MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

2020 Corona Virus

Seems to be rising in VA also. I went to Bennett's Creek Market to pick up our dinner the day before Thanksgiving and the manager came out to talk with me a bit and to find out how DH is doing.  He said they all had to get tested as a cashier tested positive and was sick but came to work anyway. She's not there now. But they had to scrub everything down and clean and everyone was told they had to be checked, I think he said 3 others tested positive. So it is right here around us for the first time in my area that we are aware of. This was all a week ago. They all have to go back and be tested again but not sure when. I for one am staying out of the market for a long while. Though I don't go there often.  I am still staying away. That was a close as I want to get. So not going anywhere. All RX's are good for about 3 months now and we have plenty of milk and eggs now. for a while. So I am going into hibernation for a while. Can't take the chance of getting this with DH.  Though I did come home after what I found out, left the food in car since it was cool long enough for me to wash hands, go change clothes and jump in shower. Felt like I had cuties after finding out about it being in store. Then got food into house and put away for Thanksgiving day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

DH said last night, according to the social security administration, they say, in their numbers study they just completed, the death amount for 2020 is only 1% higher than in the last 10 years.

There is hope.  

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Annarchy said:

DH said last night, according to the social security administration, they say, in their numbers study they just completed, the death amount for 2020 is only 1% higher than in the last 10 years.

There is hope.

DH mentioned the same thing...or the same article.  We were all astonished to hear how many die of 'the ordinary flu' every year.  The numbers of COVID sound staggering.  And yet....  it hasn't been a Wipe-Out-The-Nation as it seemed.  1% higher is still a LOT of individuals, of course.  I liked it when our CO governor stated:  Every number has a name.  True.  :( 

I think the bigger deal is overrunning ICU beds in hospitals....and wearing out the hospital/medical staff.  :faint3: 

BUT....we're not being wiped off the face of the earth.  ....not yet, anyway.  COVID does not look like it will be the vector for the TEOTWAWKI. 

It's possible that the traffic accidents were brought way down during the lock-down periods....and as more people are still Zooming to work/school instead of zooming on highways.  And shopping by Amazon, etc.  And maybe we aren't getting other types of flu cuz the world is doing the Asian mask thing during the "flu season"?  I think Asian countries have been doing masks in winter since SARS.  That was a terrifying scare for them that we didn't experience. 

I heard someone comment [can't credit cuz can't remember who....]:  Whether it helps to mask and keep physical distance....  Do NOT Social Distance.....only Physical Distance.  Keep up your social contacts no matter what!  I think that's good advice. 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 5
On 11/27/2020 at 2:29 AM, Jeepers said:

Littlesister, I saw a video about that. It was on TJ Preps Rumble account. See what I posted down in the Edge about her link. TJ posted a video of a woman explaining it all. 

I don't know if it's true or not. Very disturbing if it is. 

From what I have been searching, it is true. We are in deep, deep trouble.

• Sad 1

I have heard in VA we are up almost 8,000 I think.  But I am thinking it might be a bit more depending on rather it is Northern VA or South side.  They don't tell you that figure that I have been able to find. So thinking that number is only part of VA.

Not to be insensitive to the staggering burden this COVID has been.......

But there are some very humorous bits too......

True story.....we had that unfortunate episode last spring with food poisoning [the shrimp I forgot to put in the fridge overnite].  But...it was such a COLD night!  THOT it would be ok tho it sat out.  :busted:   Hmmm.....not funny at the time....hours of T.P. use...   Very fortunate we didn't have to rely on alternate T.P. ...like the local phone books.   :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider

201130.TP-eat.own.cooking.d.jpg

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Haha 8

OK....note that this was published by Yahoo! News.   Can be a bunch of Yahoos telling tall tales just to Make News.... 

Therefore I would advise that anyone click on the links to get a better idea of exactly WHAT and HOW MUCH the data really stated.  But then, that's a good plan with ANY data.  [Caution:  I think the claim for any real significance for asthma folks is weak]

That said, I had seen some of this data in other places, months ago.  Specifically the blood types.  So if you want to see if you won [maybe] the blood type lotto.....  But remember, it's still just statistics.  [Mark Twain: There are lies, d**m lies and statistics!]

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/common-condition-might-safe-covid-221000623.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_15

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 2

I have heard that also Mt. Rider.  And if that is the case then DH is good to go. He has asthma and type 0 blood. But I am taking that as a grain of salt. Viruses don't care what you have. If it is going to attack you, it will. don't think a virus will know what blood type or disease you might have. Maybe the symptoms would be less but if what they say is true, then there really is something fishy about this virus we are not being told. Yes I do have my suspicions about this virus. 

