm spending rather a lot of it brooding about the possibilities.