MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Will walk first.
Clean stuff out of DH's car to get it detailed.
Already have laundry going.
Already put dog food away.
Will plant snap beans.
Maybe ebay photos.
Weed flower bed at Church? Probably get pushed off to tomorrow.

And am peeing red, so I have a kidney stone somewhere.  The stone is not moving since I am not in pain.  Haven't had one in several years.

• Sad 7

Miki, I have never had a kidney stone and seeing how it has affected my GS and how it has doubled him over in pain, I pray I never get one. 

I hope and pray yours won't be bad and will pass quickly.

GS is very tired but not in as much pain. He is now just using Ibuprofen. Very much discomfort but the pain is not as bad today. 

My financial advisor came by this afternoon and we got things straight like I wanted. He will be here next week to go over everything and to sign papers to put it all through.  That means now I can finish paying off the contractors.  And got my monthly raise. 

Otherwise I didn't get much else done. GS fell asleep on couch sometime during the night and he was out of it at 6:30 this morning so I stayed quiet as I didn't want to wake him.  He needed the sleep. 

• Like 6

Ouch, Miki…will antibiotics help?  Even oil of oregano?

Glad you’re GS is doing better…. LS.

Mt_Rider, it’s inspiring to hear how you are improving…keep it up Lady!

Saturday, cleaned house.  Had to clean under the frig, dust bunnies and dog hair clogging the coils.  Couldn’t quite reach to the back, but, DH gave me an extension… and then, I cleaned all the top, back, & sides of the upright freezer…it wasn’t turning off!  Now it does, but, he already measured it and has a new one coming on the 12th.  :blink:  Yikes!  I need to figure out how to empty it, let alone where we are going to set the new one, until it freezes, (our electric system won’t let me plug it in the kitchen, without blowing a circuit breaker, it will need a long extension cord to find another plug), so I can transfer the food… plus, now that the old one, 20+ years old, is working again…he wants to keep it as a back up.  Which means, more than likely, I will need to create a place for it in the stuffed shed!  :groooansmileyf:  Especially, since the outside temps… morning…4 am -6am, before the sun crests the mountain, 80°+. Then, steadily rising to 100°+ by 10 am.  :knary:  By noon & afternoon, we are pushing 110°. Soooo, I will definitely need to, ‘get it done’ early in the morning.  

I got a touch of heat exhaustion, when I cooked/smoked the brisket, and am still trying to stay out of the heat… :sigh:  Now, he wants me to cook the other one, he got me a box of hickory chips and a roll of butcher paper….how thoughtful…..  :feedme:

Guess what he got me for my Bday……?

…..a shovel….for the garden…. A SHOVEL!   It IS high end tho…. Nice platform for the feet, and all metal, black…yes black, handle….  I guess I will be using gloves…. Hot! Hot! Hot!    Maybe I might spray the handle white…….. Isn’t it the thought that counts?  :008Laughing:  (Even though I already have 4 other, working shovels…). 

Spent the last few days, transferring all my files, from my old desktop computer to the newer lap top.  Good grief!  10-15 minutes to copy onto thumb drive, 1-2 minutes to transfer to the newer laptop.  Go figure.  I’m almost done, just need to double check, that I got everything.  Then, I will need to delete much of it off the old machine, so mom can watch her news.

Dinner is done, beef enchiladas, made with leftover taco meat, refried beans, from leftover beans when I make moms bean soup & some Mexican rice….  Next, is putting leftovers up & doing dishes…..  

• Like 7

Wow Annarchy, you've been busy. Figuring out where to put things is a hassle for me too. Especially when you have to find an electrical socket in the vicinity.  I was surprised by how few I have at the house. 

Hey, a shovel sounds pretty nice to me. You can keep him on his toes by digging a big hole in the back yard with it. :grinning-smiley-044:  One year for Christmas husband gave me a poster of Bobby Knight. I mean it's signed and everything but still...  Two Christmas' ago it was a poster of the Rolling Stones Bigger Bang. See a theme here? Maybe he thought he was going to inherit them.  :24:

Please stay safe in that heat!  :knary:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mt. Rider glad to see you are doing much better and being able to walk pup much further is great improvement. Keep up the good work. 

Annarchy, you had a very busy weekend.  And yes a shovel would work for me as well. If you have a bush that needs digging out you can hand him the shovel and let him know he forgot to give you the energy and strength to go with it. Then he can help you pull up any bushes that need to be removed. :laughkick:But seriously a shovel works for me. I have had to replace a shovel and a hoe this year. Replaced the rake last year. Still have the old ones and if I can find new handles for them I could fix them. 

Got kitchen cleaned up from dinner and GS decided to sleep on couch again tonight. Said he is more comfortable there than laying flat in the bed. As long as he is not hurting that's fine with me. Might keep him with me till he is done with his meds. he really needs to learn how to keep up with all that. But then he has never had to do that before and with 4 pills he gets confused. Though he hasn't so far had to take the oxycodone today. but did use the Ibuprofen a couple of times. Still hasn't passed the stone yet though. Kidney doctor didn't call today so hoping he will get the call tomorrow. 

Hoping to work outside in the morning. Need to finish pulling the weeds from flower beds. It rained again yesterday evening. So will see how the day goes. 

For everyone getting the really hot weather, stay cool and hydrated. 

• Like 6

Little Sister,  have him get a piece of paper.   Make a column for each medicine name, (with how often to take next to it if he can't remember).   Simply list the time he took the medicine in that column.   So if Medication A is every four hours,  under Medication A, he lists when he took it, say 1pm, then by looking at the paper he knows at 5pm it is time for the next dose.

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Annarchy you are a saint, if my husband gave me a shovel for a gift I'd be digging him a big hole and watching him squirm :grinning-smiley-044:

Littlesister hope GS passes that stone soon. The meds can make them confused and not able to manage their meds alone good to keep him until he's off the narcotics just for safety I don't think anyone should be alone when they are on them.

MtRider it's hard to keep up with so many therapy apts glad the PT helped so much! 

Miki so sorry you are dealing with a kidney stone as well. Seems I hear more people get them in the summer hard to stay hydrated I guess and that can contribute to them.

I got out and planted some radishes and bush beans and watered everything real good tonight. Raspberries have a few ripe berries. I didn't expect anything this year so that is a treat. Have some watermelons and pumpkins taking shape too. Fun to see the work start to pay off. Mended a pillow and that was all I had time for this evening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Went to the doctor today. Meh. I'm just biding my time with him until I can get moved. He seems disinterested. I would have thought he would want blood work or maybe a urinalysis from my last UTI. Nope. I mentioned the hot flashes I still get after all of these years. "Hormones can sure wreck havoc on our body" was the answer I got. I mentioned it COULD be my thyroid. He looked at the computer and "Nope, it checks out fine from your last test."  Well, alrighty then, doc. Must be my imagination.  :knary:

I told him about the Lifeline Test. He said I'm on medication that will help with the plaque buildup in my right arm. Kinda doubt that. We had another discussion about Ambien. He gave me a med for sleeping and said if it doesn't work we could discuss Ambien. He hates the stuff but I know what works for me. I told him I'd try the new stuff for two months until my next appointment happens. They wanted to schedule my next visit on 9-11. I opted for 9-12. I'm not normally superstitious but this time it just didn't feel right. :shrug:  After the poop on a stick test then I'm good until September. He also said he'd try to get all of my meds to come due on the same day but insurance has the final say. 

I did find out more about the tilt table test. It is a lot more involved than I thought. They do an IV and shoot you up with a couple of different meds to see how you react. Heart attack and stroke are rare but can happen. And you can't drive for 24 hours after the test. So driving myself downtown (where a guy shot 9 people this weekend) isn't an option after all. Now I find out. He said I could see a cardiologist if I want to. Maybe. Do I want one he would recommend?  Biding my time...

They mentioned the shingle shot. I've been thinking about it again. G-son's grandpa has them for the second time. He is miserable in this heat. Sigh. I've decided to go ahead and get it. But wait...If I get it in the doctors office my insurance won't pay for it. If he writes a script and sends it to the pharmacy then insurance will pay for it. I went to the pharmacy and they couldn't do it because the insurance site was down. She said she could give it to me but it would cost $200.00. I don't know if that is true or not. I see it advertised for free but I'm going to wait anyway. If there is any kind of SNAFU with insurance involved you know I'll be right there in the middle of it. I think I'll wait until after son comes and goes one more time with his moving truck because I read where the injection site can be sore for a couple of days and I don't want that while I'm hossing boxes around. 

The receptionist asked about black lung, if my visit was work related, if I had any other insurance other than what is on file and if I was participating in any government sponsored programs. They asked me that the last time too. 

In the examining room she asked the usual questions about being abused etc. She didn't mention the questionnaire that I didn't fill out. Then she asked me if I would like someone else in the room with me while the doctor examined me. That was a new one. He only listened to my heart and back with a stethoscope. When I left the room she asked me if everything was okay. Hummm, does she know something I don't know? Is he a pervert?  Dang. I'm getting more and more suspicious of people these days. I think he is a decent guy. She just put the wrong thought in my head. Or did she...Dun, Dun, Dun. 

The last 5-6 times I was in that office it has been empty both when I go in and come out. I still find that very odd especially when they say we are having such a doctor shortage with people waiting months to see one. I tried to sneak a picture and the darn flash went off. At least it's clean in there. 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

OOTO, we did that when we were dosing my cousin in her final days. It was especially helpful because three of us were giving her meds at different times of the day. By that time she could have anything she wanted (Thank You Hospice!) but we still wanted to keep track and not run out too soon. 

Miki, I hope your stone passes quickly and painlessly. :hug3:

Seems like UTI's are making their rounds lately. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow....all you gals are so ambitious.  :thumbs: 

Praying that GS will pass that thing and get well again.  Ow!  Adding Miki to that list as well!  :pray:  Interesting what you said, Becca Anne, about the probably cause of being more prevalent in the summer.....dehydration.  I took another drink of water just then.  :lol:   I'm trying to keep hydrated!

Today I went to the last P.T. at 2pm and stayed around for the cognitive at 4pm.  I didn't get all of the BIG stack of memory homework done but I did about half.  L was quite impressed cuz I think a lot of his cognitive clients are less motivated.  Perhaps older and more impaired in body as well as brain?  While he was looking thru the first pages of homework....where I'd written "hopeless"  and "I couldn't have done this 25 yrs ago!"  ....he was trying to figure out some encouragement. 

Then I pulled out the later ones and showed him I changed up how I was trying to remember the data at the top to answer the questions pertaining to that data on the bottom of each sheet.  Like TV programing or ads for 3 theaters ....and you have to remember who's showing what/their address/phone/ other stray data cuz you don't know what questions will be asked.  I kinda slid back into college era studying and improved a lot.  The ones that are nearly all numbers {channels, times, etc}  ....I just have never done numbers.  :shrug:   Not too worried about losing something I've never had and have lots of work-arounds already. 

Anyway, he got all excited about my switch in approach.  He has noted that I'm quite detailed and creative.  :lol:  Uh, yeah. 

THEN he asks about the five random words he had me try to remember ...weeks ago.  A HA!  I knew he'd do that so I kept remembering the 3 that I got home with from that appointment.  But never did recall the other two but he told me.  Then of course he gave me the new 5 words.  Then immediately - before I could play memory games with those words, he set me to count backwards by 7s from 100.  Since he already knows I've never been able to do numbers in the air, he gave me pen/paper.  I can do that but I'm counting on my fingers (or rather with domino dots on the side) While I was doing that, he engaged DH in conversation to see if I could hold focus.  LOL  I actually got down to the last 7.....and it was correct!  Kinda surprised me.  Yay, domino dots... to count it down!  :woohoo:

THEN he immediately asked for the new 5 words.....  :wacko:     Uff tah!  Blank!  Zero!  Brain Search but NADA!  :sigh:  

Then as he gave me the clue of category  { a type of fabric }  "velvet" came to my mind.  I DID NOT REMEMBER that was the correct word!  But I threw it out there and to my shock, it was correct.  A flower ...."daisy"....was also correct.  A building:  I did actually remember "church" and the color "red".   Velvet and Daisy still have me intrigued tho.  He was excited...telling me the brain is waking up.  I'm improving.  Wellllllllll?   He's leading this so I'll take his word for it.  But ....I think I'm getting excited too.  :amen:

I've got 2 more sessions with him but will likely continue with another 'script for it.  But I'm tellen' ya!  I'm more fatigued with this mental focus than with the P.T.!

MtRider  .....  I think I really might get my brain back....  :hapydancsmil:

• Like 4

Up too early, again.
Will walk first.
Take DH's car to be detailed for his Birthday.
Walk dogs.
Find and plant snap bean seeds.
Call handyman for a couple of projects that we can't do alone.
Hope that's it. 4.5 hours sleep.

