MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

I noticed your new picture the other day Miki. What a cutie Patootie Peanut Butter is! :wub:

Hope your DH gets some answers real soon.

I ran a couple of errands and ended up at Wal-Mart. Funny how my car just heads in that direction. I got some get well cards and a few other things. I forgot light blubs. Dang it. I forgot to put them on the list. I have some but wanted some more for storage.

I swung by the library and dropped off a couple of DVD's. Mr. Selfridge was a really good series. I'm watching Call The Midwife now. I'm on the last season. Very good series too, especially the early years in the East End of London in the mid 1950's.

I had to go to Office Max to get the sticky notes I wanted. I had a hard time finding the yellow ones with lines at the Wal and K marts. I stocked up on those so I won't have to go searching for a few more years.

Took away two bags of trash and emptied the paper bin...again.

I dropped off bills at the post office and got a call from D-ex reminding me it's quarterly tax time again. Forgot all about that. So, now I have to fish out the paperwork and get that done and mailed in. Wish they sent reminders.

I went to the pharmacy and canceled two prescriptions. I have plenty left and now all of my refills are over so when I go to the doctor sometime in Jan.- Feb. I can get them all filled/refilled at the same time and they will all run out at the same time. The way it was, I'd have to go to the doctor four times a year instead of two now. $$$$$$$. Also got the year end statement for the meds I had filled for taxes.

Then I stopped by the carwash and hosed down the Jeep. It needed it and it will probably be too cold to do it any more for a month or two.

Now I'm fighting ants. Those little bitty ones are everywhere. I thought they died in the winter. I had a big old fly buzzing around last week.

Paid local insternet service today for another year, got Abby-girl's city license renewed and got my drivers' license renewed for six years. Was really surprised when I got the notice and then again today at DMV she told me if I renewed before my birthday it was $20 for 6 years....instead of waiting and paying more and only for 3 years. Good deal! Installed one of the game cams at the homestead but having trouble with it detecting and snapping the pic except up close. Mr will go online and get it figured out :-) Friend gave us two nice plastic shelving units 5' long, 4' tall and shelves 2' deep. Took them upstairs to the homestead's kitchen for now, but will put them downstairs in the bay window and use them for starting seeds this spring. Gotta get it de-cluttered first. Looked all over town for some more Eucalyptus oil and couldn't believe the prices for such small amounts! Finally found a reasonably priced bottle at our local health food store. I like to keep my oil burner infusing this into our air. Makes one breath so good, in addition to having the humidifier going. Also picked up another small bottle of Frankencense. Gonna have to stock up on more of both of these essential oils. Also spotted a bottle of Comfrey oil at the health food store but won't buy any until I do more research on it. Gotta get myself a nice 3-ring binder and print out all the uses of these different oils. I have a lot of them already printed out, but need to get the organized and protected in plastic sleeves.

I got a ride in an ambulance last night. It's always been for other people in the past! :grinning-smiley-044: The VA has been watching me for a few weeks, after I was in the wrong place when a 2x4 came sailing off of a shed we were building for our honeybees. Because I woke up SO DIZZY yesterday morning, and spent most of the day vomiting whenever I opened my eyes, it was decided last night to get me to the nearest hospital. Thankfully, it was the one we always used when we used to live here. I was so thankful the ambulance EMT was able to administer an anti-nausea med through the IV. I didn't want him to clean up the inside of the vehicle, and he didn't either. :hapydancsmil:

After four hours in the emergency room and countless tests, they decided on the diagnosis of vertigo. I'd only known one other person who experienced it. I never knew how debilitating it could be. After a few bags of fluids, and other meds to get me back on my feet, I was able to come home and not get admitted. Needless to say, I'm not going dancing or drinking tonight. I'm ringing in the New Year with ringing in in my ears and some side-affects of the meds they gave me for the next few days. Thankfully, I have several other appts at the VA hospital this week, so should get some good follow-up with my regular doctors. :hidingsmile:

Wow, Homesteader. So ...... :unsure: they don't think it's connected to you connecting with that wayward 2X4?? :scratchhead: It's not like one can suddenly develop Menier's Disease [one possible cause of vertigo, etc...my mom has it and used to have all those symptoms in 'episodes'] or such like that. :scratchhead: Seems like the 2x4 might still be in that picture somewhere.

Heavenly Father, please reveal what is causing this vertigo to to point of severe nausea ... :pray: ...and give Homesteader favor in the VA hospital with brilliant, insightful docs and kind staff.

