MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for Dinner???

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pizza night!

Every Friday, a young friend from Norway who is here going to university hitches a ride with us and we head to my parents place. Babykins gets to run around their open house (in the summer, we're outside) and play with the dogs while the adults chow down on pizza, salad, fruit, and cake! This week, we'll have two Norwegians with us as our "Blond Bombshell" has a friend visiting!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonights dinner is potato gnocci, with basil and tomato sauce and spinach salad with sliced mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, served with creamy poppyseed dressing.

yum yum! We also have oasis probiotic juice to go tith it because we are all on antibiotics for strep and sinus infections. Maybe I will but beans in the basil tomato sauce. black beans? romano beans?

We had a budget helper dinner tonight. Put 2 cups elbow macaroni in boiling water till done and drained. Added one can fiesta nacho cheese soup and 7 hot dogs cut into 1/4 inch pennies. Used about 1/4 cup milk to clean out the soup can and heated everything through. Fed 3 hearty eaters and enough for DH's lunch on Monday for about $2.50. I love it when a plan comes together lol

Dora

Last night I made pizzas...wheat-free for me and regular for the rest of the family--topped with onions, peppers and pepperoni

Dora, I loved your thrifty dinner plan! Our thrifty meal for Sunday lunch was that I took one leftover turkey cutlet and a cup of leftover veggies and seasoned them Italian style, diced the cutlet, added diced potato and onion and cooked little meat pies in crust. Served this with the leftover soup I had made a few days ago. This fed three people....and everyone said they want me to plan that again, LOL balloons

I don't know what I will cook today. Maybe I will learn how to make perogies from scratch, or I will just make chili or butter chicken.....I can;t decide!

Actually, I think I will go with butter chicken. yummi!

Last night we had cheap steaks and baked potatoes with bread and gravy.

Tonight we are having porkroast mashed potatoes, and broccoli.. (I'll probably heat up some sour kraut for mine as well)

Last night we had hamburgers with homemade bread, homemade baked beans from my home canned navy beans, and home fries.

Tonight...I've already got a chicken in the crockpot with peach ketsup and we'll have yeast rolls with it along with 2 sides--not sure what yet, but it'll be something I've canned. smile

TVP tacos with home made taco sauce. (mine will be lettuce wrapped because I am allergic to corn and wheat and can't have tortillas)

Fried Tilipia fillets, potatoes and beets.

Plum pudding?

Spaghetti, vegetarian style. Green salad with carrots, and tomatos.

Archived