MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Mt. Rider, I'm certainly feeling your insurance pain. I hope you are seeing a light at the end of your tunnel too! I would have thought they could have seen your disability issues during that first office visit. Sigh.

Oh Miki, it sounds like things certainly are moving forward!  :cele:

Hmph.  We all know, Jeepers...common sense went out the window.  They have instruments that precisely measure hand grip [weak unless I jam it with reflex], time how fast you can put the odd-shaped itty-bitty widgets into matching holes  [same amount of slow on both left and right-MS affects my dominant hand more so they equal out], how well you coordinate your left/right hands [poorly- lil' round thingies kept popping up out of my hands, into the air].....etc.  All quite scientific, my dear Watson.  Sheeesh!  If they didn't change docs all the time at clinics, it would solve a lot.

Yea, Miki!  Inch by inch....step by step......  :rolleyes:

MtRider  ....won't it be grande to be settled in?  :pray:

9 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Yea, Miki!  Inch by inch....step by step...... 

Slowly, I turned...                                        LOL              Thanks, Mt. Rider!

9 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

On 5/30/2017 at 11:35 PM, Mt_Rider said:

Feeding tonite was a nightmare.  I was sooooo dizzy I could barely stay upright with my ski pole.  Only had to do ducks [they all run inisde for food nicely] and horses [who also cooperated tonite].  Sat shaking inside truck cab waiting for old horse to finish off her 'groceries'.  Drove up back up driveway to house  just as DH & Koa returned.  Good thing my last request as they left was....."bring home pizza for supper!"  :yum3:   Koa came home just in time to drag me up our steps.

Told DH that this does not fit with the usual MS stuff.  :scratchhead:  I don't have this type of severe DIZZY with MS.   It DOES feel like that persistent 'bug' DH and I kept getting rid of and coming back thru Feb/March this year.  Feel really really awful but other than super dizzy and huge weakness...nothing more specific.  That's what I felt like today.  Feeling some better now after pizza and resting this evening.  Shoot...if this persists, I just might go back to the new P.A. and see what she thinks about this.  DH did find an herbal formula that gets rid of it but....I'd like to know what it IS????

MtRider  .....now I'm confused.  :wacko:

Boy do I sympathize with the dizzy stuff!  I'm now using my cane when I'm in the garden.  Both to steady me but also to help myself up (since I don't let Abby in the garden) when I'm kneeling.  Vertigo has lots of causes.

Been nursing my back for a few days.  Mr has been working at the homestead, getting ready to torn off the bathroom water and remove the tub & vanity...while I sit on the loveseat and read and Abby lays at the front door watching out.

:(   WE2, back problems and dizzy can really slow a person down.  I'm glad the DIZZY was only one day for me.  Wonder what it was and if it will come back.  My mom has Menere's disease.....??

MtRider ...cool and cloudy  :thumbs:

Menere's disease...that's what I was trying to think of but couldn't. I've known two people who had it and they both said that (among other things) if they over do on the salt it can bring it on.

We2, I had vertigo one time, that I remember, quite well. I was standing on a hill top looking out over the city. I wasn't even near the edge. All at once I knew I was going to fall over the edge and I got very dizzy. The car was parked a few yards away and I had to crawl back to it. Ugh, not a good feeling at all. I hope your back feels better soon!!!

Good morning!  We are feeling cautiously optimistic this morning!  Took gift letter to bank yesterday and she asked if we knew when closing will be.  I said I didn't know if we were approved and she said the bank wouldn't have ordered the appraisal if we are not.  Appraisal is Monday.  She did say something could happen but hopefully we are good.  So, we will continue to wait, optimistically!

Going to pick string beans at some point today when it is not raining.  I have friends growing corn so I might check on getting some.  They are selling 100 ears for $20.  Since we will be moving, I just can't see getting that much so maybe 10 or 20 ears. 

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Had to make some phone calls.  Needed to ask why a bill went up, why our internet keeps breaking up, and why another company didn't cancel/change our service as we had asked for them to do in April!

