MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Up at 3 am. Sigh
Started salt rising bread again last night and actually got it to foam. Just put it in the oven.
Church will be next.
Walk dogs if it isn't raining.
Visit BIL. Just found out he broke 3 ribs about a week ago and may be getting pneumonia again. Haven't heard from FIL with hospice today.
Will make stuffed chicken breasts when we get home.
That's all. I'm dizzy and nauseas which are 2 big signs to me that my stone may move soon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Hope the stone is gone.

Today was a pig-cook that started at 7 (when they slit the pig's throat).  I left after it had been going for ten hours and only about ten people were still hanging out.

Today was also the blessing of vehicles day at the church, and the priest was nice enough to come by after mass and bless the housekeeper's car, her son in law's truck (both magnets for trouble) and a relative's car even though these were all people who skipped the mass to eat pig and drink traditional beverages.  The blessing included opening the hood to sprinkle the engine, although I was not close enough to hear what was said.  A large chunk of cake was sent out to the priest, which he divided between his two altar girls.

Edited by Ambergris
  • Like 4

I'm surviving our heat.  Wearing a Chilly Towel (damp, hydrophylic cloth ) around my neck.  And shower/wash hair.  Left hair wet - put in a bun and it will be a curly MESS that I'll deal with tomorrow.  DH isn't really able to get the A/C window unit up the stairs and into the front window this year.  Back hurting from long ago injury and more recent re-injury.  Also, he hasn't gotten his stitches out from his surgery on back yet.  So....I'm working around this heat.  Like an idiot, I baked scalloped potatoes and used the last of the ham two days ago.  Add to the heat in the house??  Sheeesh! 

We did switch very quickly from being on the nicely chilly side to Way Too Hot For Me!  :knary:    But I've learned ways to beat it here.  And once the sun dips below the ridge west of us, we're good.  Cools down and fans keep going to draw it into the house.  Going into town tomorrow tho......   My cognitive appt for which I've spent several interesting hours on 'homework'.  Our vehicle does not have strong A/C...... so I'll be bringing the large and small ice/gel packs.  And I really can't go with DH to his In-Town surgeon follow up appt on Tues.  It's too far with low functioning A/C.  He gets the final stitches out tho.  :amen:  The long drive is bad on his back.  :(  

:pray: for Miki and GS to get thru this painful stone issue.   Haven't experienced it.  Is there a way that you don't get a repeat?  :(  

I'm envious of Kappy/CSMary and Becca Anne and Little Sister for the fresh garden eating they can enjoy.  :woohoo:   

Jeepers..... I'll just pray everything for you.  Health.  Banking.  House ...both of them.  Just ready to call it DONE in Ohio.....just a little longer.....  :pray:  Glad you were able to have some fun in Amishland tho.

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Miki, I hope that stone doesn't give you a lot of issues and you can pass it fast.

Mt. Rider, Stay cool. It's been getting hot here. Glad your DH is recovering nicely.  Had a lot of rain yesterday and the day before. Squash is about done. I'm wondering if I can plant more or if it will be to late in the season now. Tomatoes are just starting to ripen. 

Jeepers I hope you get the permits soon and they can get started on that house. It's been a long ride on that. 

GS definitely passed the stone last night.  He is feeling much better now. Though I think he has moved back in on me but not sure. He never asked if he could move back. I was only having him stay with me to keep an eye on him and make sure he took his antibiotics and was drinking lots of water. He will go back to work tonight.  He bought all his clothes and things he had at his friends house back to my house.  He got mad because this friend has 2 dogs and he was starving them. They were not potty trained and had no training at all. He thinks also he was mistreating them but not around GS. One dog died, had foam around mouth from what his friend said. His friend just took him to back yard and threw him in the woods. The other dog is not looking to go and GS told him to take him back to his parents house if he wasn't going to take proper care of it. I think GS has parted company with him over the dogs. He doesn't take to well over someone mistreating an animal of any kind. 

