MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for Dinner???

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night was homemade pizza. Tonight DH is working so the kids and I will have baked potatoes and veggies. We tend to do the vegetarian meals when DH is at work. He's a real meat and potatoes kind of guy.

YUM... pizza sounds *good*! yumyum

I wonder if Pizz Hut still has their $5-per-medium-pizza deal going? We got 3 a couple of weeks ago and it was ok. Maybe tomorrow I'll call.

Tonight is *LEFTOVER NIGHT* (said with booming echo voice). I have leftovers from 3 meals and I'll only cook one more veggie. (I get first dibs for lunch... rofl )

frozen

2 Large Baking potatoes

2 Cans of cheddar cheese soup

2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth or stock

1 cup half and half or milk

1 handful of real bacon pieces (I always add more)

Bake potatoes until fork tender (like making potato salad)

In a sauce pan heat up cheese soup and chicken broth for 5 minutes, add potatoes, bacon, and half and half. Heat until Hot but do not boil. Garnish with sour cream and green onions..

Last night we had home made pizza using generic grands biscuits as our pizza dough. We flattened them out spread pizza sauce over them then added sauted green peppers and onions, fried bacon and ham pieces, pepperonis and cheese.. They weren't too bad.

I can't buy pizza often. And when I do, I have to go get it... no delivery way out here!

But I've been really careful lately with the food budget and might be able to swing it. wink

bighug

Last night we had turkey pot pie. I make 2 at a time when I make them and this was the second. It is so nice to be able to just pull something out and bake it.

Tonight is Cranberry Pork Roast with rice and broccoli.

Friday night we had leftover potato soup from Thursday - mmm,mmm,good! Friend shared her tasty recipe. I'll post it later on. Tonight we will have homemade pizza and tomorrow chicken fajitas! I also have a pumpkin bundt cake mix that comes with the frosting/glaze and we'll have that on Sunday as well!

Originally Posted By: Heather
Last night we had turkey pot pie. I make 2 at a time when I make them and this was the second. It is so nice to be able to just pull something out and bake it.

Yum! Care to share how you fix it? {Pretty Please}
Originally Posted By: Buttercup
Originally Posted By: Heather

Yum! Care to share how you fix it? {Pretty Please}

Please share...I would love to make cranberry pork roast.
PLease.gif

Tonight we had a salad, with shredded carrots, sweet frozen peas, flat peas, shredded cheddar, lettuce, spinish and cabbage. Sliced brown sugar ham on top, and the dressing was cucumber ranch.

Pork chops, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, apple sauce, broccoli. With chocolate chocolate chip muffins from Costco for dessert.

tonight was lasagna,greensalad,and garlic bread last night was pizza from a take out not very good so won't be going back for a while, tomorrow will be leftovers and then mon. we are planning on taco soup

Cranberry Pork Roast

2 pork tenderloins (could probably use pork loin and cook longer)

in a small dish combine

1/2 t garlic powder

1 t rosemary crushed

1/2 ginger powder

1 t salt

1/2 t pepper

rub on pork and brown in some oil on the stove

in a small saucepan combine 1 can whole cranberry sauce and 1 cup orange juice

When pork is browned and sauce is melted put in a baking dish and pour cranberry sauce over pork. Bake in 375 oven for 25 minutes more. We like this over rice, but it is also good with sweet potatoes.

Archived