Gonna take today slow. Adrenaline is winding down from the frenzy week. Has to...letting it go. Overuse is 'contraindicated'. But I sure can get a lot more done when it's there. Lonely not having DH around all day....even if it's cuz we were working on vehicles. :yar: Now he's back to work for several days. Picked up a shift tonite so someone else could go party. Bit rough for him...no chance to recover from grueling week. But it makes up financially for the days he missed with the vehicle problems. :amen:

Be careful and safe in what y'all do tonite, friends

MtRider :cheer:

Homesteader, I assume they checked the fluid pressure in your brain?

Peanut Butter looks like the dog I grew up with, who was such a sweet little imp. He taught me a lot about being human.

Started an experiment today: DS1 planted new potatoes in five-gallon buckets. He also trimmed some watersprouts off the pomelo tree and the limequat behind it. Got one wrong branch on the limequat, and handed it to me so I could take the fruit inside. When I reached for it, OF COURSE one of those thorns rammed right up under my fingernail. I yipped, and he swung around and snatched it back, and OF COURSE he got a thorn rammed deep in between two of his fingers. I said that was a sign and countersign: we should go in. He looked up at the sky (it's threatening rain) and said if we didn't put the rest of the sprouting potatoes into the bathtub right now, it wasn't going to happen this year. So we finished up planting all the potatoes, and now I'm collapsed in my special comfy chair while he showers.

Time does move on, doesn't it? When did my kid become the one who has a grown-up's resolve to finish the job?

:) Sounds like your kid is growing up. Looks like you did right by him! :thumbs:

Weird to be here alone now that DH has a long stretch of days at work. I've always been here alone, esp when he had the office open full time [or more than full time]. But somehow after working HARD together this past week, I'm a bit lost. :scratchhead:

MtRider ....might work on doing Christmas cards today... :lol: ...not kidding.... :grinning-smiley-044:

I woke up a little stuffy yesterday. Uh-oh. So I snorted some Zicam. Stuffy nose is gone so I'm hoping for the best. Today I slept all day. I'm thinking what ever it is is gone because I feel fine.

I need to go to the post office again tomorrow. I had my quarterly taxes all filled out and went by the post office yesterday to drop them in the box. First I swung by McDonalds for a salad. Came home and thought, hummmm, did I go by the post office? I don't think I did. I checked the car and there were the envelopes. The post office is right on the way to McD's. Both coming and going. I missed it twice. Good thing they aren't due until the 15th. I usually don't do them this early but I'm getting my tax folder ready for the end of the year and that is one of the to-do things in it.

Woke up itching for the second day in a row. Something has activated an allergic reaction. Even my ears and palms of my hands are itching. I have no idea what triggered it.

We visited some friends last night. We had a great time going back and forth from the fire pit to the porch every time the rain kicked in.

It has been raining off and on all day.

Didn't do much of anything, trying not to scratch...

WE2's----Does she mention anything about coconut oil for thyroid?

Only that she uses it extensively for cooking, for salves & ointments and essential oils. I've been patting a small amount of frankencense oil (with coconut liquid) on the thyroid area since it's such a healing essential oil.

I got a ride in an ambulance last night. It's always been for other people in the past! :grinning-smiley-044: The VA has been watching me for a few weeks, after I was in the wrong place when a 2x4 came sailing off of a shed we were building for our honeybees. Because I woke up SO DIZZY yesterday morning, and spent most of the day vomiting whenever I opened my eyes, it was decided last night to get me to the nearest hospital. Thankfully, it was the one we always used when we used to live here. I was so thankful the ambulance EMT was able to administer an anti-nausea med through the IV. I didn't want him to clean up the inside of the vehicle, and he didn't either. :hapydancsmil:

After four hours in the emergency room and countless tests, they decided on the diagnosis of vertigo. I'd only known one other person who experienced it. I never knew how debilitating it could be. After a few bags of fluids, and other meds to get me back on my feet, I was able to come home and not get admitted. Needless to say, I'm not going dancing or drinking tonight. I'm ringing in the New Year with ringing in in my ears and some side-affects of the meds they gave me for the next few days. Thankfully, I have several other appts at the VA hospital this week, so should get some good follow-up with my regular doctors. :hidingsmile:

Vertigo...after a "face plant" about 3 years ago (?) I began having it, as well as a ring in my right ear. The ring sorta comes and goes as to intensity as does the vertigo, but it's the vertigo that I have to be oh so careful of. I now have to watch more downward where I'm putting my feel because it does affect my "horizon" and I may stumble over even a crack in pavement or a dip in the dirt. My doc told me to use OTC motion sickness tablets and they help alot. I buy the chewables and keep a bottle in my purse. When we go motorcycle riding, I always chew one. Dancing I do fine because we mostly 2-step and waltz. For swing...only when I'm "up to par" :-) When we hike or do long walks, I take my walking stick (don't want a cane) to help me balance, and when we walk to stores etc., Mr gives me his arm or we hold hands. Prayers for you lady friend.

