MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What are you canning today? Part 8

DD1 came Monday morning and is leaving early tomorrow morning. We canned 6 qts spaghetti sauce, and 12 pts and 9 qts grape juice for her. Canned 4 pts okra and 12 pts of green soybeans for us. I have a few soybeans left that I hope to can tomorrow, Porbalby a couple of pts. Watching the canner of soybeans now.

tomorrow is jam day - grape, strawberry & raspberry. Took all from the freezer (had to freeze until I had enough) today to thaw, along with about 50 lbs of tough mexican beefsteaks I will be canning as well. I will be biz-eeeee!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Made dog food (chicken, froz. peas and green beans, slice yam and carrots, can of kidney beans, half apple sliced, and chicken broth) in the crockpot on Wednesday and then pressure canned it. Full crockpot made 10 pints and lasts about as long as 10 cans of wet food. We add it to dry dog food for flavor and nutrients.

• 1 month later...

Made dog food (chicken, froz. peas and green beans, slice yam and carrots, can of kidney beans, half apple sliced, and chicken broth) in the crockpot on Wednesday and then pressure canned it. Full crockpot made 10 pints and lasts about as long as 10 cans of wet food. We add it to dry dog food for flavor and nutrients.

:thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, Daelith said:

Last weekend, I canned some chocolate strawberry sauce. Got 8 half pints. Had a little left over so I had it on some ice cream. :cloud9:

Ohhhhhh yes, sounds delish (have to dig up that recipe since the strawberries are starting up).  Right now doing rhubarb stuff.  Rhubarb sauce, Rhubarb-strawberry pie filling, etc....

Scored 10 lbs of rhubarb at the farmers market. When I get a craving I generally buy waaaay too much, esp when it is on sale lol.  My bad....

• Like 1

Ack.....thanks for the reminder, Kappy.  One of two plants that do grow up here is our rhubarb.  And yes, I should be grabbing some.  Won't be terrific yeild this year cuz bad hail x3 ripped thru even those tough leaves.  :(  Honestly...I think that's the first time that's happened in these decades up here.

MtRider  :lois: 

Been a bit since I've dropped by. Since my last post in this thread I've canned pickled onions, sweet relish, balsamic onion jam and chicken stew. Planning on trying to get some pickle relish done this weekend.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Ambergris! :wave:

Is no one canning this summer? :scratchhead:

Okay since my last check in I've canned pickle relish without any onions and peppers, sweet pickles, bread and butter pickles, 15 lbs of ground beef, lemon honey jelly and zucchini bread jam.

Also got another 25 lbs of ground beef put up in the freezer.

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

I canned 5 -pints and 6-half pints of taco meat today!

Way to go, Lady!  

When I get back home, I need to can the carrots and beets. They need to be harvested before they get too old/pithy. 

• Like 1
On 7/25/2017 at 9:38 AM, Daelith said:

Hi Ambergris! :wave:

Is no one canning this summer? :scratchhead:

Okay since my last check in I've canned pickle relish without any onions and peppers, sweet pickles, bread and butter pickles, 15 lbs of ground beef, lemon honey jelly and zucchini bread jam.

Also got another 25 lbs of ground beef put up in the freezer.

I will do some canning, but we'll buy from Amish this year.  We plan to do some camping and traveling and I'll can when we're at home base.

• Like 1