Your new therapist sounds great, Mt Rider!  It's wonderful to reclaim any health, eh?

Jeepers, your doc sounds like a bad one.  I hope you get what needs done and get moved!

I will be searching for the bean seeds soon, Becca Anne.  I may plant a couple more tomatoes, too.  NO MORE jalapenos!  They do too well.  LOL

I hope your GS's kidney stone passes soon!  Not sure they ever pass painlessly.  During the day- no blood.  Overnight- blood.  No pain though, so it isn't moving anywhere.  I passed one several years ago that was 7mm.  It took a year and a half to pass.  There were months that it didn't move and then it would.  It can be a process for me.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Wow, Miki.  Hope yours moves along quickly and quietly.  :pray: 

Yeah, L's enthusiasm for my brain reclamation is contagious.  I'm usually: Let me see it first.  Prove it.  But...I'm getting hopeful. 

Jeepers!  I found an article that while it may not apply to you, it will give you some satisfaction.  :bouquet:   :wink(2): 

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/bank-america-ordered-pay-100-million-double-charging/story?id=101088255

MtRider  ....heading to the back rooms - getting hot up in the south-facing rooms!  :knary: 

• Like 4

OK, all, I think , all my pictures are transferred to the laptop.  Deleted 40,000+ files & folders on my desk top...ran defrag...its working quicker than it ever has... especially since I downloaded Mrs S from GoDaddy...several years ago, so we could be here.......  58,000 files!!!  No wonder the computer was sloooooowww!  Been watching the screen saver cycle through my photo files....  thinking about revising my "blog" with a plethora of pics... just to keep them here... and share... replacing many that disappeard when I got deleted.....  nuf said...  many are gone forever.... but, we shall see how much I am able to add..

Still trying to 're-learn' how to use a keyboard, since most of the time I have been using my tablet... but I have dropped it a few times, arthritis, and it has some glitches in some of the program I use....:imoksmiley:  So, I don't want to trust it now....plus, the darn thing is over 10 years old....

• Like 4

Wow, Annarchy. That's a lot of files. I'm sure I have a ton of junk in my computer that needs removed. Hope you can get access to all of your photos. You always took such pretty ones! 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here but sometimes when I hit the 'enter' button on this computer to down space to make a new paragraph, the whole paragraph that I had just written, erases. I was just complaining about all of my pictures on my computer ends up showing in my phone and clogging it up. I'm afraid to delete them from my phone because I'm afraid they will be deleted from my computer too. Every time I play a game on the phone all of the screen shots show up in my phone. Dozens of cartoon images. And 'someone' is adding pictures of strange people that I don't know, in my phone. Tough when you are OCD and want to keep everything neat and tidy. Probably using up my space too. 

Mt. Rider, good news about BOA. Couldn't happen to a better company! I know they are using my money to collect interest on. If my Indy bank ever sells my mortgage to BOA, I will take my money (BOTH dollars) out and refi someplace else. I detest them. 

P.S. I just clicked on one of your pictures that is all black at the bottom of this site, just to see if anything would show up. It didn't. It is still all black when I clicked it. I figured it would but I wanted to test it out anyway.  :(

Edited by Jeepers
Added Info
  • Like 3

Mt. Rider I am so glad the therapy is working great.  

Jeepers, It looks to me as if a lot of patients have already switched doctors. Something isn't right there. You might need to check the Better business bureau or type in the doctor's name and see what comes up. sometimes you can get the type of recommendations on him and if there are any issues going on. 

Miki, I hope you are doing better with that kidney stone than GS is. He is really having a hard time. Hoping it will pass for you fast. 

Annarchy glad you are getting things straight with your computer now. I really need to get a new one as mine is way past 10 years old.  

Got the second round of squash canned today.  10 quarts. So happy with that. Still more out there but not sure how much more I will get. Tomatoes are now starting to ripen.  Have 3 watermelon growing. They are about the size or a bit larger than a baseball. This is my first time growing those. 

GS left to go to work early this evening and was going back home. He got to his friend's house and said as soon as he sat down for a minute the pain hit him so bad he was starting to cry. Said it was as bad or worse than Sat. before going to ER. Called me to come get him as he hurt so bad he couldn't drive back to my house. So I went and picked him up and moved his clothes from his car to mine. Got him settled down with an ice pack as that was working better than heating pad and he took the oxycodone. He was hoping to not have to take anymore of it. Kidney doctor still hasn't called yet. So will be calling him tomorrow. I got him to eat something after he settled down and the pain eased off.  I think I am in for a long week. But at least he will be cared for. He's back drinking water by the gallons again. 

• Sad 4

Yay great news on the cognitive therapist MtRider!

Jeepers there is some new regulations to offer chaperones I haven't looked into the detail but I"m guessing they passed a new policy to ask. Most of what you said is standard rooming for our clinics. I hope you find a Dr you like in IN.

Littlesister I hope the kidney Dr calls soon so your GS can get proper follow up. 

Wow Annarchy that's a lot of files. I need to clean up my computer too.

Miki I hope you pass your stone soon too!

Today I worked 11 hrs...got recognized at work for my work and urgently finishing 2 projects this week with another due on the 24th. So looking forward to after Aug 23rd when that is turned in. So much going on! And just remembered it's my month to present to the Board of Directors...:imoksmiley:Highlight of my day was eating fresh cucumber on my salad from my garden :wub:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hmph......I'd whine about how HOT it's been but I've seen the map.  I KNOW the Annarchys are sweltering.   La Hai Na =  cruel sun  {also the name of the town we lived in on Maui.  }

As was suggested by L - cognitive therapist, I picked up my 3-ring binder from 3 yrs of studying Hawaiian language on DuoLingo.  I just started reading and pronouncing for a while.  L said I hadn't lost it - not doing it for the past 2 yrs.  It's still there, he said.  Yeah, when I try to think of something in Hawaiian, nada!  Blank.  :blink:  I mean aloha and mahalo and stuff I actually used on Maui.  But ....nothing else.  And YET....it's familiar when I'm reading all my notes.  And believe me, I recorded all the vocab and sentences and my notes in that binder.  :happy0203:   I don't even have to get on line yet.  I'll just review at my own speed.  Languages are a great way for exercising cognitive - which was why I was doing it!  That...and I just enjoy languages. 

I have a friend who is helping to translate the New Testament into a South American people group's native language... that hasn't ever been translated.  People from her church have lived down there a long time and the folks would like the Bible in their own language, and not just reading in Spanish.  So while she doesn't know the language, she can pick out nouns and verbs to be translated with the dictionary.  Sentence by sentence.  Her friends have been there for years and do know the language.   Soon she'll learn how to conjugate the verbs.  She does speak some French and Norwegian. 

That's my entertainment for this hot day.....but if we can get enough outside air INSIDE, we'll be fine.  Gotta love the mountains for that factor! 

MtRider ....G'night all   

• Like 3
On 7/10/2023 at 4:55 PM, Annarchy said:

Spent the last few days, transferring all my files, from my old desktop computer to the newer lap top.  Good grief!  10-15 minutes to copy onto thumb drive, 1-2 minutes to transfer to the newer laptop.  Go figure.  I’m almost done, just need to double check, that I got everything.  Then, I will need to delete much of it off the old machine, so mom can watch her news.

I was not looking forward to doing that at all! Guess what?!? You can buy a special cord that will plug into both comps and get it all down in a "jiffy." :pc_coffee:

(Got mine at Best Buy)

https://www.usbgear.com/how-to-use-a-usb-data-transfer-cable.html

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I mentioned it COULD be my thyroid. He looked at the computer and "Nope, it checks out fine from your last test."  Well, alrighty then, doc. Must be my imagination.

When Docs do "thyroid tests" all they are checking for is if you have the "correct amount" of T4 circulating in your blood. But how do they know if it is being converted to the bio-available T3??? Simple answer is, they don't!  :soapbox:

And the test for checking that is a bit on the expensive side so most insurances don't want to cover it. What's a girl to do? I requested an Rx for the other thyroid hormone too! She was willing to comply. So now I take both  levothyroxine(T4) and liothyronine(T3) so I have all of my bases covered. :hapydancsmil:

See if your Doc will do that. :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Walked first.
Got some paperwork together for Church stuff.
Re-packed DH's car after detail was done--and returned spray bottle to detail fellow. He left it in car.
Looked at security cameras on ebay.
Cleaned baths and dusted house.
Not sure what else is on the menu for today.
I might start a salt rising bread as I now have a heating pad that will stay on and fresh ground cornmeal.

My kidney stone only causes bleeding at night and still no pain.  I've had this happen before, so I'm not jumping to call the doc.  Mine take lots of patience, but when I start to have pain, I will let them know!

Becca Anne, I love eating out of the garden, too.  Lots of tomatoes and jalapenos right now!  Congratulations on being recognized at work!  

Jeepers, I dislike BOA also.  I have a card and use it once every 2 years when they threaten to close the account (and then pay it off immediately).  I've had it since '98, so it's good for credit.

Praying for your gs. Littlesister!

• Like 2

Midnightmom, I'll try the CTRL+Z the next time, if I can think of it. I think I might be hitting a button that tells the computer to do that when I hit the enter key but I'm not sure. When it happens, it will happen every time I hit the enter key. I have to leave the site and come back in and start over. My laptop area is too big. 

I'll have to check into my thyroid test before my next appointment. I do take levothyroxine. I only mentioned thyroid to him because when I looked up 'what can cause hot flashes other than menopause', thyroid issues came up. I heat up so fast and nothing I'm doing at the time causes it. So annoying. 

When I looked up doctors in my little town in Indy, the second doctor that came up on the list was a vet.

As in veterinarian not veteran.  :o  Although, I always said my dog got better medical treatment than I ever did. So...

Luckily the next town over has a bunch more MD's. 

I took the new sleeping med he gave me last night. It gave me restless body syndrome. I could not lie still. I finally fell asleep this morning and slept the entire next day. At least when I can't sleep on my own, I'm not groggy all the next day. I'll give it a fair trial but not the two months like I told him. Maybe a month. Maybe. 

Contractor called and gave an estimate on all of the extra work I asked to be done. Mostly on the outside of the house. All on my dime because it wasn't damaged in the flood. I know it is a lot of work. And I know it will help sell the house and it needs to be done, It really needs it! But dang. $4,000.00. I will be dipping into the old stock fund again. Everything is so expensive these days. Paint all of the trim on the house, paint soffits, paint shingles, paint 2 doors, wrap 2 porch posts, wrap garage door entryway, install new outside light, power wash the house. Then install new carpet in one bedroom and paint it. I suppose I'll go ahead and have it done and pray that I recoup the money in the sale of the house. It's a pretty big house but dang. Lesson learned to not let the outside of the house go to pot. Fixing it up all at once hurts. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

hello ladies.  Loong time no see.  I have been reading to try to catch up.  So much missed...

I got my back fixed....new longer and heavier rods next to old broken ones,  Doc could not get out all the broken bits of screw,  but I can stand up straighter now.  Of course new issues have surfaced,,,,left hand is pretty useless now, only the pinky and ring finger work.  While I wait for an opening in the specialists office for tests I am doing occupational therapy for the hand (cant hurt) and physical therapy for the back.  Starting to pick up again on household operations but Im slow...one handedness requires ingenuity, LOL

The day I had surgery the 15 chickens we ordered showed up at the post office.  Fortunately only one died.  Since my name was on the order the postal people did not want to release them to Mary though we are at the same address for pity's sake.  It took 24 hrs to get them sprung.  Now they are almost ready to move into their bigger digs and  we think our new flock is pretty - we have buff colored, cinnamon colored and speckled white on black ones.   

Aaaaaaaand, naturally when the chicken lady at tractor supply offered us 75% OFF on month old chicks she had to move out to make room for new ones,,,,,,,we took 8 more.

(Neither one of us could resist the bargain.)  So now marys bathtub is in use as a brooder, too as I already have 14 in mine, 6 weeks old and itching to get out! (good thing we have a separate walk in shower, LOL.  Its too hot to not have one.  Tomorrow we install nest boxes and feeding/watering stations and bury the anti-dig predator fencing.  All will be ready next week.

The garden is going crazy - weeds too - but we are loving the cucumbers, tomatoes and green peppers as are the folks we share with.  Both mary && I love those tomatoes every night summer dinners. Mmmmmmmmmm

• Like 7

I have a puppy.  He's ten weeks old.  His mama is pretty much a redbone hound, and his papa must be something with a thick coat of curly black hair and maybe a white face and chest star.  He's going to be a reasonably good size for a guard dog. The landlord gave him to me today.  He has some respect for chickens, but needs to learn not to mess with them at all.  Pics to come after daylight.

• Like 6