Yesterday fixed our "waffles for breakfast" to bring in 2017. Then went over to the homestead and cut open about 200 bags of leaves, raked them out to about 6" or more deep and ended up adding an additional 30x40 or so to our earlier mulch site. So it's done until spring. We're supposed to get rain tonight (praying we do) and that will bed it down. Checked the "dirt" under the other mulch site and it's so rich and black I can't imagine nothing not growing in it! We'll have alot more gardening area come spring plus we bought those large mineral bins last year to do some container gardening. We'll probably put in a small amount of corn only because we love our corn/okra/tomatoes that I jar up. It's so good over pasta. Also carted 13 boxes of books over and up the stairs and into the awaiting bookcases :-) We love our books! We have two boocases we'll put in the livingroom for resource books we want close at hand. Mr had to take the truck in for diagnostic...water pump needs replacing, so he'll take it to the car doctor Friday...about $200 :-( BUT...it's a paid for truck :-) Got one of the game cams up a few days ago and when we checked the sd card we saw 77 pics on it! Had it aimed too far out and it was picking up traffic (including a police car) going past on the street. We'll get it put back in it's case, but will aim it further downward. Was really glad to see it working so good! We'll get the other unit mounted on the other side of the building and I still want one mounted under the front porch, aimed at the door and front steps. We're both still trying to get rid of this persistent cough. Beginning to think those colds have turned into bronchitis? Taking elderberry syrup and it's helping. I put some vodka in ours after it's made and into my bottles. Today...is laundry day and then tonight we'll be unsealing winter clothes and sealing up summer clothes. The summer bags we'll take to the homestead and put into totes that are awaiting.

Hope your itching has eased up Ann.

I have such a migraine. This weather fluctuation is killing the arthritis in my neck which triggers the headache. It's really a killer today. I wish it would pick a temperature and stay there. Even if it's a cold temperature.

Yesterday fixed our "waffles for breakfast" to bring in 2017. Then went over to the homestead and cut open about 200 bags of leaves, raked them out to about 6" or more deep and ended up adding an additional 30x40 or so to our earlier mulch site. So it's done until spring. We're supposed to get rain tonight (praying we do) and that will bed it down. Checked the "dirt" under the other mulch site and it's so rich and black I can't imagine nothing not growing in it! We'll have alot more gardening area come spring plus we bought those large mineral bins last year to do some container gardening. We'll probably put in a small amount of corn only because we love our corn/okra/tomatoes that I jar up. It's so good over pasta. Also carted 13 boxes of books over and up the stairs and into the awaiting bookcases :-) We love our books! We have two boocases we'll put in the livingroom for resource books we want close at hand. Mr had to take the truck in for diagnostic...water pump needs replacing, so he'll take it to the car doctor Friday...about $200 :-( BUT...it's a paid for truck :-) Got one of the game cams up a few days ago and when we checked the sd card we saw 77 pics on it! Had it aimed too far out and it was picking up traffic (including a police car) going past on the street. We'll get it put back in it's case, but will aim it further downward. Was really glad to see it working so good! We'll get the other unit mounted on the other side of the building and I still want one mounted under the front porch, aimed at the door and front steps. We're both still trying to get rid of this persistent cough. Beginning to think those colds have turned into bronchitis? Taking elderberry syrup and it's helping. I put some vodka in ours after it's made and into my bottles. Today...is laundry day and then tonight we'll be unsealing winter clothes and sealing up summer clothes. The summer bags we'll take to the homestead and put into totes that are awaiting.

Didn't get the clothes re-sealed up. Time just slipped away. Got the laundry done though and bread made for the week. Truck goes in this next Friday for new water pump.

Edited by The WE2's

Watched the Amazon prime video tonight..."That Sugar Film". It will knock your socks off! We made the decision several months ago to start cutting our sugar intake...now we're even more determined!

Ewww.....I hate headaches too, Jeepers. Hope you can get relief and sleep tonite.

....think I chased the beginning of one away today. Whew!

We are getting ready.....set....... SUBZERO COLD!