After being on hold for 10 minutes, a lady with a very strong accent answered,  "Hello?"  I replied "Hello?", that happened two times before I asked if it was the company I was calling, "Yes", she said.  A pause, and I said "Hello? are you still there?".  "Yes" she replied.  At that point, I was beginning to get miffed, and asked her name. She replied, "Daisy", I wrote it down, with the time & date.  Again there was a long pause.  I asked again if it was the company, "Yes", then, in my frustration, I asked her, "Please let me talk to someone who knows what they are doing."  I heard her repeat what I said, then I heard a males voice mumbling in the background.  She replies, "Hello, this is Stacy with ____________ company, how may I help you?"  Oh geez, my blood pressure must have spiked at that moment.  I told her the dates, times, and people I had spoken to, when we had requested the change in our service.  She tells me there is nothing in the file indicating those phone calls.  I told her, because they had not changed our service when I had requested, in April, I was NOT going to pay the full bill.  Plus, they were supposed to send a return authorized box for the equipment we were returning.  I wasn't sure what she said, but I know it wasn't confirming the RA box was coming. Soooo, I said, "If you don't want the equipment back, I'll throw it away"  ....That got them motivated.....  They fixed our account and said the RA box would be here in a week.  I asked her for a confirmation # for the phone call and asked her again for her name, "Daisy or Stacy?"  She replies, "No, my name is Kazy" and spelt it for me.  Yeah, I almost sure, their phone representatives are not in the USA.  :blink:

The rest of the day, I ground up a bunch of dried celery, and made green chili enchilada sauce with the first harvest of tomatillos. 

Time to get cleaning the house, we have customers coming over after noon, and I want to be done by then.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Grass needs mowed again but I'm being lazy today because I didn't sleep last night. My sleep pattern is messed up again big time. One more night of it and I'll break out the Ambien. I rarely use it but I'm glad I have it when I need it. Three nights with zero sleep is more dangerous than an Ambien tablet I guess.

I did get all of my bills up to date and in the mail. I also got my quarterly State and Fed taxes in the mail early so I don't have to try to remember them again until next Sept. Thank goodness for the computer 'sticky notes' I keep on my desk top else I'd never remember them.

I think I'll head out to the library. They close at 5:30 on Fri-Sun. so I'd better get a move on. I need a shower first `cause my hair looks like an old roosters hind end in the back.   :rolleyes:   

I looked up some books I wanted to read on Amazon and found out most of them are at the local branch. I'm too tired to read them right now but I guess I'd better get them while they are on the shelf. I can keep them for 3 weeks and renew 3 times and so can everyone else so try to get what I want as soon as I think of it. Well, I guess you can't renew if someone else places a 'reserve' for it. Three weeks is plenty of time to read a book or two  IMHO.

Ach...yesterday was an 'eventful' day.  Began with a HEADACHE waking me up too early.  I cannot sit or lay with my headaches cuz my head will EXPLODE!  OW!  And since standing is harder to manage with my legs, I pace.  I think I'd log in a lotta miles while getting rid of headaches and while talking on the phone.  I also pace while on phone....I think it's cuz I'm kinesthetic type.  If my body isn't in motion, I'm not processing thots very well.  I'm ok if I'm looking at a person but on the phone, I don't do audio-only very well.  It's getting worse to hear words too.  So I log in miles all over my cabin and porch. 

After the headache is reduced, I can sit very upright in my recliner chair.  When I did that, I smelled dead mouse.  We've been putting out masa flour mixed with plaster of Paris....turns to concrete in G.I. tract of critter.  So I'm woefully concluding that some stupid mouse got upstairs to living space instead of dying decently down in garage space.  <_<   I got up and down from chair and again smelled it so strongly.  :scratchhead:   :o

OH, SHE (my cat) DID NOT LEAVE ME A 'GIFT' IN MY CHAIR!

Ah, well....yes  she  did!  I was sitting on the (thankfully fully DEAD) mouse!  :wacko:

Truely ICK!

