MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for Dinner???

Tonight was are having crock pot bbq chicken, which I will take out and shred and we will have it on buns, with salad.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicken stir-fry on brown rice... it was a bit odd because I didn't have any fresh stir-fry type veggies onhand (we've been sick and missed a week of groceries) so I dug out a bag of frozen chopped mixed vegetables and tossed than in instead. I did find cans of water chestnuts and bean sprouts in the cupboard so a can of each of those made up the bulk of it with the frozen veggies rounding it out.

Babykins refused to eat it so she had cheese and crackers and apple slices as a bedtime snack when she finally started to complain of hunger.

Lasagna and garlic toast for the family, leftover pot roast for me.

Mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, and chicken in gravy. Still 2 pieces of pineapple cake with whipped cream left...

Originally Posted By: Grubby
Meatloaf (made an extra one to put in the freezer)...

I'm curious, did you freeze it raw or cook it first?

Tonight is "sport night". We clean out the fridge and have left overs, and you have to be a good sport about it! lol

I am making rice with italian sausage.

2 cups rice cooked in 4 cups of water with chicken bullion

2 carrots, grater

one small onion, finely chopped

2 celery sticks, thinly sliced

Italian sausages (We like mild)

fry sausages in frying pan till mostly cooked, then slice, putting them back in the pan. drain excess fat. add onion and celery and grated carrot. at this point you can also add a tablesoon of garlic jelly. sometimes i do, sometimes i dont its awesome either way.

once the sausages are cooked through and the veggies are tender, mix it all in the rice. and serve.

Originally Posted By: Grubby
Originally Posted By: PoGo

I'm curious, did you freeze it raw or cook it first?

I cooked it first so that I only had to heat it the
second time. I also removed it from the pan and then
wrapped it. smile

bighug

Thank you, Grubby! I just may try that. smile
Originally Posted By: ArmyOfFive4God
I have a few meatloaves in my freezer. Cooked them, cooled, wrapped in foil, popped in freezer. To cook you just thaw & heat about 25-30 mins (pending the size) at 350º. Yummy, quick easy!...

Thank you, too, ArmyofFive4God! smile

We were indulgent and went out last night. There is a local place that has free kids meals on Wednesday. They also get tokens to play games and win prizes. The kids have a blast and we get a nice treat.

Tonight it's back to the usual. DH is at the station so we're having spaghetti and meat sauce. I may bring some up to him if none of the guys are cooking tonight.

Archived