MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good Grief

Jeepers

Boy have I been MIA. Very long story short I had internet problems that would not go away. Then after a while I got so used to it, I didn't even bother with it anymore. I guess I was off about 8 months or so. I'm still "negotiating" with ATT over issues. At this point I'm sick of them and don't really care what they deside. I got back on line and forgot all about my virus protection being expired. Two days was all it took to get a very nasty virus. It took almost $300.00 to get rid of it! Not a very good start back on the WWW. But, I'm covered for two more years and if I get any more they will take it off for "free". My phone was out also. It took them a week to go to their substation and jiggle the wire to get that back in operation.

Then there were a couple of deaths in the family. I'm in Ohio and my best buddy/friend/cousin died in South Carolina. I went down and stayed with her through it till the end. Then we had the service in Indiana. Bittersweet.

Through it all I've continued my preps. I finally got my BOB started. I have that backpack stuffed! I was drying some carrots but it is just too hot to run the dehydrator. I don't want to add anymore heat to the house than necessary. There is always next week or so. It is miserable hot here.

I'm doing repairs on the house too. Some of it I can do myself but most of it I have to hire out. I've let this place go way too long and now it seems to need everything at once. Not a good plan. I can see now it is going to cost a small fortune. It wouldn't hurt so bad if I had spread it out more. Ya live...ya learn.

The whole internet looks different to me and I'm still getting used to navigating around. I never was good at attachments etc. and I see unfamiliar things here too but I'll get in the groove before long. I lost all of my bookmarks and email addresses.

I thought of you ALL often and am sure glad to get back home! :grouphug:

:balloons: You sure were gone for a long time, Jeepers! Sorry to hear it was such a hard era for you. I know that "computer/Internet problems" deal too well. I've had a horrid time in the past two yrs. I *just* got connection ability for wireless and... *poof* ....they call to say someone vandalized their cables or some such. :0327:

I'm so glad to see that we are gathering old friends back again. Doesn't it seem like quite a few are returning?

:blink: Cat....it must be PARTY TIME!

MtRider [i just want the cake and icecream. ;):yum3: ]

Archived