MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for Dinner???

Last night we had pot roast with carrots and mashed potatoes and gravy, greenbeans, and pineapple.. With chocolate pie for dessert. Tonight we are having beef and noodles with corn and biscuits with the rest of the chocolate pie!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we had a change of plans.. A couple of my neighbor ladies came and picked me up. We went shopping at Rural King Aldi's the Dollar Store and Walmart! In between though we stopped at a Chinese Buffet! Dh and the kidlets fended for themselves!

Since beef is so expensive I'm trying to stretch it as far as possible.

Last night was about 1/2lb. hamburger with spanish rice, pinto beans,onion and homemade tomato juice, dried tomatoes and peppers. Not too bad. Desert was oatmeal bread fixed in the wood stove oven. Good mmmm. smile

Tonight DH said he'd fix supper. Casey's pizza. I can do that once in a while. No cooking or dishes. grin

We had half a gallon of chili left over from the church fellowship, so we heated a can of tamales and a can of refried beans. Poured the chili over the top and topped with cheese slices and grated cheese. Tortilla chips on the side. Result - three plates licked clean (literally in one case LOL).

Dora

Nice having the kids grow older... I just arranged the chicken in the pan. It was spiced by DD; she also made rice, and a veg mixture of mushrooms, frenched green beans, carrot slivers, and broccoli.

Tonight is going to be half TVp half beef meatloaf which I season with tomato sauce, chopped spinach and cheese. We are making a gluten free vegetable tempura tonight to go with it. (using onions, slices of squash and green beans) We are being snowed in today and I always cook fun stuff on snow days!

We had late breakfast of buckwheat waffles this morning. I rarely go to that much trouble in the morning but we are all being lazy, still in pjs at this hour...but..hey, I know what I'm makin' fer dinner! LOL

Well, since I got completely absorbed with another project (ironing plastic bags together to make material) and forgot to put the roast in I guess we are having grilled cheese now!

LOL it is a good thing my kids can also kind of fend for themselves since I often forget about food.

grrr....

Chicken fajitas.

Archived