I do have to say that in that short time he was living with his friend and being in a hotel for a week he seems to have thought about a lot of things. He is no longer depressed like he was when I first bought him back from Washington state. He talks more and more respectful than before. He is keeping his stinking clothes in the garage as I won't' let him keep any dirty clothes in the house now. They smelled bad of pot, cigarettes and vaping and I never felt good from that. The PA at the ER scared the daylights out of him with the pot issue. He hasn't touched it since the day before his pain started. I hope it stays that way. He is now trying to stop vaping. Having a bit of an issue on that but he has slowed it down a lot. Hoping and praying he will get off that stuff. 

Wanted to weed in garden this morning but way too wet to get in there. Maybe later in day if it's not to hot and it drys out some.

Washing clothes and getting the pork loin I canned yesterday put away. Neighbor gifted me some corn on the cob last night. So need to get that put up as well.  

Had one can of pork that didn't seal out of 23 pints so not bad. Will have that for dinner tonight and some corn. GS discovered he likes squash.  Yes, when you try new things you might just find out you like it. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Is there a way that you don't get a repeat?  :(  

Mine are (or were) calcium oxalate.  There is a list of foods and drink that I avoid.  No low carb or keto allowed for me.  I haven't had a problem for about 15 years.  And I eat better now than I did, so not sure of the why.  Thanks for the prayers!  

2 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Though I think he has moved back in on me

I was afraid that might happen.

Went to clinic first thing this morning to find out my appt. is tomorrow. Sigh
Made a big omelet for breakfast.
Walked.
About to walk dogs.
Have second load of laundry going.
Will spray for weeds in back yard.
Maybe make date muffins. (out of dates, not for a date. Wait) Can't seem to logically finish this thought. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Miki I hope all goes well at the clinic.  Hoping that kidney stone isn't giving you a lot of issues. 

GS is sleeping on couch. Don't know yet if he will go back to friends house or staying put but he never asked me if he could come back. Will see what happens. He is still taking his antibiotics and will finish those tomorrow.  

Got clothes washed and the canning put away. Might start canning again tomorrow from freezer. Need to check the big one to see what all is in there. Will have to bring in all the coolers so I can pull stuff out to get to the bottom of it. 

Tired and dragging today for some reason. Can't get myself moving to get a lot done right now. But need to finish packing up things for kids so when GD comes in on the 1st of Aug. She can get all her things and take them to her new house. On the 5th. They are moving in on the 1st but will be getting the bedroom suit and other things on the first as it will be a Sat. and everyone is working during the week and can't help them move furniture and stuff till the weekend. Then I can get all of GS's stuff together in one place and get him moved totally out on Aug. 25th. This moving in and out of my house and storing their stuff here has got to come to a halt. I am to old to be picking up and moving their things every time I need to clean house. Maybe I should sell this house and buy a tiny house where they can't find me. Saying NO doesn't seem to work for them. 

• Like 2

Miki, hope that stone passes quickly. I knew about the oxalate in foods especially spinach. My issues usually revolve around becoming dehydrated. It was D-ex's problem too. Be sure to drink plenty.  

Littlesister, be careful with G-son. As with most abusers, they have a honeymoon phase where 'butter wouldn't melt'.  They tell you what you want to hear and worm their way back in. Then it starts all over again reverting back to their old ways. Of course it's usually all your fault. I haven't BTBT but I know a lot of women who have. Stay strong girl.

Our weather has been great so far. Just a few days in the low 80's.  I had to stop by the house today to check the mail and (WARNING   :gdtmi: mail in my poop-on-a-stick) go to the post office. I was surprised to see two electric trucks in the driveway. They were working on replacing the circuit breaker box in the basement. I was going to pack up a few more things but very quickly discovered there was no electricity upstairs. Or any where else for that matter. It was a good thing though. At least one thing is getting done. I don't think that is the last of them though. I mentioned about putting in a socket above where the stove will be for a microwave and he said it wasn't on his order. Said the other crew will probably be back in to do it. Other crew?  I haz crews.  :008Laughing:

Ya know, I miss little things by living in a hotel. Other than the obvious. I'm on the first floor which I really like because it's so much easier to carry things in. I don't have to hassle with the elevator. The side door is just two doors down (there is a great Dwight Yoakam song about 'two doors down' ). But because I'm on the first floor, the parking lot is right in front of my window. Like less than 4 feet right in front! I'm missing the rain and watching storm clouds roll in. So today I parked right in front of my own window and walked around to the other side door. We are supposed to get rain and light storms this evening. Hope I didn't just jinx myself and the whole town. Just a little storm would be nice. If this doesn't work, next time I'll just go sit in the jeep and wait.  Sometimes it's the little things that get to ya. 

• Like 3

Jeepers, I had another big storm here this afternoon. Hard rain and and within an hour it was over. 

I have a very tight rope on GS. I really don't believe he will stop vaping nor stop with the pot but I am letting him do his thing on that. Not giving him a bedroom and all his dirty clothes must go in hamper in garage. He is so far keeping bathroom clean and the kitchen clean. But then he only worked half a day last week and is back at work this week. So will see what I wake up to in the morning. I have to wake him up to take his antibiotic every morning and he finishes that tomorrow. I do see some changes for the good in him but like you said, he might just be working his way back into my house. He has 6 weeks before moving into his apartment. So will see what happens then. 

Miki keeping you in :pray: for this stone to pass quickly. From seeing GS I know they can be extremely painful. I think his was from dehydration. So he is still pushing that water.  He took 2 bottles of water with him to work tonight. He can refill them as needed. 

I still just don't have any energy today. Don't know what is going on but hoping I'm not coming down with anything. Had to put a sweater on as I was getting cold also. It did get cooler outside after all the rain. It was stifling outside today. Very humid and hot.  

• Like 3

@Littlesister, no pain at all so far. I have  doc appointment  tomorrow  and will  see what  they have to say. This is how little I  trust doctors--  I  called  the urologist office  I want to go to and  made sure they  take my insurance, before  even  talking to  the  doctor. 

• Like 3

Miki I know what you mean about not trusting doctors. Seems some of the ones I used to go to has either retired, moved to another state for more money or just went with the flow and no longer caring for patients like they used to.  a friend of mine ended up in hospital again and it wasn't any better. Said they won't help you with anything. Not even bathing. They used to make sure you had plenty of water and they just let the little pitcher of ice water go and forget it after bringing it to you in the early morning. She was not a happy camper. 

Praying everything goes well for you tomorrow and that you don't have the pain like my GS had. He was doubled over and crying he hurt so bad. Just glad he finally passed it Sat. night. I saw it so he definitely passed it. 

• Like 3

Smart move about calling the doctor's office before going in. I think things have changed so much that even the doctors can't keep up with all of the rules and regulations.

I almost felt sorry for my doctor the last time I went. Almost. He can recommend a shingle shot but insurance won't cover it if he gives it to a patient. If he writes a prescription for it at a drug store, and they give it, then insurance pays for it. So my little pharmacy inside a grocery store (or a Wal-Mart) is more capable than the doctors office, according to my insurance...Medicare. 

Insurance just keeps usurping more and more power away from doctors. Last February he prescribed 1 1/2 pills of one of my meds because they don't manufacture the dosage I need. I think it is the cholesterol meds. Anyway, he had to call them and ask that I be allowed to take it. They wouldn't allow the pharmacy to fill it until they heard from the doctor. Took over 2 weeks to get that simple med filled. They seem to treat every thing like it's some kind of narcotic or some street drug. 

BTW, all has been well with the shot. Only thing I've gotten is a sore arm at the injection site when I touch it and it's still a little red. It's been 3 days so hopefully that is all I get. I heard the second shot is a little worse though.  :shrug:

• Like 3

My doc informed me that I have to get the tetanus shot [or probably the whole D-tap]  from a pharmacy.  She isn't allowed to give those.  :blink:

Turf Wars?   :scratchhead:

Still praying Miki!  Glad you're not in pain!

