MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Help me name our pony....

Dee

A friend cornered me in the grocery store a couple of days ago. Seems a friend brought him a miniature pony he didn't want any longer. Greg didn't want him either because he has 2 huge mules and this little guy needed to be kept separate and was just a pain.

He asked if we wanted him, I said I'd ask DH and of course, we now have a pony. Dh went yesterday to pick him up in his car....yep, life on the farm includes putting animals in the backseat of the car! smile He's a cute little thing and his colors are brown and white.

When an animal arrives at our place he's named with the letter of the alphabet corresponding with the year. Hence, it's 2008 and H is the 8th letter of the alphabet.

So, dogmom4 suggested Hershey and her husband said Half and Half. How about it, can anyone come up with more names.

Actually, I loved Half and Half but DH raised his eyebrows. He liked Hershey, which I also think is cute BUT I'd love some more suggestions.

Hope to hear some ideas and I'll let you know what we decide.

bighug

I suggest you call him Whisper, .....Croupy,.....Raspy,.....Or even Lare-N-Gitis......

Well, you DID imply he was a little horse (hoarse)!!!

sofalol

Uhmmm,,,, couldn't resist.....

Okay "H"..By the way I like the way you name them for the year. I might have to steal that idea. Would make it a lot easier to remember. If he's very nice you could call him Harmony and if he's not perhaps Hagar for the Horrible. grin

bighug

Awwww...Dee, he sounds so cute. Guess you need to find some quiet time for a heart to heart talk to see what he wants to be when he grows up. Pared my choices down to four. grin

Strong and mighty? Hercules

Fast and flashy? Harley

Cute little love bug? Herbie

Thoughtful and poetic? Horace

I almost said Half Pint but Amishway Homesteaders beat me to it!!

How about ....Horsie? Cause that's what he is... I know, not very original....

Hokey Pokey Pony

Cute Grubby rofl but we weren't looking for another pony when we got this one. We already had 2 horses and a pony but through the years the word has spread, the ------'s will take it, give them a call.

I think the only animal we've turned down through the years is a pot bellied pig. He needed to be in the house and since the kids are grown and gone animals in the house are not accepted. Well, except for the occasional bottle lamb but that's only for 3 or 4 days until it learns how to drink from a bottle. Once it learns then back out to the sheep barn it goes.

DDIL says the name Hercules cracks her up when she looks at the little thing and says that name so, maybe that's what we'll end up with.

This is fun, man, I'm surprised at the numbers of names you've all come up with.

Archived