MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Some people are really miserably excuses for human beings. I bought a couple of packs of labels the other day to redo my spice jars. I got it figured out how to print them. One of the packages had half of the labels sheets missing.

There are only 8 sheets to a pack to begin with with only 4 labels per sheet. They are a nice shape and color and they weren't cheap. There was only one package left so hopefully they will let me exchange this one for that one...if it's still there. There is really no way I can prove that the labels were missing. The packaging on these are not sealed. They are hinged plastic. At first I thought, "Oh boy, these plastic cases are easy to open." Now I'm not so happy.

I feel used and abused. And very angry. I can't imagining people taking labels from one package to fill their own. Who does that? Thieves. I'd hate to think I was going to hades for stealing 16 labels.  :motz_6:

Hard to imagine someone ripping off labels...  :sassing:   Crazy......and very irritating!   Sheeesh! :pout:

Miki, I used coconut oil in food for a while.  Didn't notice any difference.  Sleeping solid would help.  MS has lots of sleep disruption issues!

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

Mt. Rider, coconut oil in foods isn't enough or consistent enough to make a big difference.  The pills are 1000 mg. and I take two in the morning.  They do help me and don't cost a lot.  Available at Walmart!

Already started the crockpot with roast.  Doing my vitamins next for the month.  It takes about 35 minutes but is so much easier than pulling from several bottles morning and night!  Definitely takes concentration to get it done, though.

Have a great week, you all!

Office Max was nice. I bought the other pack and they let me keep the half pack. I said there were 8 sheets but I meant there were 6 sheets per pack. So they 'only' stole 12 labels instead of 16. :P

Miki, we had a jar of it.  Used it on bread, etc.  :shrug:  After 2 jars...didn't see any difference.

Yea Office Max!  I guess this lets us know why packaging is made so very hard to get into!!!  :rolleyes:

Hoping to be safe [as in: cool enough] as I go to my folks' place today.  I've gotten very reticent to leave my climate-controlled house in the heat.  Today is very sunny but cooler.  I'm stuck there until DH gets off work tonite.  But they do have a cool basement.  Going to meet at restaurant for lunch first.  Since my folks are in upper 80's, each year these events seem more likely that they will be the last one. 

MtRider   :pc_coffee:

Mt. Rider, it might not be a good idea anyway, as coconut oil speeds up the metabolism which might heat you up too much.  I was never sure when I took it, if I was having hot flashes or the coconut oil was the culprit.  LOL 

:runcirclsmiley2:  No....not a good idea!  Mebbe when we have 20 BELOW ZERO in the winter....    But not right now.  :knary:   :lol:

Well besides my heat challenges for Father's day at my folks house, I also had FEET challenges.  First, just as I was leaving at 10:30 tonite, I went down their dang thick carpeted stairs.  My heel stepped on the last step...slid off...and jolted THUD on the not carpeted floor of entryway.  OW!  DH had to work later shift after eating out with us...and he'd arrived to pick me up.  Didn't fall cuz I hang onto rail up/down stairs.  But locked up my muscles for a few minutes...couldn't move.  Argh!

Worse yet to come.  Got home and fed in the dark.  DH does ducks/horses and I walk dog with headlamp.  Except I stopped to put old horse into her pen for her extra feed....since I was walking right by when she came.  FORGOT THE STUPID GRAND CANYON that last week's erosion had caused right in front of the horse gate.  Stuck my same foot into that and twisted whole body in attempt to not fall.  Didn't fall.  Didn't break ankle....tho my foot went into spasm later.  THIS is why I fill in holes and craters and canyons.  THIS is why I clear pathways and remove sticks and stones that break my bones!!!   But I haven't been down there except yesterday when I was conserving energy.  Should have filled it then....cuz I nearly stepped into it unknowingly then too.  Missed catastrophe by seeing it at the last second and didn't put foot there.  ......DH does not SEE such things cuz he simply walks over them all week long... :motz_6:  So after walk with Koa, I got shovel out of the van and filled the stupid thing tonite.  Twisted back ...not good.  Expect worse tomorrow.  Oye! 

MtRider  :offtobed:

Aw Mt. Rider.  :hug3:.  I could just see the two of us trying to go shopping together. Both of us falling around and me staggering. Oh my, the looks we would probably get.  

I staggered around yesterday and hooked my little toe on a wire basket I was filling. Today it hurts and I see a little cut in there on the inside. Not a good place for a cut. Since I saw the cut...now it hurts worse. :grinning-smiley-044:

I went birthday shopping for grandson today. I found everything I wanted although I did go to Wal-Mart,Target, Kmart and Toys R Us. Everything is pretty  convenient here so there wasn't driving much really. I got it all except the turtle sand box. I was going to wait until I got over there so son could put it in his truck but I saw one here and it looks like it will fit in the Jeep. I may go back for it later tonight. I have a couple of last minute errands to run anyway. His birthday isn't until the 4th. but I might as well take the stuff over now while I'm going in case I don't get over there before then. Mom and dad can wrap it all.   :whistling:

It was 78 degrees while I was out there shopping and I was about to smother. It always starts getting wet around my hair line. Then I know I'm in for it. It was getting dark out but it looks like the storm is going to go around us. 

• Like 2

Ow! Jeepers and Mt_Rider, just ow!  Glad you got some shopping done, Jeepers. 

After connecting my home made coop to the other one, the hens have been in it most of the time. I did it because of the heat forecast. I couldn't figure out how to cool the new coop, but I could easily cool the home made cage. Connecting them has given me (and them) the way to set up a makeshift swamp cooler. I've draped an old canvas paint drop cloth over the slanted part of their coop and tucked it behind the lick tank, then turned the hose on a light trickle, to wet the canvas. They are all under it now. Poor girls. This heat is breathtaking. So far, only 111, so say 2 thermometers. I want to believe the old one that is regestering 120. At least that's what I think it feels like. Lol. 

IMG_2553.JPG

• Like 2

Turtle sand box and lid fit in the Jeep. I'm always amazed at what all fits in that thing.

I stopped off at the library and picked up a couple of books on CD to listen to and also 3 DVD's on senior exercising and balance for next week. They had a few 'chair' exercising DVD's. I'm not there yet but it was nice to know they exist. Good for the elderly and for stroke people. Or overweight people for that matter.

• Like 1

I'll bet he loves the turtle sandbox. 

Clipped the ferret and dog nails, cut DH's hair and let the hens out to scratch in the yard. Fricaseed, Curry and Dijon went straight for the purslane. The others caught on a couple of minutes later. 

Made breakfast burritos for dinner to use up some eggs. We've got 4 dozen in the frig. Tomorrow I hope to make a dozen deviled eggs and take half to MIL on Wednesday when I go. 

Ye ha, it's that time of month. Lol. 

Grrr has been a snappy growing brat to Gunny and me, so, guess what?  He's going with me this month. I told DH to train Gunny while I am gone.  Hopefully, this will calm Grrr down a little bit. He's old and cantankerous, growling at me when I step over him, when he's sleeping in the hallway.  Silly dog. IDK, he's really concerning DH & I. 

Taj Ma Hot for chickens!  Bet they're glad for the shade and swamp cooling.  They lay better if it's not super hot or super cold.  Lots good things to eat!  :yum3:

Is it possible Grrr is aching or in pain?  Pain makes one cranky....askmehowIknow.  But old age does it too.  :(   Our furry friends have lives toooo short!

Have fun with GrS, Jeepers.  :happy0203:

Despite all the hooha with stumbling X2 last nite, I took 2 Nuprin before I went to bed.  Slept very well [no Woody] and wasn't sore at all this morning.  :amen:  :amen:

Had vet for dog rabies shot and couple concerns.  All was good.  Then dental work for old mare.  She might be too old to gain weight but this might help.  Dental work for the big horse next week.  "Floating" horse teeth is normal as they age.  I helped with distracting dog with treats ....shade in the back yard.  Didn't go down to barnyard for horses.....TOO HOT.   :knary:

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 2

Well nuts. I don't get to go see my Gson today after all. DIL's father had an emergency and ended up in the hospital and they need to take care of that. He will spend a couple of days at their house recuperating and....I'd rather go next week. Kind of a bummer. I miss my Gson and I don't want him to grow up without me.

It'll turn out okay though as hopefully I can get to the doctor this week to finally get my meds refilled. Kind of short notice but we'll see. Dang it.

Sorry your travel plans changed, Jeepers.  I know you're looking forward to the next week!

Closing scheduled for next Friday, the 30th.  Bank had scheduled it for this Monday but the seller said that was not enough time for her to get out.  And with her history of falling recently, it would be best if she has time to get out beforehand.

I guess we are going to have to start packing up.  Boxes and totes!

• Like 1

How is our 2017 garden looking?  See for yourself...LOL   Yes, the tomatoes need re-staking...growing so tall! Harvested my first yellow table peppers and some Anaheims too...

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

• Like 2
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, Annarchy said:

Grrr has been a snappy growing brat to Gunny and me, so, guess what?  He's going with me this month. I told DH to train Gunny while I am gone.  Hopefully, this will calm Grrr down a little bit. He's old and cantankerous, growling at me when I step over him, when he's sleeping in the hallway.  Silly dog. IDK, he's really concerning DH & I. 

^Snip^

If he is growling at you while he's been sleeping maybe he is either losing his hearing or eyesight and he is being startled?  :shrug: 

IDK. He paced MIL's house before finally settling down next to my bed. When I got up this morning, he grumbled at me for turning on the light, rolled over and went back to sleep. :rolleyes:

WE2, your garden looks so beautifully green. That's awesome!

Ours is frying and drying up. Typical for our area. Time for me to prepare it for the fall. 

I went to the doctor today to get my meds filled. My regular nurse practitioner was booked this week so I saw a different one. She was okay but I like mine better.

Anyway they are now recommending a second pneumonia shot to supplement the first one. She said it's the one babies get. She started to say people of my age....I stopped her and said I'd take it. I have to go in tomorrow for blood work. Guess they are going to check my cholesterol, thyroid and she said they would do a routine test for hepatitis A. Whatever. Medicare is paying now as 'maintenance'. I also got a script for a mammogram. I'll call in two weeks. I need to schedule for a pap and she said it would be a good idea to get my neck ex-rayed to see what is going on in there. She felt pretty sure it is arthritis. This is why I hate going to the doctor. They can find more things to test for. At least she didn't mention my weight or a colonoscopy.  :D

It was strange this time because she brought in another guy with her. He was called a "scribe". She said all of the doctors in the office have them but since two of the doctors were out, she and the other NP got to use them. He just sat in the corner and I guess he typed everything we said. Creepy. I guess doctors have to CYA all the time now.