MtRider .....trying to do anything I really don't wanna do in THAT kind of cold. Warm at 20 degrees right now.

WE2's----Does she mention anything about coconut oil for thyroid?

Only that she uses it extensively for cooking, for salves & ointments and essential oils. I've been patting a small amount of frankencense oil (with coconut liquid) on the thyroid area since it's such a healing essential oil.

I'm surprised she doesn't go into that more. Coconut oil is great for the metabolism and if you google coconut oil and thyroid, you get lots of info! This is what happens to me. I take about 1 and half tsp. of coconut oil a day in the morning. Doc keeps lowering my levothroid meds. Happened twice so far. Went from 200 mcg. down to 150 now. I am sure that if I up my coconut oil, she will lower it again. And always take it in the morning! Gives one lots of energy!

Also wondering if you have heard of the Epley maneuver for Vertigo? Can google that for info also.

I ended up at ER yesterday ... againl This time they did an MRI of the brain. I still have one!!! :hapydancsmil: They switched me to valium to help with the dizziness. I'm hoping to make my Urology consult in the morningl Then I make it back to my regular doctor on Thursday. Either VA hospital is 50 miles away so I have a choice. I sure hope this goes away because I'm trying to design my flower and veggie begs before spring hits, and get all the seeds and plants ordered before then. :grinning-smiley-044:

I was also given the Epley Maneuver in my paperwork, Snapy from the staff in the ER. I'll read through it after my next VA appointment in the AM. Now I'm starting to feel what it's like for my mom to visit the doctor all the time. Thankfully, my January isn't too full yet. :grinning-smiley-044:

Edited by Homesteader

I hope everyone is feeling better.

We had a wonderful weekend with family. DD1 & DSIL came Friday afternoon. We got about 1" of snow Friday morning but the roads were clear by the time they got here. It was in the 50s Saturday and Sunday but rainy. After church, we had a delicious lunch, sang Christmas songs from the hymnal and visited. Saturday night, we made a brief visit to neighbor's New Year's Eve party and then came home to eat supper and then open our Christmas gifts. We do that slowly, one person at a time so we all got tired and sleepy before we finished. We just stopped and went to bed. We opened the rest of them after breakfast Sunday morning. it was fun to prolong it. DD2 had decorated the house simply but elegantly using the gifts as the biggest part of the decorations. The nice thing about that is now most of the decorations are gone already! I hope we can get the rest put away today before the frigid weather moves in in a couple of days.

DD1 & DSIL left Monday about 5 pm and got home safely. The fridge is full of yummy leftovers, even though they took a lot with them.

I want to spend some time this week thinking about my priorities for the coming year and setting some goals.

I may call a friend and see if I can go over and do a couple loads of laundry this afternoon. The men worked on the spring and got a little more water running into the reservoir but still not enough to do much laundry. They have plans to do more but I'm not sure exactly what. We went to the laundromat last week and my friends chastised me for going. They said, "Bring your laundry over here and we can talk with it washes!" I'll bring the clothes home to dry them like I did from the laundromat.

Everybody, have a good day!

((((((Homesteader))))))) :pray: you feel better soon.

A car ran a stop sign and broadsided the front drivers side quarter panel of my truck, years ago. My head hit the side window, and back window and steering wheel. The goose egg lump on my head took a few weeks to recede, and, I couldn't watch TV for over 6 months. Remember when you could video tape a TV and it looked flashy? That's what TV looked like to me. Horrible experience. It did eventually go away.

:gaah: Hives... :runcirclsmiley2:

:imoksmiley:

We are eliminating anything and everything that could have caused them. Rewashing all my clothes and watching everything I touch and eat. Prepping 101: make sure I have fresh allergy meds in our bobs.... :ph34r:

Working on year end bookwork, inventory and taxes. Contemplating how to clean the clutter in my office.

I got nipples for Christmas. :008Laughing: Seriously, I did. They are for a watering system for the hens. The friends who gave us our first hens, got them for us. It made for a good laugh at the New Years get together.

Time to get back to work.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day.

Family experience only here from me, but my sister gets allergic reactions to some things. Found out "itching palms" is an allergy. Penicillin and all related drugs for her.. Touching certain plants causes it in some folks.

DB has bad dizzy spells where he can do nothing almost. Tried floor exercise, ears treated, etc. Only one doc gave him valium and it works perfectly. Very difficult to get docs to give that. I also used it once for twice for that, and it works. Docs are so afraid of prescribing somethings now days, especially if you are over 60.