• Like 3

From a friend on another board that I visit.  Posted yesterday.

One of my family members accepted a teaching position at an international academy in Guangzhou, China, on the Southern coast of China. She arrived there two weeks ago and finished her quarantine, during which she was shut up in a hotel room for 14 days and was not permitted to exit. Food and other necessities were delivered to her. Upon completing the quarantine and getting a negative test she was permitted into the city and was surprised to find that there were almost no restrictions due to the virus. She said the risk is considered to be almost negligible and there are very few cases. I've not had further communication to find out what measures were taken but I'm extremely curious to know how it is that a city in China, the size of Chicago, is nearly virus free. I expect the answer will be of great interest. If there's interest here, I'll post more as I receive more news from her. I suspect there's some kind of voodoo going on...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Miki, I have said all along though I haven't said much, that something smells about this virus.  Seems the Dems have been having their elaborate parties. No mask, no social distancing. Nothing.  All the while behind this so called virus, They are trying to destroy America.  Changing the constitution, Doing away with Church, taking our freedoms away and so much more. 

I for one would love to know more. But being in communist China, she may need to be very careful.  Prayers for her safety and think you for the info. I think our country has been lying to us through their teeth.

• Like 2

"Government-mandated pandemic shutdowns may force cash-starved hospitals to attribute patient deaths to COVID-19, even if another comorbidity or accident, caused the death. What role might a Medicare COVID-19 'bounty' play in the growing trends, as cases and deaths from the novel coronavirus spike to new records? And what to make of the stat that 89% of those who die from the pandemic had an advanced directive 'Do Not Resuscitate' order (DNR)?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just got a message from my niece detailing a few if the Covid measures in Guangzhou. First, at the airport, international passengers are segregated all the way through the system and apparently the workers dealing with them are in hazmat gear. Then the 14 day mandated quarantine at a government designated hotel. So, everyone at this hotel is in quarantine and has no contact of any kind with the outside world.

Then they have what she called the QR system which is tied to their healthcare system. Basically, she said without your ID which had your health info and your latest Covid test results, you are not permitted entry into public buildings. So, the all powerful government there has taken some draconian measures. I'll post more info as I get it...

• Thanks 2

Thanks Miki. I wonder what the streets look like. Is it business as usual or are they still empty. Do they all wear masks. Probably in the city but I wonder what the rural areas look like. 

I'm sure she is limited in what she can say, and see and her communications heavily censored. Thanks for posting what info she can give. Prayers that she stays safe!  :pray:

• Like 2

Hi Mikki :wave:...I had the virus in November (it's not nice stuff).  I wonder if I'd be considered immune to spreading it and/or getting it if I were to travel there.  NOT that I have any plans on even leaving my area let alone traveling all over the world. 

• Like 1

I think I had it way back before it was known as the Covid mess too. But not 100% sure.

I heard where if you had the virus you still had to take the vaccine. Then I heard there was a series of two shots. Then I heard you will need a yearly shot like the flu shot because it mutates. They just keep upping the ante, huh. 

I'm not going to China any time soon but I would like to go to Indiana without spreading or catching it. 

I heard where they are closing a lot of the neighborhood emergency care clinics so they can transfer the staff to the hospitals because so many of the hospital staff are out sick. I think I know why my doctor retired in July. And I don't think she was 50 years old yet. Smart move Donna. 

• Like 2

Jeepers, I think medical people and teacher's are smart to retire.  No one seems to care much about them no matter how hard they work or what they do.  

I tested positive so know I had it.  Part of last December and January DH was so tired and in bed most of the time.  He never really hurt but just miserable and tired.  So, I think he had it back then too.  I am so in hopes he did because his health isn't the best and I sure don't want him getting it now.  

I think part of the misinformation on all the virus, vaccines, etc. is people want instant answers and won't let them take the time to really learn and figure things out.  Life didn't used to be instant and open to the world to criticize and bicker about before anyone knew anything.  I remember when the polio vaccine came out.  There had been talk but no answers.  Then suddenly there was a vaccine, we were lined us up in the lunchroom of the school cafeteria and they shot us all. :0327:

I suppose there were parental permission slips but my mother had we 3 vaccinated for everything that came along.  :D

• Like 2