MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayers Please...Panic Attacks

Aint2nuts

I am having one panic attack after another tonight. I can't breath, and I need something to clear my sinuses. I keep having coughing attacks -- my asthma is acting up. I am feeling like I am going to die tonight and just can't get that thought outta my head. Not being able to breath is NOT helping.

I can't find my anxiety medication and I have looked everywhere.

Please pray I find it.

Thank HSMom. My daughter found it for me, it had fallen under my desk! I am still feeling panicy, but the medicaiton should help in about a half an hour. Times like this I wish I had shots I could give myself. :-(

Angela, do you ever get the house too hot and it feels like you cant breathe? I have that happen, if Im riding in someones car and its too hot.....it happens too.

One thing, other than coffee or tea, is just going in and taking a lengthy hot shower, as the steam really helps. Maybe a bowl of hot water and covering your head with a towel over the bowl might help ? Worth a try. Sometimes thats helpful to me.

Chamomile tea or sweet dreams tea from Bigelow is usually on most market shelves, and it helps me when Im getting panicky at times, or like you, didnt take a med for it. Its good to keep handy.

Coffee helps asthma and I realize you may be LDS? well in this case its medicinal to have a cup, if you have no other problems with coffee, but maybe some soothing tea would work better altogether.

And certainly, you are on my mrs s prayer list! I will be setting down soon to do a prayer time after I get back from the post office.

praying

Awww sweetie, you still sounded bad on the phone today. I hope things are better in the morning! Hugs and prayers going your way

Do take care! Sometimes eucalyptus oil steam inhaled works wonders...but if you are having a panic sort of attack, draping your head under a towel and over a bowl probably wouldn't help.

I send you lots of hugs and calm deep breaths.

I have another cold. I wasn't even recovered from teh bronchitis and this is starting AGAIN! Runny nose, congestion, sore throat, tired, cough, and short of breath.

I can't breath at night, and can't sleep.

Panic overwelms me making it harder to breath.

I never take breathing for granted, and this is just getting worse. ick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

It was bronchiatis with asthma, and possibly reflux. I am being treated for all three of them. Not fun. It is almost two months since I got sick and this not breathing stuff is driving me nuts.

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

praying you will be feeling much better now.

I know with asthma and all, it can be bad.

I suffered for years until they put me on a nastle spray and an inhailer. Now, I haven't been to the dr. hardly ever for bronchiatis. smile I also have the reflux problem too. Wonder if it goes along with asthma and such.

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Angela, try my grandmas recipe for colds and breathing, mix 1/2 cup honey honey with a tablespoon of lemon juice and a table spoon of cayenne pepper. Take a spoonful every couple hours. Or if your brave do what I do and take a tablespoon of cayenne pepper and stir it into a small glass of cold water and chug. ;0) Cayenne is a vasodilator and will help your breathing.

I thought I would just update on this thread what is going on.

I called the adoption social worker for the kids, and she said that they don't know yet if they are going to be cut, that have been told yes, they have been told that they are going to have to take time off without pay, but they don't know if the adoption subsidies are going to be affected and if so, how much.

She said there was supposed to be a meeting with the parents...but I can't be there. I am in AZ and the meeting is in CA. So no dice.

The beginning of next month I will be cutting things that just can't be afforded if I don't have the adoption subsidies.

ARGH!

Angela, I will keep you close in prayer. I had my first panic attack 30 years ago. I became agoraphobic and didnt leave my home for 5 years. Believe me when I say I understand and you are not alone. Through therapy, the right combination of meds and learning coping skills, I havent had a full blown panic attack in 15 years. Anything I can do or if you need an ear just pm me. Always glad to help in anyway.

My husband swears by cayenne in a shotglass of lemon juice, heated.

Well, let's say he gulps it and then swears as much as possible between the gags and the whoops--but he takes it again several hours later.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived