MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just joined, and glad too!

sassenach

Hello everyone. Got your link on a yahoo group about such things. Nice to see a site for women. Looks like some great posts. I live in a small apartment but have millions of acres of mountains and lakes and rivers around me in the Adirondacks. It is easy enough to dissappear up here. I live in a small town on the eastern side. I have lived in a number of states and was raised in Santa Barbara Ca, but love small towns and hope I can save up some money to buy a few acres in WV possibly, or Texas, and be much more self sufficient. I moved from northern California, Humboldt county about four yrs. ago, and came to where my father was born and raised.

I am a navy veteran. I was a parachute rigger and did military police work for a while. I am a spiritual person. My son who is now 28 the end of this month has carried on the generational military service as well. He is in Quantico VA right now. His fiance will be in Camp LeJeune NC very soon. They are both officers but were prior enlisted. My son graduated from the Naval Academy and likes working with young people so he will be pursuing a teaching masters and phd. Penny, his fiance will maybe continue for twenty yrs in the Marines but she might get out. She is a fine photojournalist and has a degree in Agriculture. They are fine young adults and I look forward to meeting her eventually!

I love to read, have a dad who was also a very fine newsman before they got rich, and he has done many things that made my childhood pretty unique. But I love country living and always wanted my own few acres and that seems like a very practical goal for me in the next so many years.

I love to travel and get to know people from all walks of life. I love reading and writing and hope to work on some books to get them self published to begin with. This may be the only way I could afford land and a greener style home. I would love to be independent again.

where does one post helpful websites?

arby

Arby, it's such a pleasure to 'meet' you. We're glad you've found us at MrsS.

It sounds like you're in a great place and to go back to your *roots* per se, is very special. I kinda did the same thing. My dad was born and raised in the deep south and I ended up moving rural here in the south myself. It's kinda nice because I'll talk about things here and he knows exactly what I'm saying because he spent so many years in a similar element.

As far as posting helpful websites, I guess just post them when they pertain to a post you're making, or to a particular forum that is generally about that topic.

If you need anything, just let us know!

Alright!!!!! Another writer! What kind of books are you hoping to publish?

Originally Posted By: arby
...I love reading and writing and hope to work on some books to get them self published to begin with....

arby

Welcome to MrsSurvival! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" preparedness/survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Welcome Arby-love your sandwichs-lol. Am very familiar with Camp LeJeune/Camp Geiger/Onslow Beach/Cherry Point area. If yours wants a good home cooked meal tell him to drive 3 hours West and holler.

Glad to have you aboard even if you are an old "swabbie"/"squid"--LOL, wc

Hello Arby, glad you're here! Our DSIL is also a prior enlisted/now officer stationed at Quantico, and a DS is now out of the Marines (but, as you know - once a Marine, always a Marine). DH is retired AF. Anyway, I digress. This is a great site, and I'm glad you found us.

Welcome Arby...love your roast beef and cheddars! happy02

Looking forward to reading some of your posts here.

busted

Louis...you come out from behind that couch now you hear me?

Archived