HOT today.  I was actually wearing a chilled gel pack under my baseball cap, ice packs moving around my torso, Chilly Towel strips around my neck and wrists......while DH drove me in for Cognitive Therapy.  :knary:  :0327:  Soooooo DH and I decided I need to curtail expeditions until fall.  Our car's A/C just isn't strong enough.  L understood since he actually poured water and squeezed out my Chilly Towel strips so I'd be comfortable during our hour.  Said he has a shirt of that hydrophilic material for bike rides.  

So he gave me the cognitive test again and I scored 27 out of 30...  Previously it was 23 or something.  All these appointments = Improvement cognitively and certainly physically - walking my tenths of mile daily.  Since heat drains me so badly, I didn't think I would be cognitively great but ...  I didn't remember the 5 words tho.  :shrug:   I've scheduled the next appts in Sept.  

And I've got homework.  :lol:   And I'll have my hearing aids next week.  So I'll be used to them by that time.  He warned me not to get frustrated and give up on them.  Give the brain time to adjust to hearing/processing the high tones again.  Hmm....this should be fun.  :grinning-smiley-044:

With DH's back so bad and working and driving too much, I hate to even try to get our window A/C unit in......carried up the stairs from basement.  But...we're gonna die here without it.  House is not even cool tonite....and just heats up from there in the mornings.  DH leaves the back door open at night.....{lions and coyotes and bears....OH MY!}  Dog would alert tho....hopefully.  She is not Koa.  She did alert me that someone was bringing a package today.  Right outta the shower with no nuthin' on :ph34r:  So I jumped into a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt only.  Gracefully accepted package and went back in house.  Sheeesh!  'Course I coulda been IN the shower....  :buttercup:  

MtRider  ....ya all take care in the weather ...

• Like 3

Mt. Rider, are they finished with your electrical work? If not, when they come back maybe one of those guys could help with the air conditioner. Especially when they see how hot it is in the house. Or maybe one of the people at your church could send out the word that you could use a little help. I really do feel for you because I'm in the same boat when it comes to needing some muscle power.  :hug3:

The other day I noticed my Jeep AC doesn't feel as cool as it used to. They used to give them a shot of freon to boost up the power but I'll bet they don't even do that any more. I've also noticed that the AC feels cooler if I let the window down a little. Don't know why that is either but I've been riding with the AC on and the window a couple of inches down and it feel much better. :shrug:

• Like 3

Will walk first, this morning.
Dehydrate sweet potato slices for dogs.
Walk dogs.
Doc appt at 1230.
No plan for later today!

My little clinic refers tests to the small hospital? next to them.  I have gone with what they said twice and was triple billed each time even though I had the receipts printed and copies sent.  I don't need that stress and the urologist I called would repeat the tests anyway.  I'd rather have it done once and correctly.

DH just lost his dad a few minutes ago.  There was family with him and he didn't linger or suffer long.  That was a blessing!

• Sad 6

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your husbands father. I understand all to well about it being a blessing in disguise though. We have had some of those in my family too. We will miss them, but wouldn't wish them back. Not the way they were. :hug3:

• Thanks 1

Miki, so sorry to hear about your DH's father.  :pray: going out for your family. 

Hoping all went well at Dr's office. 

Cleaning out linen closet in hall. Giving GS and GD some pillows, blankets and bedspreads. Other things are going as I go through them. I am really downsizing this house heavy.  Just don't need all the stuff I have with it just being me. Was talking with my nextdoor neighbor and she said her DH won't let her throw out or give away anything. She has a Huge TV that went bad and has been sitting in her living room for almost a year. It doesn't work but he won't get rid of it. At least my DH wasn't that bad. She is going to get her GS to get rid of it after her DH goes to sleep tonight. Don't think he will miss it. 

GS is going to help me this weekend with the heavier things. Mt. Rider I know how it is to not have help with heavy stuff. Can be hard to find people to help sometimes. Hope you can get that air conditioner in soon. 

• Like 3

Miki so sorry for your loss of your FIL. :hug3:

Mt Rider glad you are seeing cognitive improvements that's wonderful stay safe in the heat!

Littlesister so glad your GS finally cleared that stone! I hope he goes easily to his new place in Aug and continues on his path towards sobriety from all substances.

Jeepers hope the A/C in your Jeep doesn't continue to decline at least until after summer!

Still focused on work but some light at the end of the tunnel almost done with the first bit of major project #3 and they are interviewing candidates for the extra job role I took on 6 moths ago so hoping that will be done for me soon. My friend moves in in just 2 wks and still no shower. The plumbers are supposed to come later this week to put in what they do have and then we wait for the last part to come in. It's getting old how long it takes to do anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ach..Miki, it's too bad your dh couldn't travel right now.  It helps to gather with the whole family at these times.  Can he "be there" on zoom?  Is his health is doing better?  :hug3: 

Sheeesh, Becca Anne!  I hope you're compensated for your double duty!  Glad you can work from home....or Oregon!  C0v!D did move remote-working into the 'normal' category. 

Yeah, that would have been an idea, Jeepers.  But electric is all done....and just in time for running the ceiling fan in this heat.  So today DH had to travel an hour to the surgeon's office to get last of stitches removed.  It went well and he's glad to be done!  Driving hurts his back too tho.  But we didn't want to have him straining those stitches with heavy lifting or maneuvering. 

I was feeling pretty good today so before the heat climbed over the ridge too far, I went to the basement  [which is accessed by the outside stairs ] and ....ahem, burrowed my way into where we store the A/C box during winter.  Not bad, really.  Also rearranged some things.  A/C unit is in a big, awkward, heavy box.  BUT.....years ago I grabbed a couple of light 2-wheeled dollys after suitcases began coming out with their own wheels.  Those things are The Best for those of us who don't necessarily wait for someone bigger/stronger to get something accomplished!  Hmph!  Or when it's a toss up - who's in better physical shape today??  :P  Right? 

Well I huffed and puffed and got the box onto the dolly and wheeled it right out.  There are 15 open steps up to porch.  Fortunately, the only window that would work with the air conditioner is on the porch.  Better than ground level!  'Course I had to clear out stuff on porch from my reorganizing earlier this summer....things still sit there that would go to the dump if it didn't cost and arm and leg!  :motz_6:   Don't get me started. 

No...I did not attempt the stairs myself.  After DH was home, ate, relaxed his back, we went down to pull that up the stairs.  I'd grabbed a couple of my leather belts, hooked them together so that DH could use that to help lift from the bottom without bending over.  I was on the top...definitely bending over, but one by one we rather easily [and safely] got it up the stairs.  We didn't get any further.  Both kinda spent and ...it's HOT.  But clouds were coming in.  I could see us with the awkward thing half in the window and the thunder starts to rolllllllllll....  :grinning-smiley-044:  We live way too high to chance lightning.

We'll probably finish on Thurs. cuz DH is taking extra hours for a while.  Won't be home til late tomorrow.  It does take some maneuvering from outside and inside.  Gotta move my big heavy chair outta the way....{and the stuff I stash behind it}  :hidingsmile:   

But with the cloud cover, evening has been much better.  Still had to take a shower after being TOWED like I was on water skis....down the road behind several feet of the strong ribbon of the retractable leash.  Dog isn't getting out enough with heat so she's been speeding down the road....with me as anchor.  Cardio indeed!

Last night, with the same scenario there was a problem.  As I took dog retractable leash handle and ski pole [aka: hiking stick] in my right hand....and following "orders" to not take the stairs without hanging on [see previous unfortunate collision of my eye socket with aforementioned stairs]  my left hand was on the railing.  Dog was up ahead on leash, on the porch already.  Two steps from the top, I misjudged lifting foot and tripped.  I have ALWAYS tripped going UP stairs!  :gaah:  Well, yes.  The left hand did hang on and all I got was a barely skinned R knee and elbow.  Did not fly off the edge.  One drop of blood.  :amen:    :rolleyes:  

Cool in house now.   Sleep soon! 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Miki I do hope your DH can do the zoom thing like Mt. Rider said. With his health being as such that he can't travel he could spend time hopefully using the zoom app or even the Alexa app to talk and see family members. 