Fortunately it wasn't bloody and was on the throw-blanket.  Took out mouse for disposal and blanket for washing.  Changed pants and added to blanket washing. 

Good Grief!  While I am HIGHLY APPRECIATIVE of her kill..... :cheer: ... and more so since I recently discovered ALL my lower kitchen cabinets are again CONTAMINATED.... :banghead:   .....but ON MY CHAIR? :groooansmileyf:   I need better lighting in this house.  Sheeeeeesh!  

Later, DH and I spent 'quality time' together trying to get the stupid printer to give us copies for my medical papers and for some tax client papers for him.  First...in this arid climate....you don't get much use from an ink cartrige.  They dry up if you aren't using the printer at least weekly.  AND when you bring a printer cartridge UP IN ELEVATION THIS HIGH.....IT EXPLODES when you open it.  :o   I held the bag open while he opened the cartridge.  That's a lot of ink to waste too!  :angry:  So then the printer wouldn't take the paper; wouldn't feed it thru right when it did take it.  DH held his finger on all but the top paper so it couldn't draw up ALL the sheets as it did repeatedly.  But top sheet had to be up high enough to be grabbed.  I think in all, printing 14 sheets cost us 2 hrs of time.  :motz_6:

The eventful day continued later with a rip-roaring thunder/lightning/hail/RAIN.  During that I was pacing and talking to a friend from a nearby town.  They weren't getting it but she could hear ours over the phone.  As the storm passed over and we had completely blue, clear skies, another out-of-state person called me.  I was tending to the laundry in garage area and stayed down there for it to finish.  Still more pacing....

So why did I have such a difficult time later, figuring out why the plantar fasciitis in my heel HURT SO BAD!  :busted:   Wore the compression sock and it hurt like the dickens all evening.  But today, it's fine.  [I do not wear compression sock thru the night while sleeping]

Very nice sunny day but could get more 'weather' again later today. 

MtRider  ....day to rest/recover I think.  :buttercup:

Edited by Mt_Rider

You sat on a dead mouse!!! :0327:

At least it was dead because you know where you would have got bitten. :runcirclsmiley2:

I hope you are feeling better! My son usually paces when he talks on the phone too.

I think I have that Plantar Fasciitis too but I'm not sure. I have a lot of heel pain when I stand too long which actually isn't for very long. They hurt even when I'm not standing on them.

I think I might be getting neuropathy too. I'm not sure about that either. I have one spot on the outside of my upper right thigh that gets hot to the touch, itches and burns like crazy. It's about the size of a silver dollar. Thankfully it doesn't happen all of the time. I thought neuropathy was mostly below the knees and in a joint area so I'm not sure what it really is.

Anyway, I made it to the library and all of the books I had written down were on the shelves. I swung past Wendy's to get a chicken sandwich. I just wanted the chicken part. Their chicken sandwiches are good because they use a real chicken breast instead of a processed patty. When I got there I saw a strawberry/mango salad that sounded interesting. I got that instead. It has grilled chicken in it so...win win. Looks pretty good. Will try it later tonight.  I also got a Mango Peach Green Tea. They are very good. So is their Tropical Green Tea.

I thought of you while I was in the library Mt. Rider. It was nice and cool in there and I was huffin' and a puffin' and sweating up a storm. I had to keep fanning myself with one of the books and my hair line was all wet. I couldn't wait to get back in the Jeep and blow that air conditioner in my face. I was  really a hot mess. And right after I had my weekly shower too.  :grinning-smiley-044:

Oh...I DEFINITELY thot of that mouse, had it still been alive when I sat on it!  :runcirclsmiley2: INDEED!

I tried Wendy's strawberry lemondade a couple wks ago.  :yum3:

MtRider  :bev:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

If you put a golf ball in the toe of a sock and roll it around on the floor with the painful part of your foot, mashing as hard as you can bear to, it helps break up the bindings that cause plantar fascia pain.  The sock helps keep the ball from scooting off under the nearest piece of furniture.  A softer ball, like a handball or a new tennis ball, is recommended if you're also going to lie on it to work your back.

If the ball doesn't help, you might have a spur instead.

Went looking at an acre today.  Couldn't get all the way there because it was a dirt road and my back seized up; I was on the road too much yesterday.  It's only an acre, but it would be off the end of a friend's little parcel, and all the neighbors have at least an acre apiece.  Pretty, pretty area, and it's clay-based soil instead of the sand/karst a little ways to the south.  I need to check the flood zone maps next.

• Like 2

You can do a whole lot with an acre! When I think of an acre I always picture a football field to get a perspective in my mind. You can plant about all of the fruits and veggies, chickens and goats you'd want with plenty of room left for a yard and a nice size house. One acre would be perfect for my needs.

I believe I've heard of the golf ball rolling thng, Ambergris.  Think I'd try that on a non-PAINFUL day.  :lol:  I've been using a compression sock that DH got me.  I do think it helps but am frustrated in not finding the magic pattern.  As in:  if I wear the sock for 4 hrs every other day, I'll greatly reduce my PAINFUL days.....  Or whatever.  But now I know "miles traveled on foot" is a variable to watch.  :shrug:

In a zone where at least the greater part of the year is "Not Freezing", an acre can be developed well. 'Course...more acres are very nice tooooo! 

And a friend nearby is invaluable....as long as friend is like-minded along certain lines and has stable/not variable personality.  Harsh road in and out.....difficult with structural health issues.  OW!  However, it's really the hallmark of a somewhat 'rural' area.  Rural = low population density.  Usual means independent-minded due to not having services immediately available.  [or else wealthy enough that it doesn't matter] :rolleyes:  Rural can also mean lower land prices.  Also means longer commute to job/store/medical/etc.

MtRider LIKES "rural"   :happy0203:

Edited by Mt_Rider
convoluted sentence..ack!

My son kept saying "This really IS in the middle of nowhere!"  And that's what I want.  It's also a surprisingly easy commute to work, more miles than I have now but with tractors to contend with instead of mid-town traffic--and it's east of my job, so the sun would not be in my eyes all the way to work and all the way home.  I hit brain issues when I tried to look up the flood zone and the results of the USDA soil survey. Seriously, I used to be people's go-to person for research, and now I can't make head nor tail of what I'm looking at.  Frustrating!

We used to get a killing frost at least once per winter here, in my current yard, but not any more.  I need to ask about there.  I know the wind pattern is a bit different.

I hit brain issues when I tried to look up the flood zone and the results of the USDA soil survey. Seriously, I used to be people's go-to person for research, and now I can't make head nor tail of what I'm looking at.  Frustrating!  

Oh do I know THAT one!   :gaah:  

One of my phrases as I moved into MS was: " I don't mind looking like a gimp but I really hate looking like and IDIOT!"

Well the HEAT was up to 70 degrees on my porch thermometer in the sun.  Inside was hotter or..... :sigh:  I'm getting more heat intolerant.  I had an anxious hour or so as I grabbed the fan DH providentially brought up from the basement this morning.  [the other old fan apparently just died]  I don't know if the swamp cooler is hooked up yet or not....and I couldn't afford to be outside on the sunny side to mess with it.  Minutes can count. 

I need to be able to frequently check from across the room, so I have a Galileo thermometer.  It has bubbles that sink as the heat goes up. 

3 bubbles up = ok. 

2 bubbles = caution. 

1 bubble = GET COOLER! 

Zero bubbles = :runcirclsmiley2:

I had ZERO bubbles..... :knary:

I finally got at least my bedroom [NE corner of house] cool enough.  Absolutely COULD NOT find the sliding-window-screen thingie.  Supposed to have 2 and :shrug:S  So I opened the bedroom window without a screen and kept a wary eye out for birds, bees, butterflies....  :rolleyes:  It was a VERY nice cool breeze from the non-sunny side of the house. 

