MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for Dinner???

Home made pizza with sausage, peppers, onions and pepperoni

wheat crust for the family and a small wheat-free one for me

In honor of Pappa Sam who always made pizza on Sunday nights!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamburger gravy from the freezer (with peas and carrots), the last of the fresh potatoes and the extra layer of cake from my Easter egg.

Its crock pot beef roast for us. I'm home with a cold and I usually feel worse in the evenings.

So, I cooked up some bacon for breakfast for all us sick people here, then used the bacon grease to sear the roast in. The grease, roast, all the carrots I could find, onions, a garlic clove(squeezed through a garlic press) a small can of beef broth, and lastly, a can of old green beans I'm trying to use up.

I'll add potatoes later.

I think my kids will eat green beans that don't taste like canned green beans. I hope so anyway.

With DH and kids, anything that has bacon grease in it is good.

We are having butter chicken and greek salad. Unless Pat decides to cook. I gave him the option.

not sure what to do tonight. something with oat flour in it, LOL I just got my grain mill and I've been grinding up some oat groats. (Its' just daughter and me tonight so it might just be some home canned soup and some kind of cracker made from the oat flour)

Kids and I are having Pizza bread with chicken, pepperoni and cheese on it. Pa's working nights this week and next.. So we don't have to have big meals while he is gone! Yea!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Okay, last night I made turkey cutlets, green beans, carrots, and whole grain oat/barley bread

I miss everyone's postings because sometimes looking at what others are cooking gives me inspiration!!!

Today, I made the dinner for lunch and we're having sandwiches for dinner...

Made pork roast, green beans and squash for Sunday lunch.

Tonight we are making sandwiches. Everyone makes their own..using up the rest of the oat/barley bread and the leftover pork. I'll make them soy/peach smoothies to go with it.

Archived