Becca Anne glad all is going well at work for you. You really do put in a lot of time and effort into it. Hopefully they will get you some help with that and give you a break on some of it. 

Mt. Rider, glad to know the treatments for the cognitive therapy is going really good. And you are making good progress in all other areas as well. 

Annarchy, stay safe. Keeping you in prayer for a safe journey. 

We had a bad thunderstorm today. I think it is just about stopped. Hard rain and a tornado touched down somewhere in NC. Not sure where yet. 

Still going through the long term food and moving things around in the front bedroom closet. Need to get that emptied as I need to remove that wire shelving and replace it with wood shelving units after I get it painted. Might move some of the long term cans to my bedroom closet. It is a much bigger closet and I have other ideas for the front bedroom closet. Just taking it a day at a time and trying to figure out what will work best for my needs.  I am getting rather tired now though and feel like I need a nap. But to late in day for that.  

• Like 3

Safe travels Annarchy! 

I had an interesting day. Son and DIL are interested in buying another (different) house. They found one they like and D-ex said he'd pay the earnest money. Cool! The only issue is (there is always an issue, huh) that he is traveling right now and doesn't have access or the time to wire the money by Friday. What to do?  MOM!  LOL.  I had to go to the bank first thing this morning and get a cashiers check then over to UPS to overnight it. They were all in tizzy afraid they would lose the house. Realtor said he needs the money by Friday. I guess there are some other interested parties.  It was easier to over night it than wire it. It will go right to their house now. Whew! They will still have to get an inspection ect. So, looks like they might be moving too. It will be just a little farther from me but a straighter route so I suppose it will all even out. She bought the house they live in now, before they were married and long before the G-son was thought about so it really is getting too small. The bigger the boys, the bigger the toys.  Also they are coming back over this weekend to take another load of my crap treasures  back to Indy. They need a stress release and the hotel pool is calling them. I have no illusions that they are coming just to visit me.  :grinning-smiley-044:

About the time I got back to the hotel my project manager called and wondered if I could possibly meet up with him. Today. They always do that. I really don't mind but one of these times they are going to do that and I won't be available. So, back to my town for a meet and greet. We did 'another final' walk through. He told me all the things I am responsible to buy and what the insurance will buy. It isn't as bad as it sounds. They will put everything I already have back in place but what I have is 45 years old chipped and ugly etc. We are upgrading to brushed nickel instead of the brass that is already there. So I need to buy the bathroom towel bars and rings and TP holders and things like that. And an upgraded shower head. Also insurance doesn't cover the vent covers. That is odd because they are on the floor and moldy looking. Whatever, I need to measure those and buy them. No hurry on any of it but I don't want to wait until the last minute. 

He said to go ahead and order the appliances when I can. He is concerned with shipping delays. He said most things are available now except for some reason they are having issues with dish washers. They can be hard to get. Lowes will keep them at the warehouse for awhile and then we can have them delivered to my garage until needed. Having said that, I will have to wait until my next SS check to arrive.  

What he really came for was to discuss the extras I want done to the house. The guesstimate was for $4,000. and the real bill was just a tad over that. I'm okay with that. A lot will get done to the outside of the house including paint and repairs plus three extra rooms inside the house painted and one room of carpet. None of it was damaged by the 'epic flood'. I think it is pretty fair. Fair enough that I didn't think it was worth bargaining over. That got paid for today.  Ouch.  

I like the project manager. We have agreed on everything single thing so far except for one thing. He suggested carpet in the master bath area. It's hard to describe. It's like one big room divided into three small ones. A shower toilet area, a big vanity area, and a big walk in closet.  He wanted carpet in the vanity and dressing room area and tile only in the shower area. I prefer having the whole area in the tile. There doesn't need to be carpet in the closet and in the area where the vanity (water) area is. I know it will be a lot easier to maintain that floor with tile rather than carpet too. Done it for 35 years with a Swiffer.