Hmmmm...this is the THIRD time this season that I've had to get out my cool packs, etc and take action.  And we had snow last week..... Sheeeeeeesh!

MtRider  .....mebbe I can't leave 9,000' in the Rockies  :yar:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I know that feeling too Ambergris. Sometimes I have to read something over and over for it to sink in. Other times I just stare at the page waiting for my brain to fire so I can just start reading. I'm wondering if the back-to-back whiplashes I had years ago are a reason. I'm certainly feeling the results of them now in my back and neck.  :sigh:

This morning DH and I got the final prep done for running swamp cooler.  Had to hook up water and blow out the initial dust/grit from inside the box.  For that we lay a sheet over the whole bed to catch the drift.  Wasn't bad this year.  The first year I didn't have a sheet over and whoa....what a mess.  Had to take down all the insulating materials stuffed into that NW window for the winter.  It's totally closed up from the cold.  I was really dropping...light-headed/weak....but we did it before I had a chance to eat more than a piece of beef jerky.  He was in hurry cuz of getting to work.  :0327:   Ate and crawled on hands/knees back to bed.  Rested and feel better now.  MUCH! 

Still haven't gotten his fans switched out.  Took broken fan out to porch.  Other one still on floor.  Have to move old [large version, pre-digital] TV out.  Had been using as screen for DVD's, etc.  It blew out this past week as well as the fan.  All our ancient equipment it blowing at once.  :sigh:  It's gonna cost a million to take it all to the dump.  We're royally ripped off here in this county.  Too many idiots in this region thinking that trash means you are wasting goods and you ought to be highly penalized.  The TV and defunct DVD player are 18 yrs old and the fan is likely around the same.  All breaking down now.  We do not buy new stuff.  We've taken that fan apart to clean/oil countless times.  WHY wouldn't we?  Too many alleged environmental freaks who are embarrassingly ignorant of what they're saying.  Those of us from the old ways have always 'reused' and 'made do' in ways that that would make the younger folks squeak in discomfort and distaste.  Hmph!  Too poor to take stuff to this dump.  Might be cheaper to travel a 100 miles to dump it in a place with reasonable cost?  ...and I'm not kidding.

'Course the mts of CO are dotted with green/yellow/red weather cells today.  Saw the sun early.  Then thunder rain.  Now just clouds and :happy0203: COOL! 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

Wow, it sure is different out there. All we have to do is put stuff on the curb every Friday and they take it away. Even furniture and large appliances. There are a few things they won't take like paint, car fluids, tires and a couple of other things I can't think of. But they will let you drop that stuff off a couple of times a year. Our electric company will come and haul away your old stove, refrigerator or freezer for free and give you $50.00 to boot.

"Greenies" moan and groan about how wasteful we oldies are but what are we supposed to do when the stuff we buy now days is cheap garbage not meant to last for decades like when we were younger. When my generation made something it lasted. Their generation makes throw-away products and then gripe because we are wasteful.

Or they put out new technology and before you know it, it's obsolete and won't work with any other device and they no longer service it so you are forced to upgrade. I wonder how many cell phones have been dumped since the turn of this century. I'm still a little bitter about losing Windows XP and Vistas Sidebar.

• Like 3

I got up early and got the yard mowed today. All except the back part because it started to sprinkle. I don't worry with the back yard too much. I usually only mow it every other time anyway. It's only 62 degrees and was pleasant mowing.

My D-ex sent me a package of peeps for my birthday. He poked a hole in the packages so they could start to dry up just the way I like them. Sigh. Do you suppose he still loves me? :24:

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

I got up early and got the yard mowed today. All except the back part because it started to sprinkle. I don't worry with the back yard too much. I usually only mow it every other time anyway. It's only 62 degrees and was pleasant mowing.

My D-ex sent me a package of peeps for my birthday. He poked a hole in the packages so they could start to dry up just the way I like them. Sigh. Do you suppose he still loves me? :24:

Or he's about to ask if he can borrow something...

• Like 1