MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Becca_Anne

Thank you Becca Anne. My DH collects these old red trucks and smiled when he saw it.  

I’m wishing you and all my Mrs S family a very merry Christmas. May your day be filled with love and joy. :grouphug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas to ya'll!   I made myself some crab legs to celebrate tonight.  I haven't had any in years so it was a nice treat.

I will be alone again but I still have memories of my sweet hubby.

Hoping 2024 is better than 2023 was!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Momo, this is my third Christmas without my DH. Though family has kept me busy. 

It's still hard and I don't think it ever gets any easier. But I do keep busy and now with a new great grandbaby that helps even more. 

Does any of your family live near you?  If possible, try to have Christmas with them. I know that is hard if they live any distance from you though. 

You are thought of during this holiday season. :grouphug:and Merry Christmas from all of us here on Mrs. S.

• Like 4

***----***----***---- Merry Christmas  ----***----***----***

:pray:                             :D                                             :amen:                                            :coffeescreen:                                :pray:                                 :happy0203:                   :grouphug:        

:frozen: ....stay safe and warm ....enjoy family and friends.    :feedme:   :hapydancsmil::008Laughing: :hug3: 

MtRider  ....and come back here with funny stories instead of dire ones  {looking at the Indy/Ohio star }   :pray: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Momo,  my Mom always said as long as a person is remembered they are not truly gone.  Your DH is there in memories.  And as the others said, we are there with you in thought.  :hug3:

And Jeepers, I am also thinking of you being unable to be with your family this year.  :hug3:  

My DD, DGS, and SIL will be here for soup and sandwiches later today but they are the only ones out of over forty kids, grands, and great grands in our family we will be with.  Like you Jeepers, it was more our choice than theirs because of age and infirmity but it is still Christmas.  I am able to smile because I can still celebrate the reason for the season. 

Merry Christmas everyone.  :grouphug:

• Like 4

Well, change of plans and DH and I will be lone today after all.  DD just called to say they are not feeling well and will not be coming. I am so grateful they are thinking of us and do not want to bring us germs we don’t need.  We will freeze the soup I made yesterday and I believe I will get out the two frozen meals I made up of Thanksgiving’s leftovers.  Turkey and all the trimmings sounds good.  😋 Who says it doesn’t pay to be prepared?  :happy0203:

• Like 8

Mother you are lucky to have a truly considerate daughter.  I just love it when someone hugs me and then I find out later they were sick.  For some reason folks with strep throats seem to love to share the most. When DH was in and out of hospitals alot I could not believe the sick families clogging up the waiting rooms and even going into the ICU unit.

I pray all of you here have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mother that was really thoughtful of your daughter to not bring you what they have come down with. 

But then who said Jesus was born on December 25th. We celebrate his birth on this day, but the bible indicates he was really born somewhere in the months of August, September or maybe October.  So, we can really celebrate Christmas anytime. So long as we remember the true meaning of Christmas, we are all good to celebrate any time of the year. Maybe your family could have a get together later after the New Year. Or if everyone is well could get together on New Years Day if everyone is well by then and celebrate Christmas. 

Tomorrow I am going to start canning turkey soup and navy beans and ham soup. I still have the bones from the turkey in fridge so will either put that in freezer for later or go ahead and make the bone broth from that. While I am canning the soups. Need to see if I still have everything, I need to make the broth though. 

• Like 5

Just sitting here thinking about everyone here on this special day that are homebound or just home alone today. For me it is just me and my GS. He will be all over the neighborhood in a bit playing on his new long board (skateboard to me) So he will be out and about most of the day. 

Just been thinking about DH and the good times we had today. He may not be with us anymore, but he is definitely here with me in spirit. 

Momo special prayers for you to remember all the good times you have had over the years.  Merry Christmas to everyone. And have a very blessed New Year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So true Momo. Our family was always bad about bringing sick kids around us.  1. The kid is sick. Put them to bed and  2. No one else want's their crud.  :mad:

Christmas always seems to be about surprises and change of plans. Mother, your daughter was very thoughtful and respectful of you and your husband! That was very unselfish of her. She was probably more disappointed than you guys were. Disappointed that she couldn't come and disappointed feeling that she let you down. She's a good daughter though! You are blessed to have her. I know you already know that.  :hug3: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We are ADAPTABLE people and adaption starts in the mind/emotions.  When I think of Christmas imperatives I had so long ago.  Must have a lighted tree.  Must have this and that and uphold the family traditions.  Making cookies to pass around to friends.  Homemade this or that.  It's not Christmas without ........  :tapfoot: 

:rolleyes:  Well, that was a very long time ago.  There is no tree in this tiny house.  Well, the house is made of logs so some years I draped the colored lights over the log ends of the loft.  2 yrs ago we still had mom here and she and I got their tree up and decorated and lights around the porch railing.  Nothing at my house but I did always have a tree at there.  It was the last time tho....  And this year I did get to decorate with here at mom's new Assisted Living apartment.....which I enjoyed. 

But our holidays have been pared down quite a bit since we have no family left here in CO anymore.  In the high country, people who get older disappear - go off to live near to their younger generations.  Many have to get out of the high altitude.  So we've lost LOTS of friends that way too. 

So today DH and I baked/heated a small ham, scalloped cheesy potatoes from a box (not bad), store-made coleslaw (tasty), Red Lobster biscuit mix biscuits (good) and of course DH's homemade sweet potato pie.  :feedme:    We didn't exchange gifts much with other family.  DH sends food gift baskets to Maui and D.C.  He and I know what we've gotten recently and that's enough.  Nothing wrapped.  It's simple but cozy.  It's Christmas.... even without the Must Haves or Dearly Wanna Haves.  We've grown older and wiser (?) to be content with what's possible and reasonable. 

But I'm still chuckling at my former adamant self....  :lol:      Ah...for the ENERGY to carry out all that!!!!  :0327:   :grinning-smiley-044:

Full moon tonite?    .....ACK!  I went outside to check and .....it's ZERO DEGREES out there with a enough breeze to make it nasty! :frozen:   And cloudy....no view of moon, full or otherwise.  :shrug: 

MtRider   ....Merry Christmas and it's aftermath to all....  :amen:  

• Like 7

Yeah, someone at the Little Cousins' dinner on...23rd? must have been sick.  Yesterday H was in Loja taking care of godbaby's mother in the hospital (getting stabilized and rehydrated) while H's husband took care of godbaby while I spent my second straight day shuffling between bed and toilet.  

• Sad 6

Oh no, ambergris.  I’m so sorry but also so glad little godbaby doesn’t have it.    Take very good care that you don’t end up in the hospital as well.  :hug3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No, the kids almost all got sick, but for the babies, and adults stayed well except us.  One kid who got sick shared a huge plate of fried rice with her mom, who did not.

Luckily, it was a short-lived bug.  

• Like 4