I also have homework. He gave me spread sheets to fill out with color choices and a bunch of other stuff that I really don't understand. Sigh. And I don't have a printer yet where I can print out a bunch of them for when I make errors. Put that on the old to-do list too. And I have to call a lady about meeting at the house for kitchen cabinets. The showroom is way down at the southern end of the state so she will travel up here. 

I can't get the Jeep U-Haul ready until the 28th. They are back logged too. And my arm from the shingle shot is all better already. I only had some soreness at the injection site. That was a surprise. Finally, something didn't blow up on me. :D

I have no plans for tomorrow. Zero. 

• Like 4

Glad things are moving along on the house Jeepers!

Mt Rider hope you and your DH can get that air conditioner in without hurting yourselves. Glad you didn't get injured bad from your fall on the stairs. I tend to trip going up too for some reason. I'm getting paid a very small stipend for the extra work. It's real payback is in reminding them I am good for the organization. Job security.

Miki those muffins look yummy!

Safe travels Annarchy!

Littlesister keep making those baby steps you'll get there. I too have lots of shelving to re-organize. I am just taking it one shelf and one drawer at a time. Making slow progress is better than none!

The plumber is due back to come work on the shower on Friday. Really hoping almost all of it will get done and that darned tiny piece will arrive to complete the job soon. In the mean time the sink they repaired the drain on now is backing up every time anyone uses the sink upstairs and not draining. I think being dry for so long the drain pipe has had some junk collapse and clog it. Hopefully an easy fix and not a re-pipe for that drain but honestly all the drain pipes in this house probably need replaced. At least that one can be easily accessed from the basement. It would even be something I could attempt myself if I was brave and had time but alas I am not so will pay the professionals to tackle the job.

Garden tomatoes are in full swing now. Sure wish I had had time to put up a proper support for them as I'm losing some to rot due to the weight dragging them over. Next year. I still pulled about 10 lbs out of the garden tonight as well as about the same weight of yellow squash. I really prefer zucchini so next year only 2 yellow squash plants and 4 zucchini instead of the other way around. But I have enough shredded zucchini to last me all winter so it's all good. We'll have squash several ways this week! Love it sauteed with a bit of butter and pepper :feedme:

• Like 4

Another hot day here....tho there were some clouds.  It helped but then the sun would come out again.  I got a big package of bacon...thick slices, out of the freezer.  With a knife warmed up with hot water, I separated out 6 long slices.  But the rest back in freezer.  :yum3:  We've got some ripe tomatoes and some lettuce.  BLTs!  :feedme:   Cooking the bacon slowly in my huge cast iron skillet wasn't too hot.  I usually bake the bacon....all of it at once.  Not this month. 

So when DH finally got home from 2 jobs today, we'd have BLTs with no work.  :sigh:   That was Walmart bacon and it was NOT the quality I expected.  Couldn't even taste it.  It wasn't gone bad.....just wasn't tasty.  Rats!  What will we do with the rest of that package?   Add it to something that has strong flavor?  :(   Rats!

But it was still supper.  With DH working another client MWF, I need to be able to have supper for us.  I'm so much better now.....but ....I hope I stay that way.  I haven't been the main cook in quite a while.  But....I was the only cook for decades so I'll come up with something.....even if I DON'T want to turn on the oven. 

Wow, Jeepers.  That was unexpected news.  Will little mister adorable still have the same school?  Have fun this weekend with family!  :wub:  

:pray:  for Annarchy driving in dangerous heat.  Hope you're hauling several gallons of water, friend.  If you had to stop for any reason... you could at least pour it over you - clothes and all.  Save you from hyperthermia. 

Mmmmm.....  Miki's muffins look good  :feedme:   ...wait.  You're baking in THIS heat?  Must be southern born!  :knary:  

Little Sister, glad your storm didn't do damage...especially your wonderful producing garden! 

MtRider ....to bed, of course. 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 3