MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Thanksgiving To All at MrsS.

quiltys41

Just wanted to wish everyone here at my internet Home a Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless you and yours this holiday. I know we here out at our house have had our socks blessed off this year in so many ways and we are grateful and humbled for God bless us like He has this past year. I just pray that you will all be as happy as we are. We are rich in everything except money, but when you have love from your family, money doesn't seem quite so important if you kwim? :D

So have a wonderful day and don't eat too much. For those of you hitting Black Friday...good luck and be safe. For those traveling, please be safe out there!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Q

4:15.....alarm rings and I can't FIND it....oh, it fell down there :o

4:28....stumble out to kitchen, :blink: turn on hot water kettle...it's a hot cocoa morning

4:30...don coat & pants over pj's - grab phone, and go outside-down stairs & into basement to fetch the turkey from spare fridge.....BRRRRRRR...about fifteen degrees. [check for ...um, nearby wildlife before venturing forth]

4:35...exchange coat for down vest & apron over pj's (ain't that a picture! :P But it's cold inside too!)

4:38...wash, prep turkey

5:00....turkey is IN the oven! :woohoo:

5:01...eating toast with cocoa (which is now lukewarm)

5:10...washing dishes - sanitize sink

5:20...mashing previously-baked sweet potatoes with butter, sugar, salt, milk

5:21....discover that the stick of butter sitting out all nite is still QUITE hard...it's COLD in the house!

5:40....new plan to deal with unyielding butter: Put mixing bowl into larger bowl of HOT water and mix till butter FINALLY is softened and blended

5:45...adding flour, baking powder to the mix - blend carefully - pat into bowl for chilling till ready to bake at my folk's house later (new recipe...sounds good) :yum3:

6:00....having the last of the cold toast and very cold cocoa

6:04....washing dishes again

6:15...mashing the rest of the baked sweet potatoes (good sale so I got 6#) and put into freezer bags

6:30...cleaning up mess from that and .....

6:40...washing dishes AGAIN ;)

6:50....wondering if I can go back to sleep for a while and decide I'm not quite at that point...SO....

here I am and wishing you all a very GOOD DAY OF THANKFULNESS FOR OUR GOD'S PROVISIONS AND BLESSINGS. :amen:

MtRider [ ...thinking of going back to bed now.....so I don't make any more dirty dishes! ]

Happy Thankful day to everyone!!! Hope you all have days filled with great food and family!

We have already celebtrated twice this year, taking advantage of weekends when family & freinds were in town to celebrate with us. Always thankful in this house....

:D

I keep eyeballing that bird out back who turned out to be (another!) rooster... Just about the right size for dinner... Hmmm...

He's quiet so far but one cock-a-doodle-doo at 5:30am, and he's gone.

I should make him a little Pilgrim hat, he's safe for this Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving from Nutmeg the Rooster!

Archived